Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My team (Pistons) was the reverse, got no top 5 votes but the sim basically liked what I was doing. Honestly 2nd in the East but bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs is probably the best outcome possible without pushing the bounds of reality too far, and if you get that finish from a team built around a couple of guys in LaMelo and Cade who are still 21-years-old for a little longer, you feel pretty good heading into next year. I think I got an assist from sim Sochan exploding into a DPOY player, that's pretty optimistic for now even if he has the size and tools to get there eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Fast Luck posted:

My team (Pistons) was the reverse, got no top 5 votes but the sim basically liked what I was doing. Honestly 2nd in the East but bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs is probably the best outcome possible without pushing the bounds of reality too far, and if you get that finish from a team built around a couple of guys in LaMelo and Cade who are still 21-years-old for a little longer, you feel pretty good heading into next year. I think I got an assist from sim Sochan exploding into a DPOY player, that's pretty optimistic for now even if he has the size and tools to get there eventually.

Yeah I could see that team taking some leaps, the weird thing was that it apparently did so by becoming a defensive powerhouse. The sim doesn’t seem to have much pace variance so having the lowest points against is probably a decent proxy and by that measure it had you as the best defense in the league

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The sim absolutely hates Ant and Slo Mo so I'm honestly ok with where it shook out for my team. Zach being an absolute stud made me happy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

it's been fun yall, thanks DBD and everyone for playing! thanks Giggs too for the cool sheet.

Now to go conspicuously silent unless one of my guys has a breakout year in which case I will obnoxiously bump the thread.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

We don’t know, that Sixers team is old. Maybe this is the year Lebron falls off a cliff.

On a cursory look at the results, it does seem like the sim applied off season progressions/regressions, which means (on average) young players get better and old players get worse. LeBron probably didn’t fair well.

E: also I think the sixers guy maxed the play time of his starting line up too? Older player generally hand their endurance degrade before their skills and the endurance stat determines how long they can play before they suck.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 18, 2023

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
this is a specifically for DBD thing, in BBGM if you go League -> History in the left panel, then click on the year, you get a handy Season Summary like this

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'm not ready for MVP Candidate Colton

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lockback posted:

I'm not ready for MVP Candidate Colton

2071 is a scary time. Expecting big things from Chaz Byrd.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
This year felt pretty wild. Thanks a bunch dbd for the fun!

I blame draymond for my team failing to make it to the second round.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Thank you for your service DBD

Now if you could kindly paste my team stats please and thank you

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
I’m glad the suns at least made the playoffs, there was a lot of parity this year.

Also we got Ayton his first all-star appearance :unsmith:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Activia posted:

I’m glad the suns at least made the playoffs, there was a lot of parity this year.

Also we got Ayton his first all-star appearance :unsmith:

We got first in what counts my dude. I think your team is more talented but also their mental is bad so I would win

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

That is true, my silly team won the respect of my fellow gms

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Drunk Canuck posted:

Thank you for your service DBD

Now if you could kindly paste my team stats please and thank you
Yeah this would be fun to see at some point

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Not going to post every team's stats bc that is too time consuming but if are interested in your team's you can PM me and I'll get to it over the next few days

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

After last year I got obsessed with the sim for a while. I won 18 championships in a hundred years which I think is a pretty good record.

My favorite players included 6’0” Congolese PG Dikembe Mutombo, whose rating was not elite but would go nuts in the playoffs and led to our first title.

And all time great 6’10” Italian PF Lamar Carbone, who won us six straight titles and was still contributing in his late thirties. I dubbed him Italian Tim Duncan.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Not going to post every team's stats bc that is too time consuming but if are interested in your team's you can PM me and I'll get to it over the next few days

Could you post the overall advanced team ratings? With team TS%, oRTG, dRTG, pace etc.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Jump King posted:

E: also I think the sixers guy maxed the play time of his starting line up too? Older player generally hand their endurance degrade before their skills and the endurance stat determines how long they can play before they suck.

Yeah I put Barrett and Grimes at ++ just because they had some crazy top-5 in the league endurance. I doubt it did much overall but it was neat to see that there were ways for a GM running it game by game to give older guys like Conley and Tucker their minutes while giving the bulk to dudes with bigger tanks.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Does anyone else know how to use the sim? Maybe DBD can export his league and someone else can have some fun with it.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
#8 seed, I'll take it

BYOGM delivers in spades again. Big thanks to DBD and Giggs for their tireless efforts, most excellent. And thanks all for the hype post love

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

rivetz posted:

#8 seed, I'll take it

BYOGM delivers in spades again. Big thanks to DBD and Giggs for their tireless efforts, most excellent. And thanks all for the hype post love

DBD didn't use my quote, (like most things I say, it was boring and overly wordy) but the thing that pushed you over the edge for me wasn't the gimmick, but it was that you made parts of it really, really easy to read with your depth chart and the chart you posted for Devin Vassell.

You too, Giggs. I regret not thanking you for your work earlier. It would be difficult to keep track of things without that organization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DBD used my quote for rivetz (and also Lockback, actually) and I stand by it :v: