Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Oh Benne, a poo poo post tag? :baduk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Praise be to the Patron Saint of The Run

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

harperdc posted:

Fixed it! :schotty:

:haibrow:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

and The Run. Name a more iconic duo.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Lance needed to be healthy and get good reps and he's really been able to get neither of those things in 3 years. He could probably still turn it around but i'm not sure if the 49ers are the place where he can/will, the team is built to win now and I don't know that Lance is.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

I don't know that he's a bust, if only because he hasn't had much of a chance to show anything.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Not super surprising but poor Lance

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1694419977397272870?s=20

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

NBC Bay Area has kind of confirmed Pelissero

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/trey-lance-sam-darnold-backup-qb/1650089/

"The team is in the process of “exploring all options,” a source confirmed Wednesday morning to NBC Sports Bay Area."

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

To Dallas for a 4th.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1695215985832161491?s=20

Didn't see Dallas coming

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I feel like this is the essence of selling at the bottom, it would have been better to at least let him play one more preseason game, since he looked OK in the last one. Might have got more for him.

There's a dead money cap hit too. Yuck.

Who is gonna be our QB3?

No way you let him play anymore before you trade him. With his/49ers luck he'd suffer a Alex Smith type injury.

They save 940k this year and next year they save over 5 million.

Brandon Allen is QB3

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Failson posted:

They're just going to send Murray out in a walking cast, aren't they?

Kyler is starting on the PUP list, so will be out at least 4 weeks. Which i'm sure he'll put to good use in CoD.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Oh good. I was wondering why they would release Hyder (and to a lesser extent Bryant)

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Bell flashed some brilliant play, albeit against other teams' #2s and 3s, I'm excited to see what he can do. I thought maybe Willie Snead would grab the last WR spot, because of his experience. And yeah I've got trepidations about our kicker situation.

If Bell can catch the goddamn ball he'll be great, every time I watched him it took like 3 guys to tackle him.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Benne posted:

....does he though?

Only the important things:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Give him whatever he wants you fools!

If it means not being able to re-sign Aiyuk next year so be it.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1699508619316805898?s=20

:woop:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Crazy that Bosa only got 5 years after Stewart Rhodes got 17 and Enrique Tarrio got 22

:trumppop:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Manoueverable posted:

I legitimately cannot believe multiple people picked the Seahawks to win the division.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

SoFi may have had more dolphin fans than chargers fans last week. This is not strictly a Rams issue. It's an L.A. issue.

Sounds like an excuse a fan of the SOSAR would come up with :colbert:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

Bosa needs to pick it up. I get that he missed all of training camp so Ill give him a pass for now. Drake Jackson has been really good so far though.

He started getting better in the 4th so hopefully that's the jump start he needs

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Papercut posted:

Thursday games are always a poo poo show so who knows but the Niners *should* win handily

Yup. Without Saquon I don't see how the Giants win, but Thursdays are ridiculous.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Well he's never going to reach Tom Brady levels of success with that attitude!

Lest we forget that Tom was dating a C-list actress before he met Giselle

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I think Purdy needs to work on accuracy a bit. He did have some very nice throws, but also a couple that could have been intercepted and a handful that were just off target, including a couple that receivers stretched and caught anyway to bail him out a bit.

Definitely the most inaccurate i've seen him be, but as Play said, much of that could be attributed to the Giants blitzing all the time.

Lifespan posted:

That's actually really cool. TNF is definitely the best broadcast group in the NFL right now.

Al Michaels has definitely checked out though

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Qwijib0 posted:

I am sad we're out of first place in the draft pick race

but gently caress the cowboys.

:haibrow:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Believe In The Run.

Amen

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

I know they lost in the NFC championship, but it's going to feel super weird when the 49ers lose because of normal things and not their QBs arm being ripped off.

Purdy had one incompletion, one!

Also Aiyuk is the best pure WR on the 49ers and its not close.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Lose? Without injuries? Does that actually happen?

I've heard old timers from 2004 say so, but maybe they're suffering from dimentia

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

algebra testes posted:

I cannot wait for the Niners/Cowboys/Niners/Eagles stretch.

