Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Name: Jekajerk
Subclass: Sacred Huntsmaster
God: Asmodeus
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Max out Persuasion at least.

Slaan posted:

Lawful Neutral
Calistria

Sadly Calistria is CN: LN is her antithesis. Closest you can get whilst worshipping her is N.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Whoops, meant for the alignment to be Chaotic Neutral, not lawful

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Kanthulhu posted:

I agree with plan BraveLittleToaster + Randalor

And I'd like to add the stipulation that you should prioritize talking skills, so we can persuade as many people as possible of our very reasonable point of view that Asmodeus is the one true god.

This. The gods are bastards and so are we.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ZCKaiser posted:

Probably a bit late, but:

Name: Party Police
Subclass: Tactical Leader
God: Cayden Cailean
Alignment: Chaotic Good

We're the party cops, here to make sure everyone is having a good time, on pain of death.

This but Sacred Huntsmaster if possible.

Chug this beer, or die

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

My only request is an Animal Companion that's big enough for us to ride.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is that a thing in Kingmaker?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

It is in wrath of the righteous, so I think kingmaker has it too

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't, sadly. Mounted combat was one of the bigger announcements for WotR.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Name Genome
Subclass Monster Tactician
God Zon-Kuthon
Alignment Neutral Evil

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Randalor posted:

That being said, what the hell, cat animal companions don't give a bonus to persuasion?
Threatening to have your pet smilodon eat somebody is kind of like a bonus to persuasion. (Though smilodon means you don't have a pet velociraptor, so :tradeoffs:)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Randalor posted:

I just started playing this game because this thread reminded me it was in my steam library and it actually plays surprisingly well on a steam deck. That being said, what the hell, cat animal companions don't give a bonus to persuasion? How am I supposed to be a lawful evil rear end in a top hat with a viper?

While the evil villain having a lap cat is certainly iconic, I can't actually recall an instance where said cat seemingly increases their persuasive ability. The circumstance where they have the cat are generally either: 1. In a meeting with henchmen and/or issuing threats and ransom demands while sitting at the big table, 2. Monologuing, or 3. Gloating at the hero. None of which seem to involve much in the way of persuading.

Meanwhile, in terms of vipers and persuasion you may recall a little story involving a serpent and an apple...

On a more practical matter, I'm also assuming you mean familiars, as animal companions don't provide skill bonuses of any sort regardless of the type selected.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

But cats are very persuasive and good at getting what they want. They're natural persuaders.

:catstare:: "GIVE ME HEAD PATS AND BACK SCRATCHIES!"

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Sure, they're great at persuading you to do something for them, not so much for assisting their owners servants with their own goals.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I am a bit lazy to read all the information so Imma just pick a God that allow the Chaotic trait and that's it

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
That is a lot of choices! Feel like nothing I suggest will catch up with voting, so

Kanthulhu posted:

And I'd like to add the stipulation that you should prioritize talking skills, so we can persuade as many people as possible of our very reasonable point of view that Asmodeus is the one true god.

^This

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Kanthulhu posted:

Another vote for this.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Kanthulhu posted:

I'm too late to suggest an orc inquisitor, but not too late to support this!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
So Jekajerk has won, and I've played the first update, but I'm now working the weekend, so it may take me a couple of days to get it out.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
There are games where playing as evil character is actually fun, not focused on being chaotic stupid and has dialogue options better than "hahah, die!"

Pathfinder:Kingmaker is not one of these games.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That's true, if you want a "good" evil experience, you should play Wrath of the Righteous.

But it's what the thread has chosen, so the OP just has to deal with it.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
At least the game is getting an LP, that’s what I tell myself. And you can have fun playing evil if you make the right decisions. Don’t confuse ethics with mythology. Sure you’re Darth Vader but maybe you’re a good guy. At least we’re not Chaotic Evil. That’s the insane unfun way in this game. Although maybe Grey Hunter could pull it off where I couldn’t. No idea.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

So we just need to lean into the Lawful, and have a little Evil as a treat.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

disposablewords posted:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

This man is not my people (paraphrasing Supergirl), but he sums up how Grey Hunter might be playing the game.

This is another good way to think of it. I personally think of Loki as Chaotic or Neutral Evil, but Lawful works too.

I like this one also.

drat it, now I almost want to be Lawful Evil. Better reorient myself.

