Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I think it's because of the limit on how long the video could be. It made people be more creative to fit something into the six seconds. Something about the end of it usually getting cut off also somehow made it funnier. I hate tiktok though so I may be biased.
Like 90 percent of these make me laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI2uGmdzhzw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

snergle posted:

nostalgia and youtube compilations. most of vine was garbage or ads most of tik tok is the same except its not brands paying someone to do a funny skit with the label out towards the camera its insane people selling insane poo poo to you.

that said there are good tiktoks street food ones are the ones i like but ive seen good memes. i feel like the comedy skit ones are mostly all bad though. they are all 1 guy playing every part using a filter to change their character and just being like im x ethnicity my mom beat me when i did this lmao. or my mom favored the younger child and hated the older child and ignored the middle child lmao.

i have found some decent stand ups through tik tok though they usually just put one joke from a set in it

I've never looked at stand up comic tiktoks I can see where that could be good. I just refuse to use tiktok most of the time so maybe I'm missing some comedy gold

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

YeahTubaMike posted:

drat, there are some people & things that I had no idea where from Vines, like Drew Gooden and that one outdoor shot that pans to the smiling Black guy

You mean the one that they say "hi" and he says "ok" right? Pretty solid vine

Anyway I finally found a tiktok I laughed at. Sorry for the Facebook link I am too lazy to get the actual tiktok link and also I don't really want to install tiktok anyway enjoy!! It's really not super funny but I like the guys delivery

https://fb.watch/mlStCO1K0Y/?mibextid=HSR2mg&startTimeMs=1122