Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

I did, what now clown?

congratulations, for knowing a pop star, you get one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

MrQwerty posted:

Grimes is dumb as a box of rocks laced with lead powder burning leaded gas and diesel

and a billion times more talented than I am!

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

"oblivion" is a very good song but I think knowing her would be exhausting.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

atr

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

art

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Legally of someone here is Grimes, they'd have to tell that they are. It's the law

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Grimes is just trying to be Yoko Ono for art club/theatre dweebs.

If she's doing a bit then Lady Gaga already did it better and with a purpose.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This was cool, thank you

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

congratulations, for knowing a pop star, you get one!

Seems someone is a little peeved I disproved their assumption.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sure why not?

https://youtu.be/pZ9iHDLmQxA

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Anybody who slept with, and subsequently had a child with, Elon musk cannot be that intelligent.

I mean she's already got money that's the only reason I can think of to do that

I like bjork more but grimes is p meh

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Anybody who slept with, and subsequently had a child with, Elon musk cannot be that intelligent.

I mean she's already got money that's the only reason I can think of to do that

I like bjork more but grimes is p meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99nPVXWtPc

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ah she really is like elon but instead of cars its noise

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
I think she's pretty interesting, I remember her referring to "Grimes" as an art project that she kinda just does whatever she wants with. Sometimes that's making synth pop, sometimes that's directing, sometimes that's saying weird poo poo to the media and pretending she's an alien.

Dunno why ppl are saying she was a nobody until Musk, she played Glastonbury in 2016.

She's always been pretty out there though, IIRC before she made it big she tried to float down the Mississippi on a home made boat with some chickens but got in trouble with the cops and washed up on an island.

Anywho, like anyone she's capable of doing dumb poo poo like having a kid with Elon and giving it a stupid name, but she also seems to have broken his brain which is pretty cool too.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Szechwan posted:

She's always been pretty out there though, IIRC before she made it big she tried to float down the Mississippi on a home made boat with some chickens but got in trouble with the cops and washed up on an island.

That's really selling the whole, "the boat got seized because if they continued any further they would have been turned into paste," thing short

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Yeah I dunno it was years ago I read it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I mostly know about her from the river houseboat days

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
she was pure, distilled trust fund hipster essence

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
As far as the Elon stuff goes, she was the only person in his life to call him out on his behavior, as far as I know

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
anime av?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

After listening to a Grimes album my metamorphosis is complete. I am now in the search for my own manic pixie dream girl.

You did this,goons

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I'm not sure I can care very much about someone with such poor judgment.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
where the gently caress is the Grimace thread

claiming this poo poo, I'm getting my due

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
It's hard to have a positive opinion of someone that names their kid "X Æ A-Xii"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

didnt she marry that guy who i own a few (3) stocks???

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Torquemada posted:

I'm not sure I can care very much about someone with such poor judgment.

Fair. I brought this upon myself and fell into her discordant web of weirdness

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ME: " Check out this talented artist and musician"

GBS BOYS: "I disapprove of her choices in marriage, she must be stupid"

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

She didn't even marry him, they dated for a bit and then she dumped him for Chelsea Manning after he wouldn't stop being a bigoted shithead on twitter.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Poohs Packin posted:

there is a song i like from a playlist that spotify recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY

and it was downloaded and i listened to it skiing in WHISTLER and it was pretty frickin cool

also shes from vancouver, thats almost where im from

edit: im gonna listen to it again, just to be sure, yep its cool song

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 22, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I saw Grimes at a festival headlined by Kanye (we were there to see Metric and Flobots) around 2014-2015, before the Musk stuff, and before I knew anything about her. So its an unbiased opinion.

Buddy and I loved her live show, she's super entertaining and engages a lot with the audience. We looked up her recorded stuff later and basically went "meh".

That's my Grimes story!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

That's the difference between "I remember seeing them when it came up on an internet forum" and "THAT SHOW..."

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Poohs Packin posted:

Nah there's something about loving a truly awful person that makes you culpable too

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Theres also something to be said about the power imbalance between a young musician and the richest man in the world that needs to be accounted for

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I think I just appreciate grimes through the lens of electronic music and especially as a woman in dance and electronic.

Techno has always been an outsider genre (less so in the past 10 years), and it's mascots were typically men.

Theres a new wave of incredibly good female techno artists and I feel like she (in part) paved a way for weird chicks who like bleep bloops in a scene that's a serious boys club.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Strategic Tea posted:

Nah there's something about loving a truly awful person that makes you culpable too

Instead of saying this you couldve just posted a picture of grimes looking weird or something and we could have fun.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no one ever heard of her before she married Elon.
She wasn't a big time star

These here forums could not stop talking about her and that girl from that 'churcves' band or whatever, that makes the same sort agressively boring 90s store music.

The interest faded after the marriage with muskyboy. Probably for the best.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pajser posted:

These here forums could not stop talking about her and that girl from that 'churcves' band or whatever, that makes the same sort agressively boring 90s store music.

its spelled CVRVRVS

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pajser posted:

honestly the idea that some goon has never heard of a dance/electronic artist for young people until they married one of the most famous people on the planet isnt that wild.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
hey guys have you heard of breakcore?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Poohs Packin posted:

honestly the idea that some goon has never heard of a dance/electronic artist for young people until they married one of the most famous people on the planet isnt that wild.

Maybe. Although there def werent as many in depth discussions about her after the marriage.