Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MrQwerty posted:

She was pregnant with X but who knows, dude loves his IVF because, like his dad, he's running a weird quiverfull techno-eugenics cult in his personal life

So they have one legitimate child and now she's complaining she won't let them see kids she didn't even give birth to? Embarrassing. I'd be like welp, see ya later shitlord. Keep paying for your one actual kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Olympic Mathlete posted:

So they have one legitimate child and now she's complaining she won't let them see kids she didn't even give birth to? Embarrassing. I'd be like welp, see ya later shitlord. Keep paying for your one actual kid.

Look, they're weird and dumb but I can't even begin to point out the things wrong with this post.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

i'm not crazy about that recent song i wanna be software, it's okay, but i've been listening to miss anthropocene a lot since this thread and i like it a lot. hopefully she's got a new one coming out soon.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Thread title makes me hear this song with Grimes instead of Grind

https://youtu.be/3pwjiHyKVNg?si=YH9rSm9MBY3Lod6n

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

roomtone posted:

i'm not crazy about that recent song i wanna be software, it's okay, but i've been listening to miss anthropocene a lot since this thread and i like it a lot. hopefully she's got a new one coming out soon.

I kind of like it but here 2 songs that are better and are kind of the same style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5lLFS6bT-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EKUSdfVhyU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i liked that album grimes put out in the early 2010s, it was genuinely great

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Collapsing Farts posted:

Whats a grimes??

Welcome, Grimes, and good news: You can read about yourself in this very thread, starting on page 1!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Poohs Packin posted:

This is a thread about Grimes:

Her "about the artist" on Spotify reads:

Grimes started producing music when she had to learn the program Logic for her neuroscience class. Shortly thereafter she had a viral myspace page, which allowed her to start booking shows and focus full-time on music. She lived in a crack den In Montreal with no heat (where she got frostbite twice and her neighbor was bludgeoned to death in the hallway), playing raves until her 2012 breakout, Visions, which was recorded during a 2 week speed binge wherein she did not leave her bedroom. Upon the success of this album, Grimes attempted to enter society as a regular human, which has clearly not gone super well but has nonetheless been entertaining. She’s since become an award winning music video director as well as music composer, producer, engineer and singer-songwriter. She’s toured globally to sold out crowds, headlined festivals, and is now moving into the space of corporate surrealism. She recently had experimental eye surgery only available to the upper class. She put out her final earth album in 2020.

Grimes is an electronic musician and visual artist from Canada who has made some really dope tunes over the years. She's had some massive hits but has also collaborated with really cool more esoteric techno and electronic music artists.

Here are a couple of her hits:

Genesis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY

Oblivion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5H-YlcMSbc

In recent years she's collaborated with heavier and darker electronic artists with great results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz_Zxd-iIdI

Oh and her first album was called "Giedi Primes" and was based on Dune. Its okay.

She's also super goony and a genuine weirdo which is pretty awesome. It's always fun when some self taught basement dweller gets thrust into the public light. Here are a few notable instances of her being weird, and possibly trolling.

Grimes has a son named "X Æ A-XII" with Elon Musk. Apparently Ol' Musky thought that she was a "simulation" created by his mind, which is incredibly on brand and hilarious. Obviously they didnt work out.

Grimes likes to keep fit:

She claimed she got experimental eye surgery, which scientists immediately de-bunked:

https://www.stereogum.com/2051274/wait-hold-on-grimes-got-part-of-her-eyes-removed-so-that-she-cant-see-blue-light/news/

"I have also eliminated all blue light from my vision through an experimental surgery that removes the top film of my eyeball and replaces it with an orange ultra-flex polymer that my friend and I made in the lab this past winter as a means to cure seasonal depression."

I'm pretty much convinced she's in part pulling an Andy Kaufman on everyone with claims like this, but its all on brand for her future and alien obsessed image.

Anyways I like Grimes and you can use this thread to post about weird poo poo Grimes has done and said over the years and maybe talk about her music also if you want.

I thought Astro glide was anal lube

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

it's weird she has a song called 'my name is dark' when her name is grimes

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I thought this was about the character Frank Grimes from The Simpsons, and I am disappointed. Also this lady seems like a compulsive liar.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Grimes is bad and has always been bad. Just another rich kid that adopted a crunchy hippie aesthetic to cover up her own privilege (no wonder pitchfork loves her)

quote:

...attended Catholic school.[14][15] Her mother, Sandy Garossino, is a former Crown prosecutor and arts advocate;[16] her father, Maurice Boucher, a former banker, works "in the business side of biotech".

anyway here's a 2009 news article about her boat:
https://www.startribune.com/this-boat-don-t-float/49134952/?refresh=true

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Modulo16 posted:

I thought this was about the character Frank Grimes from The Simpsons, and I am disappointed. Also this lady seems like a compulsive liar.

yeah mental illness owns

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Lol IVF with a surrogate "mah kids!!!"

