Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pontificating rear end posted:

Yes let's relish in ruining childrens' lives to as a proxy to ruining grimes' life- for her crimes against humanity

now you’re getting the idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

it's not grimes' fault she joined Elon's weird techno-ubermensch eugenics cult, had a bunch of IVF and surrogate babies, and now can't get out

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Yes let's relish in ruining childrens' lives to as a proxy to ruining grimes' life, for her crimes against humanity

Exactly!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

i just don't care about the personal lives of musicians. many of them are true idiots when you pay too much attention and that's okay because their job in my life is to make good music i like. and the ones who aren't idiots don't necessarily make good music because they're smart.

but i'm somebody who doesn't really care about lyrics at all most of the time. it's just about the feeling.

that's also why i don't like talking about music very much unless it's just agreement, because you either feel a thing or you don't.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I saw her once in about 2015 at the U St Music Hall in DC and it was a good time and she put on a good set, at the time she'd said some sort of reasonable things about tinnitus and I appreciated that. I bought whatever her album was on vinyl at that show.

pretty interesting how much my opinion of her has changed; she fell off my radar entirely after that and when she came back on it, nothing to do with IDM

it seems like maybe she is just an unhappy person with a tenuous grip on reality who has been made more unhappy and unrealistic by probably incessant use of lysergides, tryptamines and phentylamines?

she's still smarter than lonnie but that's fish in a barrel

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

roomtone posted:

i just don't care about the personal lives of musicians. many of them are true idiots when you pay too much attention and that's okay because their job in my life is to make good music i like. and the ones who aren't idiots don't necessarily make good music because they're smart.

but i'm somebody who doesn't really care about lyrics at all most of the time. it's just about the feeling.

that's also why i don't like talking about music very much unless it's just agreement, because you either feel a thing or you don't.

:hmmyes: I like this post and agree except I do like conversations about music where I don't agree about the feeling. Not, like, "clearly there's something wrong with you if you react that way", but, like, "wow this song makes you really happy and it actively makes me angry, that's interesting to me, can we dig into where these reactions come from?"

of course it's only useful to have conversations like this with friends but who talks about music or anything else with rando shitheads? (do not look at my posting history! I AM NOT A RANDO SHITHEAD I SWEAR)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

roomtone posted:

elevating performers to this mythical level filled with riches wealth and power is so fuckin stupid

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i can't stand her music and the only reason i give a gently caress about her is because she actively tries to throw herself in front of every bullet elon shoots at himself because He'S oN tHe SpEcTrUm, He'S mIsUnDeRsToOd

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

500excf type r posted:

elevating performers to this mythical level filled with riches wealth and power is so fuckin stupid

that isn't what i'm saying at all though. most of the music i listen to isn't made by people like grimes who are very rich and connected, it's made by people who probably don't make a lot of money but i couldn't even tell you the individual band members names half the time so i don't really know.

my point isn't that they're beyond reproach, it's that their personalities are irrelevant to the music, because it speaks for itself. so, i think grimes has a bunch of really good songs regardless of anything else about her and i don't think about elon's musky penis or whatever is pissing people off so much about her when i'm listening to them. is she a tiring person IRL who has made some weird mistakes? dunno, probably by the sounds of it. who gives a poo poo.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

grimes against humanity

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

MrQwerty posted:

She deleted a bunch of frantic tweets the other day about how she hasn't seen her children since Elon showed up to stalk her on stage in Japan and he's effectively kidnapping their children.

To reiterate, I said "Musk aside" - I can't be too mad at rich kids who go off to make (sometimes silly, sometimes bad) art and cosplay as a cyber-princess while making beepy-boops, because that sounds chill and fun, or at least until you run into your first sociopathic billionaire.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

roomtone posted:

that isn't what i'm saying at all though. most of the music i listen to isn't made by people like grimes who are very rich and connected, it's made by people who probably don't make a lot of money but i couldn't even tell you the individual band members names half the time so i don't really know.

my point isn't that they're beyond reproach, it's that their personalities are irrelevant to the music, because it speaks for itself. so, i think grimes has a bunch of really good songs regardless of anything else about her and i don't think about elon's musky penis or whatever is pissing people off so much about her when i'm listening to them. is she a tiring person IRL who has made some weird mistakes? dunno, probably by the sounds of it. who gives a poo poo.

uhh no poo poo. People that are good at making music are good at making music, outside of making music, who gives a poo poo about their opinions or beliefs. Elevating them to this god like status where theyre allowed to just permeate everything is stupid.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Yes let's relish in ruining childrens' lives to as a proxy to ruining grimes' life, for her crimes against humanity

She is also responsible for ruining these kids' lives and the whole thing is a drat Shakespearean tragedy where her hubris is huge part of what got her here. It's not fun to watch the other shoe drop that we all knew was coming and that she was repeatedly wanted about. Instead she chose to believe she saw something special in Elon, because it served her ego and allowed her to indulge in the idea that she herself can perceive his greatness on a higher level than the rest of humanity, that we just don't get it, but she does.

It is really unfortunate she chose to 'gently caress around' in regards to that and that the kids are the ones 'finding out', and it's also just so very 'rich person who is having first Big Consequences' and it's infuriating it's happening with children involved.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 11, 2023

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

MrQwerty posted:

i can't stand her music and the only reason i give a gently caress about her is because she actively tries to throw herself in front of every bullet elon shoots at himself because He'S oN tHe SpEcTrUm, He'S mIsUnDeRsToOd

Yes, hating her because of a furious hatred of elon is a running theme in this thread. She doesnt even defend the guy. Yall are terminally online

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
She doesn't anymore but she absolutely went through an 'I know you aren't really like this babe :smith:' phase, asking him to turn off his phone bc she knows his 'true heart' isn't like this while everyone was like god dammit Grimes, believe him when he says loudly who he is.

