Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"I am pro run, but I sure as hell won't pay for it!" -NFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Cat Hassler posted:

My bold prediction is that the Seattle Seahawks will be as good or even a bit better than they were last year

While I am willing to expect less, I actually do think they have measurable reasons to expect more than last year.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Dee Eskridge decided to make the hard decision of getting cut by himself: https://sports.yahoo.com/seahawks-wr-dee-eskridge-suspended-194834291.html

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Jake Bobo wins for silliest name and best "who" for the first preseason night.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Our DB depth seems good

Our LB depth is not

Michael Bennett is an excellent sideline reporter

KING5 is terrible at broadcasting live events

WR depth seems great

Charbonnet is really fun to watch

Goddamn KING5 is terrible at broadcasting live events

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

harperdc posted:

For Whatever Reason, the NFL Gamepass coverage I was watching would flip between the Seahawks and Vikings coverage sometimes from one series to the next. It was weird. No, no option to choose the feed ala MLB/NBA apps.

It's probably because the King5 coverage kept dropping to a technical difficulties screen repeatedly in the first half.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
On the plus side, Jamal Adams is coming off the PUP tomorrow and will start doing practice walkthroughs so fingers crossed. Brooks is expected to be in action for week 1.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Look. I get that the preseason is about giving reps to the bench and finding the line between bench and practice squad and cut, but holy poo poo the Rams looked loving dire tonight. If that is their depth... why did Aaron Donald come back?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Reasons = dollars. Got it and no argument.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Strength of schedule usually swings pretty wildly throughout the season as there are always teams punching above/blow their weight, so I wouldn't make assumptions based on that. I think the team is stronger in most areas but there is no question the DL is awful and everyone is going to take advantage of that. I still see the team doing about as well as last year if they can stay healthy.

If you like The Run, watch Seahawks games. We have some good RBs and no DL, so plenty of ground yards all around!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looks like DeeJay Dallas got cut. Didn't expect that.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It is clear he was never going to be the guy, but he was reliable. I'm sure he will be picked up by another team rather than falling to the practice squad.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Huh, looks like DeeJay didn't get cut. I wonder why he made social media posts yesterday implying that.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looks like the Seahawks are looking to continue the gamble on Adams by restructuring his contract. I would have thought they would keep it in place so they had a rip cord after this season, but here we are:

quote:

Adams was set to have a base salary of $11M in 2023. A player of his experience has a minimum salary of $1.08M for 2023, meaning the Seahawks could convert $9.92M of base salary into signing bonus. Doing that would free up $6.613M of cap space by pushing $3.306M into each of 2024 and 2025 while reducing Adams’ 2023 cap hit from $18.11M to $11.497M

As a result of the restructure, Adams will now have cap hits of $26.916M in 2024 and $27.916M in 2025, while the team would carry a dead cap charge of $20.833M in 2024 if he is released following the 2023 season.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: :lol:

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 7, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't think the Seahawks are going to be bad. They still have a lot of talent on that roster despite the clear issues. That said, I think they are going to be a fringe playoff team and part of that is because they play 4 games against the Rams and Cardinals.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Lifespan posted:

I don't think the Seahawks are going to be bad. They still have a lot of talent on that roster despite the clear issues. That said, I think they are going to be a fringe playoff team and part of that is because they play 4 games against the Rams and Cardinals.

I still think the Rams and Cards will suck this year, but go ahead and throw in the Seahawks in at this point. They looked so disinterested in playing this week in every way. I still think they have a lot of talent on the roster, but keep that up and this will be Carroll's retirement party. The fact that they are fighting injuries in week 1 and their bye is in week 5, yikes.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, it's going to be a blood bath. Any bets on how many sweeps is K9 is going to be running on Sunday?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wow. I thought it was going to be a blow out, but Seahawks managed to pull that out despite a lot of gently caress ups. While Detroit's DL beat the poo poo out of ghost of Seattle's OL, they did shockingly well at not letting a lineman leak through for a quick sack. Hell, I think the only sack was that gently caress up that Geno made at the end of regulation. Tre Brown with that big sack followed up by a pick 6, :kiss:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Just saw that Arizona is up 20-0 on the Giants at halftime. Holy poo poo the Giants are baaaaaaaaad

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Lifespan posted:

Just saw that Arizona is up 20-0 on the Giants at halftime. Holy poo poo the Giants are baaaaaaaaad

And the Cards are baaaaaaaaad

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

That's actually really cool. TNF is definitely the best broadcast group in the NFL right now.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looks like half of the Seahawks are out tomorrow, but apparently Jamal Adams isn't one of them.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Seems likely.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Why does the Seahawks OL seem to get better the deeper they go in to the roster? Do Cross and Lucas actually just suck or did Waldron get some help?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

EmbryoSteve posted:

Andy Dalton had 361 yards passing and I think this game is a lot closer if the panthers didn't false start 8 times lmao. Regardless, go hawks

That late game where the crowd blew up and they false started even through the punt was hilarious. I have not seen the 12s mess with an opponent that much in a long time.

