Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Not a lot of hate for the balkans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
respect to serbia for being one of two anti nato countries in euroope

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Always thought scandinavia not including finland is a bit bullshit tbh.

Geographically, it makes at least as much sense as Denmark being included.
And then their shared history, being part of sweden for centuries and swedish being a recognised language a minority of Finns still speak as their first language.

edit: accidentally wrote "Swedes" instead of "Finns"

Falukorv has issued a correction as of 12:43 on Jul 29, 2023

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
the Dutch invented capitalism so

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Falukorv posted:

And then their shared history, being part of sweden for centuries and swedish being a recognised language a minority of Swedes still speak as their first language.

It's just due to race science because the finns are from a different ethno-linguistic group. They call all of the peninsula plus iceland and denmark the nordic countries or nordics, which doesn't make sense either because the finns aren't nords but it would be rude to leave them out. And nobody even cares about estonia aka baby finland

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Falukorv posted:

And then their shared history, being part of sweden for centuries and swedish being a recognised language a minority of Swedes still speak as their first language.
minority language. including finland in scandinavia is basically like including hungary in germany.

Hatebag posted:

It's just due to race science because the finns are from a different ethno-linguistic group. They call all of the peninsula plus iceland and denmark the nordic countries or nordics, which doesn't make sense either because the finns aren't nords but it would be rude to leave them out. And nobody even cares about estonia aka baby finland
nords is a skyrim thing?? nordics literally just refers to the cardinal direction

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

In 2023 Europe was voted the worst country in Europe.

Mr Hootington posted:

Not a lot of Balkan posters I assume.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

modern day finns, danes, swedes, norwegians, and the dutch were created in vats by the nazi scientist joself mengele in order to create the most racist species of human being

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

minority language. including finland in scandinavia is basically like including hungary in germany.

nords is a skyrim thing?? nordics literally just refers to the cardinal direction

Lol

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
The Hwan Empire

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'm sorry guys it's still Poland which barely even qualifies as a country to begin with.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

modern day finns, danes, swedes, norwegians, and the dutch were created in vats by the nazi scientist joself mengele in order to create the most racist species of human being

say this or that about josef mengele if you will, but he produced results

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
What did the Czechs do to deserve to get hunted?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

E. Europeans killed the vibe at the bar by getting into a screaming fight over which country swears and drinks more

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

War and Pieces posted:

E. Europeans killed the vibe at the bar by getting into a screaming fight over which country swears and drinks more

its denmark

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Great Brittain hands down

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

croup coughfield posted:

yakub's legacy...

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
Gotta be one of the ones in the reddit belt

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Honestly the most striking similarity is how similar streets, traffic signs and alot of architecture is between Finland and Sweden. Drop me in a random finnish town and make me illiterate and i wouldnt feel out of place until i heard people speak. In Denmark or Norway i can immediately tell im in another country by looking at those things.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Falukorv posted:

And then their shared history, being part of sweden for centuries and swedish being a recognised language a minority of Finns still speak as their first language.

edit: accidentally wrote "Swedes" instead of "Finns"

So you think because a people were subjugated by Yakubian devils they should be included in the grouping of their former masters? Ireland is part of Britain?

Based on your disgusting answers I think sweden is the worst country in europe.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

belgium might be a toilet but it lacks the sense of depressed hostility that britain is so good at

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A lot of those eastern Europe countries are very bad. Spain recently showed they are also bad. Italy won't exist much longer.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

I want to say the Netherlands but it's not like the trip into Belgium improves the vibe at all, quite the opposite actually

Can we get a tier list

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

Every now and then I get suggested a video on youtube that is something like "Bosnia: Birthplace of European ISIS", so it's out there.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This loving guy did not just do what I think he did!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bro Dad posted:

belgium might be a toilet but it lacks the sense of depressed hostility that britain is so good at

belgium is more like depressed resignation.

worst part of europe is probably limburg

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

mags posted:

the Dutch invented capitalism so

This is the correct answer followed by Limeytown

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

serious post it's monaco. it's basically a giant favela for rich people to dodge taxes also boring as poo poo

Weka
May 5, 2019

Bro Dad posted:

serious post it's monaco. it's basically a giant favela for rich people to dodge taxes also boring as poo poo

words mean things

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

England for inventing capitalism

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Weka posted:

words mean things

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Albania however: owns

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Albania however: owns

Greater albania will rise

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
every country in europe is the worst because they're all occupying rightful albanian clay

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

ranked by gini index, worst to better
  1. Turkey
  2. Bulgaria
  3. Montenegro
  4. Lithuania
  5. Italy
  6. United Kingdom
  7. Romania
  8. Serbia
  9. Latvia
  10. Spain
e: USA's gini index is roughly the same as turkey lol
:france:

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Yeah three pages and no mention of France. Gonna be a record, better remind you all of our existence at some point.

Bro Dad posted:

Yeah don't buy the "we are the Grimaldi" line, they are agnastic Polignac, minor branch of the house of the prime minister of Charles X, the king of France that made Haiti paid billions for their freedom.

Mantis42 posted:

what's the second worst nation? is it france? they're like a failed england
Gonna admit we lost that war in Ohio.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 12:25 on Jul 30, 2023

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

finns arose spontaneously from a bog somewhere and are technically considered a type of mold

source: i'm from finland so i know

can confirm.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Holy Roman Empire for letting burghers have rights

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 15:54 on Jul 30, 2023

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever