Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Reading that OP got me looking at the Rams' salary cap. 60mil in dead money just for ARob, Ramsey, and Leonard Floyd. Ooof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pain of Mind posted:

I was hoping they would draft Fields anyway.
Oh lawdy imagine Fields in Shanahan's offense.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

One of those Lance games last year was in a monsoon, so I bet his stats for that are bad. I dont think overall stats that Leperflesh are too indicative of anything (like he said) but some context can be helpful.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fisher

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m so hyped to watch Steve Avila the guard so cool things.

He so thicc and powerful and I love him.
But does he have a big butt? This is important.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I figured out why the Rams kept all their rookies (not my picture)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MakaVillian posted:

Give him whatever he wants you fools!

If it means not being able to re-sign Aiyuk next year so be it.
But Kyle's precious system needs weapons!

- some nerd

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spoeank posted:

Crazy that Bosa only got 5 years after Stewart Rhodes got 17 and Enrique Tarrio got 22
gottem

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Rams arent pulling fat drunk guys out of the stands to play OL so yeah I'm not surprised that they're better than last year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SourKraut posted:

Well he's never going to reach Tom Brady levels of success with that attitude!
Hey, hey, he can leave her once she is pregnant with their child. Then later on, kiss his children on the lips. He is still young, he has time.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

rjmccall posted:

Not sure I’ve ever seen back to back Thursday games before
The back-to-back Thursday games have been happening consistently the past few years, only the week after Thanksgiving: two of the six teams that played on Thanksgiving play the following Thursday.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mustached Demon posted:

I would like it if the Seahawks beat the Cowboys.

gently caress the Cowboys takes precedent over all other teams.
What about Establish The Run?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mustached Demon posted:

I said teams, not ideals one should aspire to achieve.

If the cowboys sought to Establish the Run I would say gently caress you I don't believe your sincerity.
You got me there. I'm drinking heavily so I was not very eloquent but you got my point anyway.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

algebra testes posted:

I am enjoying watching Dallas get destroyed.
Big same. This game has brought me a lot of joy and i have no stakes in it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Stolen from a friend:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm not a fan of an NFC West team but I thought of you guys when I saw this:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Real funny catching up on the last two pages of this thread. Specifically the 9ers fans. I am not sure I ever seen the Jags be so incredibly bad coming off of their bye, and I have seen them play a lot of bad football. I am disappointed that the Jags held CMC without a TD, but, in hind-sight, I'm glad they didnt give it away for free at the end there.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nervous posted:

Debating buying one and shipping it to a 49ers fan at work.
Ooh now I want to do this for a friend. But he might be reading this and also I dont have his address.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Waltzing Along posted:

Hire an additional ref to sit in a booth and look at monitor. They have a button to hit if they see an uncalled flag, and every flat that is called, they get 30 seconds to review and see if it is wrong. It wouldn't be perfect but it would be so much better.
This has been suggested for years and

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It wouldn’t matter because the refs refused to change their rulings out of spite at having their judgement questioned. They only overturned 13 out of 81 calls the one season it was allowed.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hey I think I caught a few Deebo blocks in there too!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If I am going to be mad at anyone it will be the NFL for having an arbitrary limit of 5 modern players per year, which is a loving stupid limit.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Seahawks taking their medicine
https://x.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1765100265563156532

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Why is Colby Parkinson getting paid? He barely did anything with all the WRs garnering all the attention in Seattle. Is he an amazing blocker?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fields was done dirty by one of the worst and least flexible playcallers in modern NFL history.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm seeing a rumor of Sam Howell to the Seahawks. If its true that'll mean no Justin Fields to the Seahawks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm seeing a rumor of Sam Howell to the Seahawks. If its true that'll mean no Justin Fields to the Seahawks.
https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1768367496908681689

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Papercut posted:

Never forget Geno's "oh my God!"
This was one of the first things I thought of when I thought of Aaron Donald retiring lmao

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1783686167235379259

I wonder if the Cardinals draft a RB to be the heir apparent behind Conner so they can establish the run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MakaVillian posted:

Scouting report says he's a willing blocker. I cannot imagine Lynch/Shanahan would ever take an early WR that didn't run block.

From reading various scouting reports he seems like a perfect fit in Shanahan's system, however the draft value doesn't seem to be there. If you like him, either trade back into the early 2nd round (Carolina might've been open) or make a different pick at 31 (DB) and use your 10,000 compensatory picks to move up in the 2nd and get him.
The draft value is subjective though. The talking heads on TV dont value the picks or do the scouting that the teams do or the grade that the teams have for players. Just like the Falcons knew they may not be able to trade back and still get Penix, the 9ers probably knew someone else was hoping to land him so they just made the pick. I could be wrong, but at this point I would trust that FO to make the right move because they know something that we dont.