Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

My buddy went to Vegas in the summer of '99, so I gave him $10 to put on the Rams to win the SB. I won $2,000.

It's the only bet I've ever made.

After that kind of win, why bother risking a perfect record?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
All told, this is San Francisco's division to lose and Seattle only has a chance if the Niners get extremely unlucky with injuries or if Purdy turns into a pumpkin.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I legitimately cannot believe multiple people picked the Seahawks to win the division. This team is already dead and buried.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Man it sucks to have lost all hope after Week 1.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Tweak posted:

on the brightside the mariners are in the hunt and the kraken start in one month :smith:

Sorry to say, the Ms burned themselves out getting into first place for about a week. The rest of the season is going to be a slow death.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Firing Darrell Bevell is really turning out to be way more of a monkey's paw situation than even I anticipated. We keep getting fool's gold offenses that get solved in the last quarter of every season and now we can't even make it that far even with a receiving corps everyone penciled as top 5 preseason.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Given how some of our seasons have started 2-1 is fine, but I'm really disappointed in how the secondary has played so far. Every source I could see thought it was their defensive strength but we still call some of the softest zones in the NFL that get carved up every week, and we still die to tight ends just running up the seam.

I don't think it's going to get any better when Jamal Adams comes back either, not with his injury history.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
There was really never any point after the Super Bowl loss where you could argue the Hawks were any better than the 3rd best team in the league. Maybe it's my sports PTSD, but there was never a sense we'd beat the playoff teams we lost to, or that talent-wise we were real contenders. Not Carolina, not Green Bay, not even Dallas that one year.

For as wild and crazy as most of our regular season games have been over the years, our playoff games since SB49 have mostly been pretty bland affairs except the Vikings game. We've beaten who we were favored against but never upset anyone, either.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I will say that after the Super Bowl years the team definitely has had a bad trend of coming out flat and unprepared for playoff games. Carolina, Atlanta, Green Bay, Rams, to name a few. Terrible old man football gameplans on offense and/or getting carved up on defense, which put us in situations even RWBS couldn't overcome. For the most part, the Hawks have been gatekeepers to the Divisional Round, just like the Packers (and now I guess the Niners :v: ) have been gatekeepers to the Championship Games.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 25, 2023

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Really, the surest sign that I won't believe in the Hawks doing anything major this season is the fact that they got blown the gently caress out by the Rams.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The gospel of the run knows no forbidden lands. It touches and purifies even the most accursed ground.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I mean, a lot of why people talked up JSN as a draft pick was that he could be the short to intermediate target across the middle that we've lacked. If he's not being put in that position, I'm thinking some of the blame there might lay at Waldron's feet as well.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It really, really feels like unless something goes horribly awry, you can write in the Niners for at least the NFCCG right now. In pen.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

The Eagles are the only reason why I didn't put this down. But for all the poo poo talking about how poo poo the NFC is I don't see an AFC team that can match the Niners, not with the Bills losing the way they have right after blowing out the Dolphins.

But then again I've said "just hand the Packers the Lombardi now" in years past and look what happened there.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I wanted to join in on the SOSAR but that benefitted the Steelers, so I am forced to say it with a sigh and shake of the head rather than utter glee.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Y'all, come on, it's the Vikings.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Manoueverable posted:

Y'all, come on, it's the Vikings.

Lol

Lmao

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Edna Mode posted:

A+ jinx, excellent work.

Just like I planned it :smug:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The thing is, the Hawks do have a lot of young talent, but are also very thin and/or bad up front on both sides year after year. This isn't going to change, so we won't be serious contenders. I'm just along for the ride.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I don't know if Geno is a good enough QB where he can have a run of games playing out of his mind in the playoffs like Flacco or Foles, or whether the team around him is good enough to win if he plays like that, but there's only one way to know for sure.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Yeah, never mind what I said. Hawks need to blow it up. This ain't it.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

Walker and Charbonnet had a good combined game of run establishment that allowed Geno to thrive. I'd call that a success.

We've definitely gotta do this more. It feels like we suffered a lot offensively because we got away from it.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
DK really is incredibly overrated, maybe the most overrated player in the whole league, and I hope a team out there is dumb enough to offer a high pick for him so the Hawks can make him someone else's problem.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That doesn’t mean they are likely to make substantial progress in the playoffs. Carroll has a history of losing wildcard games when he has the more talented team, much less when facing roughly equally talented trams.

This part here is absolutely not true, the only game I can think of where this was the case was the Cowboys game (and that was the year Bobby was injured). The last 2 years we did not have the more talented team, the offense was totally cooked for all of December before facing the Rams and last year was the Niners buzzsaw.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 31, 2023

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Purdy being bad/hurt the last couple weeks has kind of overshadowed Geno not playing very well, too. It's hard to tell whether Geno is turning back into a pumpkin or if it's something he can overcome.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I know the term's been memed to a level where it doesn't mean anything anymore, but the Hawks are about as close to a fraud team as there is right now. Just deceptively awful across the board.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Both Earl and Kam had years and/or their careers cut short by injuries as well. Kam probably could have been in the Hall on the first or second ballot if he'd played 3 or 4 more seasons at the level before his injury, and if he'd won Super Bowl MVP like he deserved.

I agree that Sherm and Bobby, and maybe Pete because of his sustained regular season success are the only ones who will get in. Frankly, if they'd gotten that second ring, there's a solid chance that with time others on the team like Marshawn would have eventually been inducted. But that's for an alternate better universe to consider.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It feels weird to think that the Hawks are 6-3 going on 7-7 at best, and the Ravens losing like that makes us look even more fraudulent than we already have looked.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
At this point, the Seahawks should tank for a better draft pick. They won't, but they should because they won't make the playoffs with their remaining schedule.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
One of my friends is legitimately trying to argue Geno over Purdy and I just can't, not with how he's playing right now.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Every facet of the Seahawks is absolutely terrible from coordinators to every position group on the field. Hurtt is an awful DC for the amount of talent we have, Waldron can't scheme guys open for poo poo, our star players don't perform at all except Bobby Wagner, it's just all absolute poo poo. I loving hate watching this team.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Edna Mode posted:

I'd like to say Pete has earned the right to retire on his own terms, but I don't think he'd ever do so voluntarily.

It'll be a big bummer when he does leave, I feel like he brings such a unique culture to the NFL and players across the board seem to really love playing for him. So many coaches are just assholes or weirdo nerds and I've always appreciated having Pete's positive energy.

Yeah, there's no chance whoever follows Pete will be anywhere near as successful or popular. When he goes, the team is going to the cellar for the next 20 years.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
drat I hate this team so much.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
drat, maybe y'all should've done something about it then.

just don't look at my post history for how I thought last night was gonna turn out, okay?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
So are we at the beginning of the end for the Hawks or are we already halfway to hell?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
God it's really going to be Cowboys-Niners in the NFCCG isn't it?

I hate it here, man.

e: agreeing with the calls to get Jamal and DK the hell off my team, absolute wastemen.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The thing is, Lock will most likely go for 150 yards and 3 INTs this week. Which is fine, I don't expect much better.

What's way more worrying to me is that we had a solid period of the team looking like geniuses for dumping Russ and trending in the right direction with rebuilding, but now the pendulum has swung back to what we all suspected in the first place.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I don't trust Lock to put up numbers even against a bad Eagles secondary.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I lament a lot about the Hawks being bad but I've made peace with them never getting to a Super Bowl again and I'm happy I got to see them win one in my lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
lol and, if I may, lmao

Season somehow still alive bitches! :hawksin: