Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

the first episode... could have been worse

it wasn't as bad as the apple and susan boil episodes, but it wasn't as good as the classic seasons

so all in all it was much better than i expected it to be

perhaps it will be a decent season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Why didn't anyone tell me the new futurama season was out I'm mad I'm really really mad right now!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I don't watch anime or other cartoons op, they are for children

Anybody else watching From

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Definitely some good gags; still feels like Futurama to me. Looking forward to more of the season

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm hopeful that the new season will continue to be surprisingly okay

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Anybody else watching From

The hell is MGM+

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Comparing new Futurama episodes to the Susan Boil episode is unfair, since that is one of the worst TV episodes in general of all time

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i think ive done enough conventions to know how to spell melllvar

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Was David X Cohen also on the Epstein flight logs or did he go to like a different and nerdier pedo island where they have slide rules or something?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Comparing new Futurama episodes to the Susan Boil episode is unfair, since that is one of the worst TV episodes in general of all time

:haibrow:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The hell is MGM+

I don't know but it's a buck a month for 3 months, should be done with From by then

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Konar posted:

Was David X Cohen also on the Epstein flight logs or did he go to like a different and nerdier pedo island where they have slide rules or something?

:emptyquote:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

It got one audible laugh out of me and little hmm sound when something is funny but not that funny whatever that's called.

It could have been far worse.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

thought it was shite tbh

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It was real bad I hope the other ones are better but like drat how many times can they recycle the WE GOT CANCELED OUR SHOW GOT CANCELED GUYS GET THIS WE ARE GOING TO BREAK THR FOURTH WALL AND MAKE A JOKE ABOUT SHOWS THAT GET CANCELLED

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
cancel culture has failed to go far enough

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

How many times is this? Like the fourth time they have been uncancelled? Is Groening stuff ever allowed to just end for good?

How many times does Bender say the thing about his butt? Has anyone ever taken him up on the offer?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

It got one audible laugh out of me and little hmm sound when something is funny but not that funny whatever that's called.

It could have been far worse.

Have you tried watching From on MGM+?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Smugworth posted:

Have you tried watching From on MGM+?

have you tried roasting your dick on a hot stovetop?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
fry sounds old as gently caress

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

cumpantry posted:

have you tried roasting your dick on a hot stovetop?

Yes but I had a spare while I recovered

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Missionary Positron posted:

Billy West is 71 years old

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

I don't know but it's a buck a month for 3 months, should be done with From by then

Is From any good? On a scale of 1 to 5 💀 how scary/gory is it? The answer determines whether my wife watches it with me or I watch it alone in the basement.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Is From any good? On a scale of 1 to 5 💀 how scary/gory is it? The answer determines whether my wife watches it with me or I watch it alone in the basement.

They start with the gore pretty early so just roll the dice on the first eppy

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Is "Disenchanted" any good? That's the real Groening question.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

LiterallyATomato posted:

It's not bad actually, some decent gags

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Watched it last night and thought it was off to a better start than the Comedy Central revival.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Fun fact: If you’ve rewatched all the classic Futurama episodes to death like I have, the DVD commentaries are some of the best out there and add even more rewatchability.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

LiterallyATomato posted:

GOD NO.

Do not bother watching it. The show has no loving idea what the hell it wants to be.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I liked Disenchanted :shrug:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Disenchanted is okay, def can tell the Josh Weinstein influence in it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I liked Disenchanted :shrug:

Then you're going to love From on MGM+. Sign up now on Amazon Prime and get 3 months for $ .99 each!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Disenchantment spent multiple seasons worldbuilding at a frenetic pace while running multiple concurrent plot threads - with the occasional joke - and none of it ever really paid off.

Futurama built an entire world in 2-3 episodes and every second of it was crammed full of jokes.

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club

Missionary Positron posted:

Fry is over 1000 years old

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Smugworth posted:

I don't watch anime or other cartoons op, they are for children

Same. I only watch the News every night, or factual documentaries. Every day I open the news paper and sit down at the kitchen table and go 'Hmm. Yes. Quite.'

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Disenchantment spent multiple seasons worldbuilding at a frenetic pace while running multiple concurrent plot threads - with the occasional joke - and none of it ever really paid off.

This confused me enough to Google if it somehow ended when I wasn't looking and no, it didn't. It's still going. So whether or not it fully pays off is still up-in-the-air.

Disenchantment is the kind of show where they'll spend a few episodes making fun of the guy who got disabled with a hammer to the head, so that when he dies he's incredibly angry at God for being so unfair and shits on him in the afterlife.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPnQTmq0qe0&t=32s&feature=youtu.be

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 25, 2023

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Also lesbian mermaids but that takes about 3 seasons

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What is this, the third reboot? Who gives a poo poo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Peggy Edson posted:

What is this, the third reboot? Who gives a poo poo

Classic Peggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nooner posted:

It was real bad I hope the other ones are better but like drat how many times can they recycle the WE GOT CANCELED OUR SHOW GOT CANCELED GUYS GET THIS WE ARE GOING TO BREAK THR FOURTH WALL AND MAKE A JOKE ABOUT SHOWS THAT GET CANCELLED

Imho Family Guy did that joke MUCH better, with Peter going "if [extremely long list of Fox shows that were canceled while the show was off] are canceled, then maybe we'll have a shot", and maybe I'm giving Family Guy too much credit but tbh I don't know if a joke about a show being canceled & resurrected can be done funnier and/or more cleverly than that, especially if the show has been canceled & resurrected multiple times