Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I mean, seriously, you are just saying I can't be trusted with a plant but I want people to believe I am with this plastic poo poo.

Everyone knows it's plastic.

It's like carrying around a purse that says Guuchi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they still produce oxygen for inside spaces though

everything that's green does im p sure

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hmm, my bag does say guuchi

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I'm not listening to home decor opinions from a person with a touch screen toaster.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

I mean, seriously, you are just saying I can't be trusted with a plant but I want people to believe I am with this plastic poo poo.

what about people who live in a desert? They aren't allowed greenery in their houses?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

you could lock a snake plant dracaena in the closet and ignore it for years and that fucker would survive

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

you could lock a snake plant dracaena in the closet and ignore it for years and that fucker would survive

but I'm afraid of snakes

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I bought a palm plant for my office the other week but Amazon took too long for the pot to get here so it got all dried out and idk if I can't save it now that it is here ):

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Buce posted:

People that buy fake plants are loving monsters.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

I bought a palm plant for my office the other week but Amazon took too long for the pot to get here so it got all dried out and idk if I can't save it now that it is here ):

you bought a plant, then as an afterthought bought the pot from Amazon. loving hell Nooner. Get your poo poo together

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I have a thing for olives. My oldest daughter is even holds the namesake – Olive. An olive is a spiritual symbol for peace and tranquility, so it’s completely understandable why people are now wanting olive trees in their homes. The small leaf tree trend isn’t going anywhere with its charming, stylish feel that it adds to any room. Unless you live in Mediterranean climate though, it’s going to be tricky keeping a real one alive. Trust me, I dropped $90 on one only for it to bite the dust within a month. That’s why, in this case, I say, “Go faux!”
https://forresterhome.com/2020/11/03/my-faux-olive-tree-and-your-guide-to-finding-the-perfect-faux-tree/

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

may be just get a jar of olives, lady. jeez.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I got a palm tree 2 years ago.

Still going strong.

Get an air plant if you can't remember to water it.

I've definitely killed a few air plants

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

I have a thing for olives. My oldest daughter is even holds the namesake – Olive. An olive is a spiritual symbol for peace and tranquility, so it’s completely understandable why people are now wanting olive trees in their homes. The small leaf tree trend isn’t going anywhere with its charming, stylish feel that it adds to any room. Unless you live in Mediterranean climate though, it’s going to be tricky keeping a real one alive. Trust me, I dropped $90 on one only for it to bite the dust within a month. That’s why, in this case, I say, “Go faux!”
https://forresterhome.com/2020/11/03/my-faux-olive-tree-and-your-guide-to-finding-the-perfect-faux-tree/

you have a daughter named Olive? Best be on the lookout for guys named Bluto

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Treecko posted:

I got a palm tree 2 years ago.

Still going strong.

Get an air plant if you can't remember to water it.

I've definitely killed a few air plants

That's the thing that is so hosed up...

You can kill any plant, it's on you and you can buy another one, fake plants are a lie from the start.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

You can kill any plant

that's very generous of you to say

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Thanks for reminding me I kind of want a houseplant or two OP I may get around to that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

those aren't fake plants op, they're plastic refined from oil, which is just old plants

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Thom Yorke called it, years ago ...

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

You have to dust fake plants and who tf has time to dust fake rear end plants? Like at least if it were alive I'd feel like it was worth it but nope just keeping cobwebs out of tacky rear end plastic garbage for eternity like a basic bitch Sisyphus

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Plastic pollen to feed my stigma.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Three Olives posted:

You had me until the last part; embracing knockoff goods is blessed:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Old people love silk flowers. Especially putting them outside in the flower bed and letting them get all sun faded and brittle.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what about people who live in a desert? They aren't allowed greenery in their houses?

plants will still grow indoors in a desert you dingus

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Buce posted:

Confirmed. I kill like every plant I've ever had but my snake plant is doing incredibly well

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I found a little nursery just down the road.

There's never anyone there. It's quite peaceful.

Fake plants can gently caress right off.

:fuckoff:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Konar posted:

they still produce oxygen for inside spaces though

everything that's green does im p sure

letting shrek routinely violate my anus for air quality purposes

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

i brought some cute lil fake succulents in hedgehog and pig themed pots to make my girlfriend happy, op

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Bro I can barely keep myself alive a fake plant is my only hope of having something green that wont die in a week

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

believe or not 3o some people purchase items to make their living space more relaxing or enjoyable and are not trying to impress people with everything they buy.

some fake plants can make a room nicer to be in without the maintenance associated with real plant life and they aren't doing it to make people think they are a plant care master

hth

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hey Three Olives you recently posted an interior shot of your place on here and it's got a real "The Professor Who Lives In The College Town Who Still Drinks With Students" kinda look to it.

Seriously your place looks like it smells like tahineh and shoes.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm the emotional baby who sometimes buys the sickly looking plants and tries to nurse them back to health.

Got about a 50/50 success rate.

Trying to germinate the seeds from a store-bought jalapeño atm.

Last year the birds ate all my cherry tomatoes and I only got like 3

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
3O prob wouldnt even try tho.

Oops it died, time to buy another

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

"have you seen the neighbours plants cecil? they're not even real, how lower class of them" *scoffs*
"indeed gerald, i noticed when i was over telling them about our new tesla that they only have one kitchen appliance with a screen and it's their refrigerator, very early 2000's of them"
*guffaws*

this is how i imagine 3os life to be

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

"have you seen the neighbours plants cecil? they're not even real, how lower class of them" *scoffs*
"indeed gerald, i noticed when i was over telling them about our new tesla that they only have one kitchen appliance with a screen and it's their refrigerator, very early 2000's of them"
*guffaws*

With the occasional pause to just ask a few questions.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

*guffaws*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I used to have one festooned with christmas lights for ambience back in the day and every woman I brought over thought it was funny as hell and also a deal breaker

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
they were $20 each at the bargain store and i wanted some green in the living room

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Fake pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Bad Purchase posted:

those aren't fake plants op, they're plastic refined from oil, which is just old plants

This. A plastic plant isn't fake, it represents pure essense of the plant uncorrupted by living. A metaplant.