Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

sarcastx posted:

cheers, yeah, my challenge is that I gotta work out a way to get these checked out remotely as I won't be able to inspect them in person. If you got any suggestions on that I'm all ears!
I'm from Australia originally but I live in the US now, plan is to buy a VU, leave it with family to get its inevitable problems addressed, and then ship it up once it hits 25 years old

There's a couple of companies that pretend to make legal Utes, if you supply the Australian variant. They basically chop up both a G8 and Holden, swap the G8 firewall and systems (seat belts, interior, airbags, ABS, engine management, cluster, etc), and you title it as a kit car. Or since it still retains the G8 VIN in most spots, depending on the state, it gets registered as a G8 (that's fun if you get pulled over). Even converted to LHD. Also it's something like $50k...

There were some real shady people who would basically swap the VIN tags to turn them into a "Pontiac" and not do much else, I'm assuming that got shut down real quick though - I can't find any current info on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU