Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
woof, that's awful luck, poor kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

EmbryoSteve posted:

JSN getting wrist surgery this week.

Top picks just can't be healthy

Time for BoBo shine

How does this keep happening, it's ridiculous

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

On the plus side, Jamal Adams is coming off the PUP tomorrow and will start doing practice walkthroughs so fingers crossed. Brooks is expected to be in action for week 1.

broken fingers crossed

sorry, sorry

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah, also, judging the defense's outlook based on the final preseason game seems like a fools errand

these guys are competing for a place on the practice squad, and both offensive and defensive schemes are vanilla

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I thought seeing ghosts was more of a Darnold problem

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

Hey! I would loving love that, I live up in Novato and was hoping to catch a game sometime this season.

I don't have plat but if you could share a way to contact you or hit me up at play.something.awful@gmail.com I would be super super stoked!

domo arigato play in novato

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Papercut posted:

Oh no!

Also wtf gently caress that. At least it gives them 10 days off before the Eagles game.

lol check this five game stretch for the Hawks, and pay attention to the dates

it's gonna suck!!!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
yeah, back in Russ' prime it was exciting to see a defense try a zero blitz because it usually meant a touchdown over the top.

the Giants played well but were so completely outclassed in talent. they impressed last year by doing so much with so little but it's obvious how much had to go right for them to succeed. those things are... not going right now. it's kind of wild how little talent that team has actually.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Solid win for a dinged-up Seahawks crew. If the Cowboys showed us anything, it's that you can't take any win for granted unless you're playing the Bears

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

mllaneza posted:

Speaking of rushing, former 49er Raheem Mostert had three TDs against the Broncos today. Miami's other RB had two. That's 285 yards rushing between the two.

Mostert had a 4th TD on a 20 yard catch and run, too

Miami looks scary

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

That late game where the crowd blew up and they false started even through the punt was hilarious. I have not seen the 12s mess with an opponent that much in a long time.

Icky Ekwonu had an absolutely brutal day

I have to say, Devon Witherspoon looked good, too! he was all over the field. I can see why Pete likes him so much. kind of crazy that he had basically no preseason and has just jumped in

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
there are *pieces* of this team that work really well. the offense can get clicking and march down the field, the run defense is much improved, and there's talent in the secondary. if they get healthy I could see them getting above mediocrity, but they still have huge issues with things like third downs that have been there for years of Pete Carroll teams.

I'm still convinced that the five week gauntlet from the Rams game to the Eagles game will break the season, but if they can get their tackles healthy maybe they can survive. Hey, why be a fan if you can't hope for success :shrug:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Pete is a really good coach with some frustrating weaknesses that people can get tired of watching after a decade and a half

but if you want to see the alternative check out what just happened when Denver hired a Serious Coach with a Superbowl Pedigree

That's what it can look like when the team makes an exciting hire, even!

Anyway I'm enjoying watching this team, when Geno gets rolling it's fun to watch and that's what I care about. They ought to beat the Giants and hit their bye at 3-1. At that point you've won too many games for a high draft pick. Maybe their dudes finally get healthy and they gel. Probably not, but if I didn't hope for that then why am I watching it's gambling I'm watching because gambling

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
well whatever, who wants a bluesky code

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
just want to give a shout out to Andy Dickerson, turning an o line missing four starters into a serviceable unit against Dexter Lawrence and Kayvon Thibedeau. this team has seen some truly crap o line play under Carroll and it's been refreshing to see them improve at last

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm mad about this even if it's a good thing

sportsfan.txt

DancingMachine posted:

That's good because JSN looks like a very high danger for ending up being a total bust.

he's what, the 4th receiving option after DK, Lockett, and Fant? give the guy some time and opportunity. I think he's more a "next year" investment.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah, it's sort of telling that people I saw elsewhere baying for blood on the Witherspoon selection have effortlessly moved their focus to JSN haha

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I think part of it has been the injured O line. on the intermediate to short game it's basically a target competition between JSN and the tight ends. well, if you're missing four starting linemen you're probably going to want your TEs in there a *lot*. and to his great credit Waldron has been using them really well. but I don't think we're going to see a ton of 11 personnel until the starting tackles are back.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

They're 3-1 while missing like 30 important starters and now have the bye week to get closer to full strength. I think that's pretty drat impressive actually, even with the soft schedule.

I really don't like this mindset of "oh they beat bad teams, so it doesn't count." Like what, are we supposed to win 100-0? Are we supposed to be not happy that we poo poo on and humiliated the Giants on national TV? Because that was rad as hell, and I feel bad if you didn't get something out of that.