That works!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Alignment is the loving worst

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

disposablewords posted:

LITTLE A

the fact i care about people getting that dumb meme wrong means i'm objectively an idiot but i swear to god i'm gonna start probing for it, what's the point in petty unaccountable power if i can't abuse it

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

sebmojo posted:

LITTLE A

the fact i care about people getting that dumb meme wrong means i'm objectively an idiot but i swear to god i'm gonna start probing for it, what's the point in petty unaccountable power if i can't abuse it

I mean, fair enough, I'm always up for a comedy probe because it's better than one because I said something lovely. Though it's cycled around enough that I've never even seen the original until looking it up just now. Only heard it as a dumb thing people say.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
In the immortal words of JoCat, if you ask Lawful Evil guy to not bang your mom he will listen - and will bang your dad instead because you didn't said anything about not doing it. This is the best definition of LE ever.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

disposablewords posted:

I mean, fair enough, I'm always up for a comedy probe because it's better than one because I said something lovely. Though it's cycled around enough that I've never even seen the original until looking it up just now. Only heard it as a dumb thing people say.

all good, i used my petty unaccountable power to fix the title typo instead

vv 'pathfider', no 'n'

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

sebmojo posted:

all good, i used my petty unaccountable power to fix the title typo instead

Sorry, I'm dylexic and don't even know what the typo was!
(I'm about 50% through the first update, which will be longer than most I think, as I wanted to get through tutorial town in a single hit.)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Sounds challenging but doable. If you’re still picking Skills, I’m all for maxing Persuasion. Also Perception & Trickery if applicable. I haven’t played an Asmodeus follower but I think that’s his stick. Not sure what kind of Inquisitor you picked, if Sacred Huntmaster I favor Smilodon over the other available pets. Large number of attacks and robust. Leopard is faster and Bear is tougher, others have Trip or Poison, but the big cat is a good mix. Sadly you can’t really customize pets until you play WotR.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Okay! Let's finalise this bad boy. (Legally)

What is an inquisitor without fire? That makes for a sensible domain choice.

A lot of people wanted a pet cat, so lets get the kittiest of kittys.

Here is the rest of the character sheet – I push wisdom hard and then just spread the rest around. I max our persuasion and trickery.

Feat wise, this seems useful for the character.

I pick a couple of spells.

Jekajerk is ready to go be a jerk across a new realm!

We're stealthy, have great stealth and spot, and can talk people down in a second. Red is also the only choice for an inquisitor's clothing.

My adventure begins as I am called into the great hall of a local bigwig's mansion, along with every other hero in the area.

The first person it talk is a tall barbarian, She seems angry at life, and has poor control of her emotions – I mentally rate her Heresy chances as High.

The next person to speak is a purpled haired Gnome with an overwhelming sense of superiority, if anyone could ooze evil, he does. Heresy Rating: High.
Aww, They patched this, as our portrait is this guy, and I was hoping to make a “He's wearing our face” joke. Booo!

Any further comments are interrupted.

The woman addresses us with confidence.

They lay out the plan – we're going to steal the stolen lands, and while I relish claiming new lands for by goddess, I have a few questions.

Yeah, like that is going to happen.

The dwarf speaks true.

I have to wonder what is in it for them.

I doubt they will be able to resist giving lots of advice, but that is a problem for later.

This woman is a literal demon-spawn! Heresy rating very high.

There doesn't seem to be much discussion, or even question that we would accept this dangerous mission.
But the audience seems to be over, we are given rooms in the mansion and packed off to bed.

Afterwards, a small halfling woman approaches, she seems friendly and naive, but we all know that the devil hides behind a fair face.

A bard? Someone who puts ideas into the heads of others? Heresy Rating High!
But what does she want with me?

A book? I may have to up that heresy rating.

I play it cool. She may be useful if she could spread the deeds of my goddess.

Note to self, read that book regularly.
I head to bed.

Sometime in the early morning

I am startled awake, I am of course dressed in full armour and weapons, as what fool would sleep in a strange place without precautions.

I do not take well to be being awakened in the middle of the night.

You don't tell me what to do!

As if to prove her point, someone else barges into my room – this on is much less polite.

My pet Leopard eats his face before anyone else in the room can react.
Good kitty.

We loot the body.

She seems to know where she's going, and is not actively trying to kill us.

We round the corner, and see Tartuccio between two assassins, who both turn and attack us.

This will go well for them, just wait and see!

Well, I will need some hired help, I guess, We can deal with Tartuccio once this is over.