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

redshirt posted:

Good old Grimey.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Grimes kinda seems dumber than a box of really stupid rocks

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

who cares she makes cool music. like really who gives a poo poo

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

git apologist posted:

Probably the people that her eugenics worshipping billionaire ex(?) husband repeatedly makes wink wink nudge nudge jokes about wiping out, while she bravely stands up to say "he's misunderstood, he's really smart, just listen to him!"

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ProperCoochie posted:

Probably the people that her eugenics worshipping billionaire ex(?) husband repeatedly makes wink wink nudge nudge jokes about wiping out, while she bravely stands up to say "he's misunderstood, he's really smart, just listen to him!"

yeah

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Associating with Musk aside, I absolutely would gently caress around with swords and synthesisers and watch cyberpunk anime and get shitfaced on a boat if I were rich enough not to care. She's living the dream.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Disco Pope posted:

Associating with Musk aside, I absolutely would gently caress around with swords and synthesisers and watch cyberpunk anime and get shitfaced on a boat if I were rich enough not to care. She's living the dream.

She has at least three of Musk's children. She must be miserable.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Disco Pope posted:

She can't even put on a concert without her ex flying his private jet into town so he can get up on stage, stop her show dead and very publicly stalk her

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

MrQwerty posted:

She can't even put on a concert without her ex flying his private jet into town so he can get up on stage, stop her show dead and very publicly stalk her

This footage is really gross.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Poohs Packin posted:

This footage is really gross.

: Any footage featuring Elon

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

MrQwerty posted:

Did this seriously happen?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

ProperCoochie posted:

Hedging her stupidity with her marriage to Musk is kind of a fallacy IMO because it takes away her agency by the suggestion that he 'made' her dumb; she was plenty stupid on her own well before she huffed that racist dipshit's hog. Evidenced in her river boat story, her experience eating nothing but pasta with butter until her doctor told her she was going to die, and her absolutely pedestrian garbage pop music, she's always been a class-A moron whose fame was bought and paid for by her rich parents. gently caress Grimes, she'll never be as influential or original as Bjork, which is clearly what she's always been chasing.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

git apologist posted:

Also her music sucks a fat one on top of all the reasons you were just told

Like listen to this garbage what are you saying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGwmFIphNcg

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Nah, Visions was good.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yeule is the better Grimes

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Konar posted:

Like listen to this garbage what are you saying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGwmFIphNcg

good

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
gwar name rear end kids

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bobcats posted:

gwar name rear end kids

GWAR is your spirit animal.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Konar posted:

My ex wife liked her music from around the time o fart angles anc was really happy when she married the dumb boer, and this could turn into a long rant about how race is a social construct and being around her and her family and other “white” people makes me feel physical pain, but I’m gonna leave it there. Also that one song violence is good, tbh I can’t think of another one.

BUT THIS SOMG
this album was dropped right at the beginning of the pandemic and I could just bet money that elom and a bunch of other people knew about the shutdown a long time before it happened. Like 3 months into 2019 people with connections to china knew how bad it was gonna be. I was hearing about it in November and I’m just some rear end in a top hat on the internet ( also by January I still didn’t see the hype and was making doorknob licking jokes so I’m dumb )

This album is supposed to be about dark faries being representative of ecological disaster so I’m told by my ex wife, and this song was written after the boer called her excitedly to tell her about Covid a year early.

Is this plausible enough for some sort of conspiracy grift? I hear those are really popular right now.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

A Strange Aeon posted:

Did this seriously happen?

in Japan, even

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yes. She’s supposedly very rich on her own now because of all the nft and crypto scams she got in early on.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

ProperCoochie posted:

Grimes is bad and has always been bad. Just another rich kid that adopted a crunchy hippie aesthetic to cover up her own privilege (no wonder pitchfork loves her)

anyway here's a 2009 news article about her boat:
https://www.startribune.com/this-boat-don-t-float/49134952/?refresh=true

I hear ya, but, as somebody said, she is living the dream. To be able to pursue all your childish/naive aspirations without worrying about money is something we all want, really. I have a hard time condemning this woman for anything; Elon just played her.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pontificating rear end posted:

I have a hard time condemning this woman for anything; Elon just played her.

You can have some of my condemnation if you'd like, cause you need some at least

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Pontificating rear end posted:

I hear ya, but, as somebody said, she is living the dream.

She deleted a bunch of frantic tweets the other day about how she hasn't seen her children since Elon showed up to stalk her on stage in Japan and he's effectively kidnapping their children.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Konar posted:

You can have some of my condemnation if you'd like, cause you need some at least

If grimes is whom we take the pitchforks out for, then im staying at home

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

MrQwerty posted:

She deleted a bunch of frantic tweets the other day about how she hasn't seen her children since Elon showed up to stalk her on stage in Japan and he's effectively kidnapping their children.

Good. I hope she's deeply unhappy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

kntfkr posted:

Good. I hope she's deeply unhappy.

Yes let's relish in ruining childrens' lives to as a proxy to ruining grimes' life, for her crimes against humanity