Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Brutal analysis from DBD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
East is a bloodbath already jesus

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Oh god I think I made the same mistake with my lineups. These guys are supposed to be elite athletes!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

What the gently caress

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

13th place in the Eastern Conference is... Lockback's 31-51 Milwaukee Bucks!

Reporter comment: "Look, they're all headcases. Absolute wackos. All of them. It also doesn't help that there's maybe 1 good shooter on the team in the modern NBA. It's just not going to cut it, especially with how tough this conference is."

13th place in the Western Conference is... Red Rox's 32-50 Los Angeles Clippers!

Insider comment: "He was a bit cocky. He sent the playoff rotation to the commish.. and didn't make the playoffs."

Scout comment: "I'm actually not too sure why they were as bad as they were, but their guys put up good stats. Same pattern, bench wasn't great. Their starting lineup is all 26 and younger, which is still quite young, as well as Barnes and Green who haven't quite come into their own as finished products yet in the NBA. I think this is a team to look out for in the coming years."

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Philly in bedlam! Lebron wants out! Euphonious devastated after Kawhi hit that shot. Chaos!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Two teams having "bench was too short / wasn't great" as comments is giving me unjustified hope the Thunder did alright (i.e. 42+ wins).

knocks on wood

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

12th place in the Eastern Conference is... Chronicles' 32-50 Brooklyn Nets!

Scout comment: "They did what they could with this roster. Amen played pretty drat well, so did Clax and Bey. There's something here for the future."

Reporter comment: "Booker had to do a lot of heavy lifting. The other teams just had more firepower. Their GM was interesting. Some brilliant moves, some head scratchers, but he has that sort of personality that makes you want to see what he has in store for the future."

12th place in the Western Conference is... Mr. F's 36-46 Portland Trail Blazers!

Reporter comment: "These guys could really score. They were at the bottom of their division in record yet had the most PPG.. just had zero interest in any defense. Their GM also had an interesting strategy with some overpays. If he cleans that up, there was some real potential here. Coby White blossomed here almost averaging 20 points, while Harden had 25 and Klay had almost 20 as well."

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Haha yeah so I’m fine with a bench of Bones Hyland and Tre Mann right

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
How the gently caress did the Sixers do that bad

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

loving the commentary

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

kingcobweb posted:

Haha yeah so I’m fine with a bench of Bones Hyland and Tre Mann right

I feel like the sim could have Bones end up being like the 6MOY or something.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

11th place in the Eastern Conference is... Blind Pineapple's 32-50 Atlanta Hawks!

Insider comment: "The players felt a little deflated that their GM overpaid so much. There was some real talent here that could've been better taken further with a clear star. It's okay though, they tried the best they could.. and hit up Magic City after the home games."

11th place in the Western Conference is... IcePhoenix's 41-41 Minnesota Timberwolves!

Reporter comment: "Honestly, Timberwolves should be proud. They made it competitive until the end almost making the playins, missing it by only a game. The West was way more difficult than anyone imagined this year. LaVine averaged 30 ppg, Edwards averaged 24 ppg.. the deep bench was just a little thin. If he was able to hit a player on those last few days of bidding, things would've gone differently for sure."

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Everyone else has technically made the playoffs! Congrats!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Woof, I thought my Bucks would do better than that. The team didn't quite come together right but that's brutal.

Also 41-41 coming in 11th is really rough.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
No loving way

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ah yeah the west kicked the East’s rear end just like we all expected right

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

13-28 on the road is brutal. Firing the coach and the equipment manager.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Does coaching rating impact performance?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lockback posted:

Does coaching rating impact performance?

The BBGM setting? Only affects player progression

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

and advanced to be the 7th and 8th seeds in the West!

and advanced to be the 7th and 8th seeds in the East!

Doltos had to claw his way from the 10th seed - last year's runner up is unkillable!

BWV's team struggled more than people thought - a similar story though, outside of Powell his bench didn't offer that much. All of his starters put up solid stats and percentages. Tatum struggled from three more than you'd like to see (32%).

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Any predictions?

Simming now!

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
drat, one game off the play-in. We’re gonna get over that hump next year!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I fear that I'm too good at assembling teams. No hard feelings, Heat, time to sweep easily

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Outside of Luka averaging 50 I don't see how the Spurs did it but I hope they continue the run.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Heat gonna win the finals. I believe in cyber-Curry and injury-proof JJJ.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Yeah tied for 12th!! Wooo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
With injuries off, Utah's main strategy against my Nuggets of having Draymond hunt ballsacks and take out Zion won't work. 4-2.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

All chalk for round 1. Utah made it interesting going up 3-1 on Denver but they clawed their way back! Resilient team.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
lol we’ll that’s a huge bummer - hardly any goon votes AND a terrible sim season.

I was way happier with how I did this year but last year my lovely team somehow made it into the second round of the playoffs.

So confused.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Rigged league, frozen envelope, etc

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Deadbeat Dad posted:

All chalk for round 1. Utah made it interesting going up 3-1 on Denver but they clawed their way back! Resilient team.
lmfao the sim is too real

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Red Rox posted:

lol we’ll that’s a huge bummer - hardly any goon votes AND a terrible sim season.

I was way happier with how I did this year but last year my lovely team somehow made it into the second round of the playoffs.

So confused.

IRL I think your team would make it - sims are always iffy gauging young players though who haven't hit their stride. Tinge on the young side but all your guys work together well imo.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Any predictions?

Simming now!

given how the regular season went, no i do not have any predictions lol

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
When we get to the finals we need to go game by game with boxscores.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Red Rox posted:

So confused.

I'm a moron who didn't get my vote in in time, but I think your team was rad and I'd love to watch a Fox/Jarrett Allen team irl, especially with Herb.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I'm protesting these clearly Anti-Mavericks results

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Denver makes easy work of Memphis and New Orleans deep team pulls off the upset versus the top heavy Doncic-Bam Spurs!

Miami had too much firepower for Orlando with a thrilling OT win in game 1, while Cleveland reverse swept Detroit who started off the series 2-0.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Red Rox posted:

So confused.

i think your team was top 8 in the west for sure and i wouldn't be too in my feelings about this sim lol, these things are always insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

DeimosRising posted:

i think your team was top 8 in the west for sure and i wouldn't be too in my feelings about this sim lol, these things are always insane

Yeah the sim is just for fun, the goon vote is the real quiz.

Unless the Heat win it all in which case the sim is the fairest reflection of GM skill and general coolness and sex appeal.