Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh hearing those words makes me happy.

Because well, that's greyhunter.txt sometimes. (Looks in Distant Worlds, WITP, The Great War etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, some of these mission bonus goals are just sadistic aren't they?

Also, it seems like those e-troopers just chew through anything. Is there any reason not to replace your basic infantry with them when you get them?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

You lost the first time becuase you kept having your stragglers eaten while you focused on the bug nests. The goal is keeping at least 20 troops alive

Edit: I realized that came off more dickish than I intended. Sorry. What I saw was in the first attempt you had an entire rifle squad overrun, when you could have provided one or two squads ofncover fire. That snowballed into defeat

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 2, 2023

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Oh jeez, that maruader AoE self defense attack did more damage to your second marauder than the bugs did

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

New video comment: drat Scorpion bugs make me not want to play this game. It just seems like it makes it really un-fun. Massive wall of health, massive damage, long range and constant spawns.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Oh god, this mission seems like a total nightmare. At least you finally got that one hive dead.

ARe you gonna to try and get traffic control at all?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

That second mission was much easier and nicer that the first. I mean, there was still some bs (Scorpions on a limited force mission) but still seemed easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, I kept expecting the hammer to drop!

Like the swarm you had to stop at the end, was just drones really. Not big bugs, not even tigers. Just drones? Hell even one HMG woulda kept them at bay.

So, you realize next mission all you will have is radio officers, and every hive will deploy 8 scorpions