Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i am very careful about how i curate my poo poo, what i follow, etc.

in particular i try to follow a larger amount of positive and/or mindless content - i.e. people who post cooking videos, animals doing silly poo poo, music tutorials, live performances - than i do negative, newsworthy, or complicated content about all the hosed up things going on in the world. i do follow some of the latter to keep myself informed, but it helps that it's a minority of the content i see.

i also have a personal rule that i do not get into prolonged back and forth arguments about anything, with anyone. which is something i used to do all the time on these forums. but in the age of toxic social media i have been a lot better about just saying whatever one thing i want to say about the topic, and then moving on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU