Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Zeg posted:

Did anyone else used to put on the Legend of Dragoon Menu Theme to study/sleep to?

For one summer I'd fall asleep to the Wild Arms 2 in game screen saver by accident. Have a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiv7_24W1E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have fuzzy but fond memories of this one tactics RPG called Kartia back on the PS1 that I bought because it had Yoshitaka Amano art on the cover

It was pretty cool, had a card-based magic system that I thought was fun. Never finished it but I should pick it up again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Speaking of, them dang ol Wild Arms games have a lot of nice quality of life features. The auto battling alone makes any grinding much less of a chore. Like, Legend of Legaia is one of my favorite RPGs, but the thought of playing it sometimes gives me a little anxiety because the encounter rate is pretty high and there's a lot of input in terms of controls and combos in battle. I guess the Japanese version does not suffer from the same difficulty/encounter rate. I bet someone has made a custom hack for the English version. If so, I'd like to find it.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Harrow posted:

I have fuzzy but fond memories of this one tactics RPG called Kartia back on the PS1 that I bought because it had Yoshitaka Amano art on the cover

It was pretty cool, had a card-based magic system that I thought was fun. Never finished it but I should pick it up again.

Cool game but crafting your own army in the middle of battle was too much for my dumb rear end. Also combination weapon and phantom triangle.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Kazvall posted:

For one summer I'd fall asleep to the Wild Arms 2 in game screen saver by accident. Have a listen.

Isn't there a cutscene with a wolf running across a desert or something? I've never seen the screen saver thing before though and that is badass.

I used to trade games with friends during high school, and I played the poo poo out of this and Jade Cocoon over a weekend before having to trade back.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Jade Cocoon is one of those rpgs I keep meaning to beat and never do. Maybe one day. It has such great atmosphere.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Hogs of War
Tomb Raider 1-4
Soul Blade
Rage Racer
FF7/8/9
Time Crisis
3D Lemmings
Crash 2 & 3
Spyro
Abe’s Oddysee/Exoddus

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Destrega

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

kings field ftw

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
MY LIST

Bingus Boys
100+1 Beats to Fap To
Bing Bong Boys
Yeah Yeah Beebis I 3
Nikke Goddess of Victory

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

MY LIST

Bingus Boys
100+1 Beats to Fap To
Bing Bong Boys
Yeah Yeah Beebis I 3
Nikke Goddess of Victory

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Kazvall posted:

This should have been the PSX's default screensaver, in-game or not

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

MY LIST

Bingus Boys
100+1 Beats to Fap To
Bing Bong Boys
Yeah Yeah Beebis I 3
Nikke Goddess of Victory

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsZOTGc2osY

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Crisis beat
Dead ball zone

In my defence I was young

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

remember liking the single player/quest mode in Ehrgeiz but not sure if it would hold up

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Trap Gunner
FoxKids.com Micro Maniacs Racing

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
lack of brigandine disturbing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

insane anime posted:

lack of brigandine disturbing

This. Didn't even want to bring it up honestly was hoping someone else would. all the games recommended so far suck loving rear end lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
me and the homies

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Kazvall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq8EKttSu3I

the wild arms opening loving blew me away as one of the first playstation games we got

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Me, too. I played it at a buddies house and it's definitely part of the reason I wanted a playstation. I never got into rpgs on the genesis, not that it had a lot. The ps1 ushered in an Era of awesome as gently caress jrpgs in my life.

That Little Demon posted:

This. Didn't even want to bring it up honestly was hoping someone else would. all the games recommended so far suck loving rear end lmfao

Eating rear end is a gentleman's game.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the anime intros need to come back.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

reading this made me immediately get the opening song for Wild ARMs stuck in my head

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
PS1 was the golden age of vehicular combat

twisted metal 2
rogue trip
vigilante 8

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I don't know if the latest has it, but the Ys series always kept em around and they rule

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ape escape. bye

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

b_d posted:

ape escape. bye

Here, have a shot of it on my PVM. Ps3 component cables outputting 480p.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

*sigh* fine.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Here, have a shot of it on my PVM. Ps3 component cables outputting 480p.

nice uh.. thermostat. no wait, nice dead pixel!!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

you cant get dead pixels on a crt...

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

not with that attitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

nice uh.. thermostat. no wait, nice dead pixel!!!

You.. you.. actually made me look for a second. Shame on your family!!!!