Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Vox Nihili posted:

The Vatican. Get hosed papists!!!!

Most child molesters per square kilometer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Nevermind.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Really though it's Belgium.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Fish of hemp posted:

Most child molesters per square kilometer.

Zisky posted:

Really though it's Belgium.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
This is a good question OP. I love ranking hitlers. Obviously it was the UK but now they are a great deal more pathetic. Probably still the UK though, on top of everything else they are a finance hub. Maybe Latvia or something though, you can't discount the power of open nazism.

Megamissen posted:

not scandinavian

I was assured by the Europe thread it is because is was colonized by Sweden.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Weka posted:

I was assured by the Europe thread it is because is was colonized by Sweden.

finland is a nordic country and part of fennoscandia but scandinavia is just danmark norway and sweden

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Megamissen posted:

finland is a nordic country and part of fennoscandia but scandinavia is just danmark norway and sweden
Actually Scandinavia originally referred vaguely to Scania, the region that makes up the southern tip of Sweden so technically neither Denmark, Norway, nor Sweden(excluding the Scania region) should be considered to be part of Scandinavia in the original definition of the word.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lots of good entries but it's Poland

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Israel.

(it counts because it's in Eurovision)

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

DrSunshine posted:

Israel.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Megamissen posted:

it was nice of youse to make up a country grouping for finnland to be part of

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Weka posted:

karelia and the kola peninsula are also part of fennoscandia

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Any country that Isn't abbreviated U.S.A is a piece of poo poo country

Especially you Eritrea, gently caress you

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the smug baltic nations

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

hellgium

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

DrSunshine posted:

Israel.

Better chance of getting into the EU than turkey

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Weka posted:

proving that scandinavians are the least racist europeans, since they invited an asiatic people into their most exclusive club

DrSunshine posted:

Israel.

this puts australia in play

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Finns aren't scandinavian because they speak a finnu-ugric language similar to hungarian and certain languages of northeastern russia because they immigrated to europe from the steppe as opposed to the earlier migrations through turkey

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Hatebag posted:

Finns aren't scandinavian because they speak a finnu-ugric language similar to hungarian and certain languages of northeastern russia because they immigrated to europe from the steppe as opposed to the earlier migrations through turkey

the indo europeans came from the pontic steppe, while the hungarians were a steppe people most finno-ugrics were forest dwelling and either hunter-gatherers (sometimes reindeer herders aswell) or slash and burn agriculturalists

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Megamissen posted:

the indo europeans came from the pontic steppe, while the hungarians were a steppe people most finno-ugrics were forest dwelling and either hunter-gatherers (sometimes reindeer herders aswell) or slash and burn agriculturalists

Ah, interesting. I guess i was thinking the indo europeans migrating from persia to europe would go straight across turkey. Wonder why they went the long way around. I'd always heard the finns were from the steppe but i guess it woulda been rough going out there before the domestication of the horse

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Hatebag posted:

Ah, interesting. I guess i was thinking the indo europeans migrating from persia to europe would go straight across turkey. Wonder why they went the long way around. I'd always heard the finns were from the steppe but i guess it woulda been rough going out there before the domestication of the horse
indo-europeans didn't come from persia, they came from the steppe. the first ones to hit persia might have gone across turkey though, from bulgaria

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

A Buttery Pastry posted:

indo-europeans didn't come from persia, they came from the steppe. the first ones to hit persia might have gone across turkey though, from bulgaria

looking at assyrian records the aryans (not the nazi kind, the real ones iran is named after and were later called persians and medes) probably came into the iranian plateau via central asia
i dont know anything about the how the armenians got where they were though

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Is this map an accurate representation?

I want to make sure I'm on the cutting edge of race science

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
finns arose spontaneously from a bog somewhere and are technically considered a type of mold

source: i'm from finland so i know

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Hatebag posted:

its a map of lingustic spread rather than migrations but the brown arrows are more or less the best guess we have of early migrations, although it lacks some extinct lingual branches like the anatolian one

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Megamissen posted:

looking at assyrian records the aryans (not the nazi kind, the real ones iran is named after and were later called persians and medes) probably came into the iranian plateau via central asia
yeah, the armenians are the ones that could've gone the other way around.

Hatebag posted:

it's not race science, it's linguistics!

(how did they forget to color in the greeks??)

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

A Buttery Pastry posted:

(how did they forget to color in the greeks??)

figured it out, its because the map is of cognates of brother and the greek (and albanian, sinhalese, possible some others ive missed) word for brother is not one
this is also why turkish, a turkic language, is included

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Megamissen posted:

figured it out, its because the map is of cognates of brother and the greek (and albanian, sinhalese, possible some others ive missed) word for brother is not one
this is also why turkish, a turkic language, is included
ah. i figured this was some deep greeks = turks, turks = greeks lore

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

A Buttery Pastry posted:

ah. i figured this was some deep greeks = turks, turks = greeks lore

i was going to do a greece is albanian joke but then i noticed albanian wasnt there either and then had an idea as to why, which turned out correct

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!
america

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

So the idea is that the yamnaya got stuck up there around the end of the last ice age and were chilling for thousands of years? I suppose the glaciers pushed a fuckton of topsoil south and left fertile uninhabited land in a huge band across eurasia, giving them a pretty easy way to emigrate all over the place. They must've killed a lot of people settling in previously occupied areas. Or maybe people were so impressed by their wheels that they joined willingly

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Megamissen posted:

We walked out of Noah's arc and just stayed put

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

tazjin posted:

Belgium. Brussels is the only place I've visited in Europe where I truly felt unsafe. Liege looks like a post-apocalyptic town where people are hiding in ruined buildings from the roving mutants.

Also their food sucks.
let's not forget their most famous band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1cRGVaJF7Y

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

modern day finns, danes, swedes, norwegians, and the dutch were created in vats by the nazi scientist joself mengele in order to create the most racist species of human being

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!
yakub's legacy...

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

AnimeIsTrash posted:

modern day finns, danes, swedes, norwegians, and the dutch were created in vats by the nazi scientist joself mengele in order to create the most racist species of human being

thinking mengele could teach us swedes about eugenics lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

tazjin posted:

Belgium. Brussels is the only place I've visited in Europe where I truly felt unsafe. Liege looks like a post-apocalyptic town where people are hiding in ruined buildings from the roving mutants.

Also their food sucks.

we did a euro trip around Belgium in 2019 and we had a good time. I didn’t feel unsafe in Brussels and was stumbling around riding the trams drunk. Ghent was my favorite city there but Antwerp was good

absolutely right about Liege though, holy poo poo might be the worst major city I’ve been to. it would make Philly look good. just oozing depression that would make even a goon seem like a happy person.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that’s right

kill ‘em all

plus they post badly on the internets: the worst crime of all crimes

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Whoever came last at the current year's Eurovision Song Contest.
The whole country shares in the shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

JAKUBIA