Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

So far the tone of the new Futurama has been a lot closer to original run Futurama than the Comedy Central era. This is a good thing. The jokes aren't great yet, but there is at least an attempt to make it work. I'll keep watching for now, we'll see if the quality stays in the watchable range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The new Futurama episode was okay. Still not super funny, but they didn't even try and do anything topical with the crypto episode, they just did a wild west parody. Had a few jokes I laughed at, mostly involving Bender. The fact that they didn't try and deal with crypto in anything approaching a serious way, I'm a lot less nervous that they're going to do another Susan Boyle episode. Still wish it was funnier.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

ChubbyChecker posted:

the latest episode was like the others this season: not very special, but not as bad as the worst episodes, and had references to the good original episodes

Yeah, for all their attempts, they can't seem to turn on the funny. The only character I consistently find funny is Zoidberg, everyone else is very hit or miss.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Sex Farm posted:

What was with Futurama making fun of Kwanzaa so much?

Honestly, it's because they loved having Coolio on as Kwanzaa bot. He was apparently super fun and enthusiastic. But there's really only so many jokes you can do about a character called Kwanzaa bot, so they tell that one joke as many times as they can.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

New episode was so goddamn bad

Extremely, extremely bad. Trying to be super topical is a Futurama Death Sentence.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Nooner posted:

It's not even super topical we've reached the point where "LOL COVID WAS WILD" is already played out

Another issue with Futurama's attempts to be topical: they're always at least a year behind the curve.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

:confused: the latest episode ("Zap Gets Cancelled") was the least worst of this new run, despite the premise.

Damning with faint praise, but I agree. At least this episode had jokes. Honestly, it still hasn't been worth watching though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

That last episode was okay, it actually had some jokes. Not great or good, but okay.

Still doesn't raise the season above a 4/10. Not worth the time I put in unfortunately.