I take the suspicious gift – magical protection should not be turned down.

We continue to slaughter our way through assassins.

The leopard, who I should name one of these days, rips one of them to shreds.

At least we're getting some good loot.

Things have not gone well for the other adventurers, but that is less competition for the barony.

We turn another corner and see the Barbarian taking on three assassins.

She looks to be able to hold her own!

Still not friendly though!

When the worst person you know makes a good point.

The next room has guards!

Oh they have an ice giant!

He stomps over one of his own guys, pulping him.

Then he freezes the guards before stomping into the main hall, bringing the hallway down behind him.

We try to go around, one of the rooms is the armoury, which we use to arm ourselves, Tartuccio seems to want to rob the place as well!

I am no thief however.

I do get a better bow, amongst my rapidly growing pile of loot.

The next meaningful encounter I have is with a pale elf – pale even for an elf!

The walking dead? Heresy threat – High! But I cannot burn someone just because she is dead – that is not proof of necromancy, she may well be the victim in a crime.

The fact she is a fellow inquisitor also puts me at ease.

Next we kill some guys looking for a secret cache.

It has something to do with these moving statues.

A few minutes and I have solved it. It is simple for an intellect like mine.
I lucked out on the combination three clicks in, this is a simple but annoying puzzle that the game seems to like.

While of little use, we take these for safekeeping. Plus they can be returned once we know the owner is still alive.

Kaessi the Teifling is the next to be rescued.

Nearby, the Dwarf Harrim seems to be rather enjoying the act of dying. I point out he's mostly covered in minor scratches, and order him back on his feet.

A dour dwarf with a death wish, this one will be fun to be around. Though he may lead other to death- Heresy chance – High!

He's apparently a cleric as well!

The way ahead seems to be blocked by fire!

The gate was opened! See, Heresy is all around!

Kaessi runs through the fire with gleeful abandon, the demon-spawn that she is.

We follow with more reluctance.

We risk our lives in the fire.

Inside we meet a paladin, and have to make some choices for the greater good.

Finally we come across Lady Jamadai fighting the frost giant.

We leap into action to help her.

And it looks like she's going to need it!

This is our first proper battle, but we carve through their front line.

Then it's into their casters and archers!

The Giant falls, but a summoned Mantacore takes its place! I'm glad I'm on this side of the barrier!

What faces? The leopard has already eaten them!

We claim a good pile of loot.

Then we speak to Jamandi, and she is right, this was planned to stop the expedition to the stolen lands before it even began!

The rat! He gave me this ring! But no one would believe this, so I point out he's an obvious enemy agent!

How can they suspect me over that obvious spy? Look at me, do I not radiate..... Lawfulness?

Amari is on our side at least!

It's not robbing unless we leave the building. Until then its borrowing.

The Paladin also supports us.

His next line of attack is even lower. But I stand by the decision to get to her in time to help.

And how were we to know that? Hindsight is 20/20 and all that!

Opinion is spit, so she decides to let us both go – this is foolish, but she is in charge.

It seems the Paladin wants some action.

The adventurers divide themselves up.

There is always one who has to be different though!

Ahh, all brawn and no brains, you will be useful.

We are given our marching orders.

At least there will be an investigation – to late and without the use of enhanced interrogation no doubt.

And with that we depart.

Onwards! To reclaim the stolen lands!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I love tartuccios replacement picture!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

We will win and Tartuccio will end up in a tart!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Did you know the statue puzzle has two solutions and opens two different hidden rooms depending on if all the Arma are up or down? I found that out when I hosed up royally early on, and didn't have a backup save at the end of the mansion sequence so had to restart from the beginning.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Our face-eating leopard seems eminently suited to a future in government.

Let's name her Polly Tician.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Huh. I didn't know it was possible for Linzi not to join you.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

anilEhilated posted:

Huh. I didn't know it was possible for Linzi not to join you.

It's based on the alignment of the choices you made with the lady. Valerie goes with Lawful and Harrim with Chaotic, Linzi goes with Good and Jaethal with Evil.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It's based on the alignment of the choices you made with the lady. Valerie goes with Lawful and Harrim with Chaotic, Linzi goes with Good and Jaethal with Evil.
I knew your starting party wasn't fixed, but given Linzi's narrator schtick I assumed she was mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

All those heretics not voting to join your leopard eating faces party are going to wish they joined the leopard eating faces party soon enough.