EDIT: To be clear, I am not saying she deserves abuse - no one does. But that what allowed him to prey on her, wasn't by breaking her down, but by playing into her delusions of grandeur. This same egotistical hubris that allowed her to believe she was too smart or special to ever find herself with an abuser up until she was with one, such that she publicly denied it for a while. And she pulled her kids through that journey right along with her, and so yes that's something that may one day be a reckoning for them when they're adults who have to get their own therapy.

I can say from experience: you can understand and even forgive your mom for being with an abusive man, but you can also absolutely hold her responsible for choosing to have a life partner who was continually hurting all of you and remaining far longer than one should in circumstances where your kids are being constantly exposed to an aggressive, cruel man.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 11, 2023

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

500excf type r posted:

uhh no poo poo. People that are good at making music are good at making music, outside of making music, who gives a poo poo about their opinions or beliefs. Elevating them to this god like status where theyre allowed to just permeate everything is stupid.

oh i thought you were misunderstanding me nevermind

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i can dislike grimes perfectly well without taking the musk stuff into account thank you very much

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Alright, the situation may be more complicated?

https://twitter.com/AJDelgado13/status/1701036584437494218?t=RPuIBbNPWzYzMk5LYmscXw&s=19

quote:

Finally figured it out (after all reading Grimes's update an hour ago). The two baby mamas haven't been getting along (the truce an hour ago won't last). Seems to be more due to Grimes, whose earlier tweet indicates she feels she is entitled to information about "the twins" (Musk's kids with Shivon) (she complained she gets none and that the media-released pictures were the first time she's even seen what they look like). Also seems to have been accusing Musk of not letting her see her son (Facetime maybe?) -- I'm guessing Musk has the son (X) with him while visiting Shivon and the "twins." (Grimes didn't like that.). She also admitted earlier that she wasn't cool with the 'he had kids with Shivon' thing, when she said that Shivon's-kids' news ripped her family apart. (What's odd is I don't even think Musk had a romantic or sexual relationship with Shivon - I believe it was just IVF as transactional thing.)
Messy, messy. But all too human. :(
Anyway, dude needs to stop. He has enough baby mamas.

Sounds messy af

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Although the simpsons was already pretty dead an unfunny by the point they did this, adding in the son of crimes was a real weird move.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

It's a good thing those kids have a rich dad bc their therapy is gonna cost $$$$$

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I like how she's still at zero good songs ever. You think one wouldn't be hard.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
They did a study and Brimful of Asha is still better than any of Grimes output (including children).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM7H0ooV_o8

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

kntfkr posted:

They did a study and Brimful of Asha is still better than any of Grimes output (including children).

gently caress you for mentioning this song it's only 11am and now I'm in for a good six hours of this playing in my head.

You know what gently caress it you brought a knife to a gun fight:

BABY SHARK DOO DOO DO DOO

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i can dislike grimes perfectly well without taking the musk stuff into account thank you very much

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Sounds messy af

"What's busted as gently caress when POC/Poors do it but Yas girl Slay when rich white people do it?"

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I can say from experience: you can understand and even forgive your mom for being with an abusive man, but you can also absolutely hold her responsible for choosing to have a life partner who was continually hurting all of you and remaining far longer than one should in circumstances where your kids are being constantly exposed to an aggressive, cruel man.

hey man don’t bring my childhood into this

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

"What's busted as gently caress when POC/Poors do it but Yas girl Slay when rich white people do it?"

:amen:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

kntfkr posted:

That's not a fair standard to hold any artist to!

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

It's a good thing those kids have a rich dad bc their therapy is gonna cost $$$$$

he ain't paying for poo poo

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

a bloo bloo bloo the rich stupid rear end in a top hat I met treats everyone like property bloo bloo bloo better have a few more of his kids

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

This actually hurt my head to read and I gave up

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

' Grimes "was “upset” when Musk photographed her as she was having a C-section and sent the image to their friends and family without her knowledge.

Grimes, 35, revisited this moment with journalist Walter Isaacson, whose new biography about the controversial Tesla mogul titled Musk [was] released [in September].

“He was just clueless about why I’d be upset,” Grimes told Isaacson of the photo, which was also sent to her father and brothers.'
https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...5a1fa172edb8dc2

Holy poo poo.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

He'S jUsT mIsUnDeRsToOd

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just walking around in jorts with his phone out in the operating theatre

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

how are ya’ll feeling about looking like a bunch of fools up in this thread?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

I appreciate the "Brimful of Ashra" reference

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dick Fontaine posted:

You're just jealous.

Meanwhile, in Grimes news, Grimes is voicing the conversational AI in a new line of plush toys! Your children (and you) will be able to hug and chat with AI Grimes!

https://www.theverge.com/2023/12/14/24001895/grimes-curio-ai-toy-grok-pre-order

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lol she made an AI toy so she doesn't have to pay attention to her kids and then her ex passive-aggressively stole the toy's name and slapped it on an instance of chatgpt that's supposed to say the n-word (it does not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1741465842896994799?t=bRNN0QOwARIrdSg-YPFYng&s=19

quote:

I'm called a Nazi because I happily am proud of white culture. But every day I think fondly of the brown king Cyrus the Great who invented the first ever empire, and the Japanese icon Murasaki Shikibu who wrote the first novel ever. What if humans just loved each other? History teaches us that we have all been, and always will be - great