I like this team, and I think they'll play better as the season goes on. There's a ton of pieces to get excited about.

this is where I am. how many past Seahawks teams would have folded like a cheap table with FOUR o line starters out? it seems like the team loses someone every quarter. this game was closer than it should have been but it was never in serious doubt

I'm really hoping their injury luck turns around post-bye though because once they hit the second Rams game that schedule gets brutal QUICK

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://x.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1712109577934692836?s=20

some real good LBs in this division

glad you're back on our side Bobby

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

It's no coincidence that the Seahawks run defense was abysmal last season and this season it is pretty good. Bobby was already a HOF lock, but the fact that he is still great is pretty amazing. And on top of that he sure looks like he is destined to get in to coaching once he ages out of playing.

who knew that replacing Cody Barton with Bobby Wagner would make a difference??

I also thought it was funny how the team was so annoyed at last season's DT play that they shitcanned basically the whole position group and started over. And hey, Jarran Reed has been playing great!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It's clear the Hawks have a ton of talent but they make so many dumb mistakes at the worst times. How many big plays or critical stops have been wiped out by penalties the last two weeks? Strange season.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
see, it's games like this that make feel better about an ugly win over the Cards

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m not sure they are all that talented.

Who is elite AND young-ish?

wow, you're right, when you add in qualifiers I didn't use that rule out half the team and then talk about a few individual players in an incredulous tone it doesn't sound all that good huh

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 24, 2023

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

fascinating

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Waltzing Along posted:

Bend but not break is a legitimate style if you do the other half which is get stops on 3rd down. But you can't just keep bending and bending and bending. The goal is to put the offense in the position where they have to keep converting and eventually they won't. But playing soft as coverages makes it pretty easy to convert.

But this season is done because anything other than a super bowl win is a failure. They pretty much have to go 9-0 out of the break to have a chance and that is not happening with this defense. Thanks NFL and your stupid playoff bye system which is completely broken. Team still has a legit shot at the #2 record which is meaningless now.

gosh, niners fans really are in full lostseason.txt

I'm gonna enjoy this before they wipe the floor with us twice in three weeks

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I think DK is a good WR, hot take, and I also don't think it's a coincidence that Lockett suddenly looked more open this week with DK back in the lineup.

Leonard Williams is a good player and will provide really valuable rotation for a fairly thin DT unit. A 2nd is steep but the Giants picking up his salary leaves a lot of flexibility. Seems like a win/win.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
That's an absolutely insane d line, but something tells me the Niners' defensive struggles have been more about scheme than personnel lately

I was actually rather shocked at how well the Seahawks makeshift' o line held up against Miles Garrett. entering full on "so you're saying there's a chance" mode until the Ravens obliterate them this weekend

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Weird how the run defense magically got better after they got rid of Cody Barton

Pete and John also got so mad at the IDL that they fired everyone and got new players, lol

all that plus Witherspoon and a healthy Jamal have made for a much improved run defense, although gosh do they need to work on screens as usual

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I Trust JT

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RhpsUAKINFg

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Carson, California

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

While I feel like CTE is too often the excuse for the NFL when they have face mental health issues, Thomas...

Yeah he was always kind of a controlled explosion of a human being but that seems to have changed. I feel terrible for him and his family

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Agreed, he doesn't have much of a shot, and I always believed that from 2012-2016 Earl was the best player on that whole defense. He's just always been a toxic weirdo.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I mean, the collective accolade they won was a Super Bowl ring :v: I don't think a collective memorialization would do better than that

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
[wolverine staring at a picture of kam] https://youtu.be/BIgvg0Mm6mY?si=G5YzowBO2FN8Qm3k

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
the Seahawks are going to lose their next five games lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I really hate Rams games. At least we're done with them for the year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
this is absolutely pathetic

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah this went about how I expected, lol

GG Niners

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Manoueverable posted:

Every facet of the Seahawks is absolutely terrible from coordinators to every position group on the field. Hurtt is an awful DC for the amount of talent we have, Waldron can't scheme guys open for poo poo, our star players don't perform at all except Bobby Wagner, it's just all absolute poo poo. I loving hate watching this team.

The defense played fine, they were just on the field constantly because the offense and ST poo poo themselves all over the place, per usual. I would call for Waldron to go but this is more of a consistent issue with Pete OCs. I think it's about time for the old man to hang it up.

The Niners have maximized their talent and look great. They're going to do this to all kinds of teams. But the Hawks needed everything to break right to survive this brutal stretch and instead everything has just broken.

e. searching for a silver lining, this team DOES have a lot more talent than two years ago. JSN looks cool and Witherspoon is a loving baller. Plus they haven't had their rookie RT in since week 1 and the LT has played well since healing up. If they bring in someone new they'll have a good foundation. But I'm finally in the "Pete retire" camp, this is pretty played out.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
lol VVG's av is Pete's last birthday cake