Benne posted:

Good to see the Seahawks handle their business, but my God the injuries are really piling up. This is the one year I'm actually happy there's an early bye week, because they were literally running out of bodies at CB and the O-line.

Yeah, I thought the early bye was awful but who knew it would actually be good this year.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Witherspoon looked great. I am not convinced he is at Woolen's level yet, but if the both of them are healthy and click together with Diggs and Adams (if he ever plays again), that could be a crazy secondary.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Totally true, which is why it is so odd to just see him fall off a cliff in Denver.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He was running hot and cold for a few years before that and his WR group in Denver is a big step down. I think he was obviously declining even in Seattle and the combination of going to a team with horrible coaching and middling talent, physical decline, and his struggles playing in structure made it look like he just hit the wall all at once.

I still think there is at least one more element, but I do agree with this. He was never less than good, but the last couple of seasons in Seattle he wasn't always the sure thing he had been in previous seasons and even if he ended up being great in Denver, I think it was the right time for both to move on. He also always had a great WR lineup and usually at least a decent TE to target the whole time which you can't say about his short time in Denver. I would have blamed it heavily on coaching, but early on Payton doesn't appear to have made him more than average for a starting QB and he won't have the advantage of "experience and conditioning" making things better.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I am no stranger to throwing plenty of poo poo at Jamal Adams (actually more at how much the Seahawks have paid/traded for him despite his injury issues), but this is the best athlete press conference I have ever heard. He is brutally honest and emotional and I just can't help but root for him after this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc16pq7wSIM

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

seiferguy posted:

I've never been so happy for an early week bye before.

100% this. The injury gods want revenge for last season. Also, Witherspoon has gone from "this guy is a bit hit or miss" to " holy poo poo" really fast. The last time a Seahawk has become such a great Swiss Army knife on defense was Jamal Adams and... oh.

But also, the New York Football Giants are loving incredible garbage, so big grain of salt on how great the Seahawks defense was tonight. I'll take that win though.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DancingMachine posted:

That's good because JSN looks like a very high danger for ending up being a total bust.

It has only been 4 games but yeah... he is not doing great. It's not that Bobo has the speed to take over for him, but as Niners fan apparently love, he at least has great blocking instincts that payoff. On that same topic, I have really turned around on Dissly because I think his offense fell off a cliff after his injuries but his blocking has been fantastic. He and Fant make a really unique TE duo that are interesting.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Biggest shame so far is Adams. I hope that scrappy hard hitting safety linebacker hybrid gets to stay healthy!!!

At this point I was just glad when he went down that it wasn't some career ending soft tissue injury.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Is this the part where I point out that the Bay Area is not actually NorCal? NorCal and The Bay can agree gently caress SoCal, but they are their own things.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 6, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Papercut posted:

The 200 people that live north of the Bay Area are very adamant about that point

Also no one lives in the US outside of LA and NYC, the rest is towns from old westerns. The Trailblazers also play in the state of "Oreegone"

trilljester posted:

As a lifelong Northern California resident I've never had any issue with the San Diego teams. In fact, San Diego is my favorite place to vacation in California. I also went to college there, so there's a bit of a bias.

I actually agree with this. San Diego is pretty cool city with stupid good food and usually bad sports teams so I can't hate on them.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

OGS-Remix posted:

In the official NFL 49ers vs Browns preview, the narrator says: in Cleveland fans are realizing happy endings are harder to come by without Watson under center.

:lol:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It's no coincidence that the Seahawks run defense was abysmal last season and this season it is pretty good. Bobby was already a HOF lock, but the fact that he is still great is pretty amazing. And on top of that he sure looks like he is destined to get in to coaching once he ages out of playing.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Away from home and the NFL hates its fans, so couldn't catch the Seattle game. Looks like I didn't miss much.

I did at least get to watch the Niners lose which was fun. Big Bust Brock out there proving you blew that 262nd pick...

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 16, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams defeated the Cardinals in a Week 6 NFL matchup 26-9

Plagiarizing Magic Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Been on a business trip for the last two weeks and finally got to watch an NFL game. It was worth the wait. :lol: