Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I still feel like the first Warriors Orochi game is the pinnacle of warriors games. It was goofy (mixing Chinese and Japanese epic warriors together despite them living several hundreds of years apart irl), along with the old ps2 era difficulty

Play a fresh Warriors Orochi game on normal and see what I mean lol. Nameless officers surround your rear end and combo you to death

Yeah wo1 was dw5/sw2 so you got a great roster. Letting you switch between 3 people mvc style was sick. I don't play the later ones but I liked reading who they added like Joan of arc lol.

I think when warriors games started letting you assign any weapon to anyone they started getting sucky. The novelty of giving fat guys the two qiao weapons wears off fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

mbt posted:

Yeah wo1 was dw5/sw2 so you got a great roster. Letting you switch between 3 people mvc style was sick. I don't play the later ones but I liked reading who they added like Joan of arc lol.

I think when warriors games started letting you assign any weapon to anyone they started getting sucky. The novelty of giving fat guys the two qiao weapons wears off fast.

yeah agreed. Though on the other hand giving him anything but his own weapon is the only way to make xu zhu fun to play

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

tmfc posted:

it has the best sounding version of the OST imo. or at the very least the best rendition of sagat's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITCriXMUKWw

yeah it's great. I've also never heard this part of the song before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITCriXMUKWw&t=78s

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Dark Cloud 2, got to play golf and fish when not doing time travel landscaping. Then you got to breed and race those fish

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

To answer the OP I'd have to say Omori. I'm not the biggest Earthbound fan to begin with, so an indie darling strongly influenced by it would not be something I'd expect to like, but I loved it. The story was awesome and told in such a way that hooks itself into you and keeps you going. I beat it last October and I still think about it sometimes. Amazing game

it owns. the art and soundtrack are awesome, still think about it since beating it last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFwkKTITYKA

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

welcome posted:

La Mulana. I always thought I was too dumb for it and I am but I spent like a solid month just thinking about it all the time.

yeah

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bioshock 1 might be my favorite game of all time. i absolutely get the 2deep4u criticism but i managed to go into it nearly totally blind which is an impressive feat for 2020 and helped a lot, but it was also the game that got me back into single-player stuff after mostly just playing CSGO and Payday 2 and poo poo since high school and i gotta respect it for that.

i also really love Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling and it shocks me i dont hear more about it since it's pretty much a Paper Mario clone but with a lot more to do and some dope quality of life improvements. i think it was only made by like two guys in Panama too which floors me considering the quality

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

symbolic posted:

Bioshock 1 might be my favorite game of all time. i absolutely get the 2deep4u criticism but i managed to go into it nearly totally blind which is an impressive feat for 2020 and helped a lot, but it was also the game that got me back into single-player stuff after mostly just playing CSGO and Payday 2 and poo poo since high school and i gotta respect it for that.

i also really love Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling and it shocks me i dont hear more about it since it's pretty much a Paper Mario clone but with a lot more to do and some dope quality of life improvements. i think it was only made by like two guys in Panama too which floors me considering the quality

Bruh.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i know

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

symbolic posted:

i am morally obligated to ask if you’ve played system shock 2

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

1 and 2 for me are Vampire Survivors and it’s spiritual successor, Halls of Torment, available now for 4.99 on Steam.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

symbolic posted:

All games are beautiful

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

All games are beautiful

Street Fighter V was best described by the FGC as “unsightly” at the very best moments. Magneto screaming wrong. Vocaroo of me sighing and saying sure thing dude.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Street Fighter V was best described by the FGC as “unsightly” at the very best moments. Magneto screaming wrong. Vocaroo of me sighing and saying sure thing dude.

I read and understood this

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

that's alright we're all friends here. *pulls out phone and accidentally texts you* 'stupid rear end said bioshock lol'

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

that's alright we're all friends here. *pulls out phone and accidentally texts you* 'stupid rear end said bioshock lol'

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Food is probably my number 1 thing to eat of all time. I've been eating hair and turds since high school.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Godfather 1 really got me back in to single viewer movies, I had just been watching stuff at theaters the last couple years. Yeah it might be filmbro-ish of me to say, but it meant a lot to me.

Another movie I got really into was James and the Giant Peach 3, direct to video sequel of the original with some fairly chill vibes.

----------------

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Food is probably my number 1 thing to eat of all time. I've been eating hair and turds since high school.

lmao

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Dhalsim, his arms wide. Bison when the walls fell.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
dhalsims arms are long

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah dude bioshock 1 is great, ever hear of bioshock infinite???? stupid rear end bitch, gently caress you

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

mycophobia posted:

dhalsims arms are long

only sometimes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They are never wide. Topic locked.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Wormskull posted:

They are never wide. Topic locked.

topic unlocked. be more open to others opinions. Last warning.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

He's right, though. I can't actually think of a moment in which he has made his arms wide rather than long.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I bet he could if he wanted too.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He has only been documented to extraordinarily inflate his cheeks and stomach, but never his arms or any other limb. The lore is settled.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Fatal Frame 1 for sure. 2 is a better game but 1 has imo a more memorable line up of ghosts with unique gimmicks. One of the coolest takes on the classic resident evil formula and probably one of the most dread inducing games ever made. I really wish that the original trilogy recieves a port at some point.

Golden Sun: I snuck my gba to school to play this. I haven't played it through or at all in a while so im.not sure how the original holds up but this was definitely one of my favorite jrpgs at one time

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
He would make his arms wide if he needed to create some kind of impromptu sailing mast. The need has simply never arisen

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

He would make his arms wide if he needed to create some kind of impromptu sailing mast. The need has simply never arisen

He floats and controls his wind resistance through pure yoga.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wormskull posted:

He floats and controls his wind resistance through pure yoga.

What if he was on some kind of boat and needed to save the crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

He can only stretch his limbs longways and not shortways. Maybe if he stretched them really long and then bent em all together to form some sort of fuselage? And then he could use his inflated cheeks to push air and travel on a jet stream.