Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cousins is fine pre-January, Jimmy's fine when healthy

Both are extremely preferable to Lance at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/1694482704774078625?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1700325841094287435?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stafford and McVay begging each other for a year to retire first already so the other won't have to justify their own to the press

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With baseball included, the top 5 worst teams for me are Pats Chiefs Cards Astros Red Sox, Yankees finally out of it just because they're finally comfortably bad again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JPrime posted:

have the pirates been relevant since roberto clemente was alive?

1979 (7 years after his death) they won the World Series

In the 44 years since then, they've made playoffs 6 times and gotten past the first round once

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

It really, really feels like unless something goes horribly awry, you can write in the Niners for at least the NFCCG right now. In pen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They got a year pass because they were actually in the right on the Russ situation

They shouldn't get much longer of a pass for that alone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I just recalled the time Earl flipped off the seahawks - his own team - when he was getting carted off the filed for a broken leg

Nah, he was and is absolutely correct for doing that. They wouldn't pay him or trade him, told him to play if he wanted to earn one, and the leg break came on game 4 https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/01/earl-thomas-middle-finger-seattle-seahawks-nfl-leg-fracture

It was maybe the last understandable thing he did, but it was understandable nonetheless. It's almost 2024, the "management is in the right on all contract holdouts always" mentality needs to die a long-overdue death

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Sean McVay, the millennial that he is, is quiet quitting his head coaching job.

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats on the division, Niners

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's a top 5 Jets QB, that's as far as I'll go

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Russ played the long game on the Pete feud

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

I don't think keeping a (currently) mediocre coach because the next hire might be worse is necessarily the right move.

Pretty much

If you're going to move on, it's always better to do it too early instead of too late. If you think you'll suck for a decade without him, while you've underperformed the last year or two (this would be three in a row) with him, underperforming another three years with him doesn't get rid of that "suck for a decade without him" option, it just adds three more wasted years onto it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Even if we assume he’s a good coach, which I think is a stretch of an argument in 2023, he’s a poo poo de facto gm.

Yep, and ask the Pats fans here how infuriating that can be to deal with. Especially knowing the only way to get rid of the GM is to get rid of the HC because he'll never just stop being the GM part willingly

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Russ will have a winning record again before the Seahawks' next playoff win. I'm a Bronco hater and take no pleasure in reporting this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

harperdc posted:

Heavens forbid Mahomes may have to play a playoff game on the road at this rate. Unreal.

Or they could miss playoffs entirely :getin:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A lot would need to happen in this last month imo for MVP to not be a Niner

This has been the craziest/best year in a while, so I expect a lot to happen this month regardless. But still

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm so happy for Lock, man. That ruled :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If the Rams are against the Lions in playoffs I believe they advance. That's it though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

The rams are going to get bounced in the wild card round but it’s amazing they were able to get in this year

If they play the Lions Stafford's getting revenge

(Between that, Flacco/Ravens, and Baker/Browns each being possible, this playoffs could be extremely funny)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Deebo will want to play becuase he is 150 or so receiving yards from 1000. I'm pretty sure it is less than that but it's more than 125.

129, per ESPN https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3126486/deebo-samuel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The correct call, if anything I'm shocked Jody made it and they didn't sugarcoat it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The defense finally makes a stop and Purdy throws a pick anyway. A score away from saying this is done

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The defense finally makes a stop and Purdy throws a pick anyway. A score away from saying this is done

There's the score. :fork:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

There's the score. :fork:

Piling on at this point. D can't stop poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Now that's how you stop poo poo!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is an all-time Detroit collapse, even by Detroit collapse standards

It was 24-7

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

Barry Bonds not being in the HOF should revoke everyones ballot imo.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Coldforge posted:

I didn't even know there were this many QBs in the entire draft class.

There's nobody even above average right now planned for next year's, so people are jumping at anything because otherwise it's realistically 2 years in the basement minimum