I too like watching the Seahawks lose :getin:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

The highest of honours

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/1709721975453626682?s=20

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

that's the list. i don't feel anything about other teams

i suppose i'm slightly fond of the chargers and bengals

I honestly have no hate in my heart for either Baltimore or KC

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

My main Saints grudge is against the refs for that stupid roughing the passer on Brees that was clearly a clean tackle which led to them winning that game which gave SEA HFA in the NFCCG and ultimately the super bowl.

If the refs get the call right, the niners likely win it all that year.

I still have a grudge against the refs for that game.

Shame they let Hyder go, but taking a flyer on more potential edge pressure isn't bad.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Schwack posted:

49ers need to go back to Serious Old School coaches like Mike Nolan. They lost a lot of games, but at least they looked ready for business meetings when they did it and that's what really counts. Arizona being the only divisional basket-case isn't nearly as much fun.

Nolan's tacky suit was worth at least a half a win per season

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Not really NFC West related anymore, but watching Broncos vs Jets and not being able to tell which Wilson is the worse QB at this point, is a moment of pure joy in my life.

Imagine telling your past self that Russell Wilson would lose a fumble in the last 30 seconds of a game and seal a defeat.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

It's always fun beating the Cowboys, absolutely destroying them is amazing

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

feller posted:

It's been a while since I enjoyed a regular season game as much as that one.

One of the funnest and funniest 49er games I've ever watched

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

mllaneza posted:

Mason had 10 caries for a nice 69 yards and a TD last night. Any competent RB would be balling out behind this o-line.

For sure, I mean that's the Shanahan system, but CMC is on another planet and accordingly has helped make the offence take a huge leap.

Manoueverable posted:

The Eagles are the only reason why I didn't put this down. But for all the poo poo talking about how poo poo the NFC is I don't see an AFC team that can match the Niners, not with the Bills losing the way they have right after blowing out the Dolphins.

But then again I've said "just hand the Packers the Lombardi now" in years past and look what happened there.

I absolutely could see the Dolphins, Bills and Chiefs beating the 49ers. McDaniel has that offence humming, when Josh Allen is on his game he's unstoppable plus the Bills have a good defence and thr Chiefs are still the Chiefs until proven otherwise.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

I can't quite find the correct metric for it but I think Brock reads better than Jimmy G. He's quick at seeing which routes are probably the most open and he puts the ball there. Brock sees the window and hits it. Jimmy G was more prone to bad reads.

He's slightly faster getting the ball out than 2019 Jimmy G. Brock has better >20 yd passes I think but he also has better receivers. Then having CMC probably puts exploitable coverage on Auyik.

Great seeing Mason get lots of touches. CMC didn't need to have a monster game to bury the cowboys. Still racked up plenty of rushing yards and that's what we like.

Brock is by far a better reader than Jimmy G, both pre-snap and post-snap when he has to adjust.

It was great seeing Mason get lots of touches and doing something with them too.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Papercut posted:

They've had basically no injuries at all so far, it's pretty remarkable. Please don't let this be a jinx.

Aaron Banks might have a longer term bicep injury apparently

Edit: /\ Yes I'm always worried when he doesn't immediately pop up

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Whew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

I was thinking today at work while seeing a lot of national football writers starting to pump up Fred Warner's (early) case for DPOY after he was getting pretty high praise during the broadcast on Sunday night and Micah Parsons was basically invisible throughout the game. Luke Kuechly was the last non-pass rusher to win that award back in 2013, and it feels like public sentiment has gone even further in that direction over the last few years as all the armchair GMs online talk about how off-ball linebacker is a 'non-premium position', so it feels pretty remarkable that the media is even talking about him in that light, and it got me thinking about his career as a whole. Fred's already a 2-time Pro Bowler/All-Pro and will almost certainly add another to both categories at the end of this year unless he gets hurt, and he's been the more or less undisputed best player in the league at his position since Kuechly retired after the 2019 season. He's still only 26 (turns 27 next month) and if he can play another 3-4 years at this level which is really just the remainder of his athletic prime, it feels like you could start to make a really solid Hall of Fame case for him already no matter how the back end of his career turns out. He'll have the accolades and both the individual and team success, and the Niners defense has been the most consistent year-over-year defense since the Legion of Boom and the Von Miller-era Broncos disintegrated.

I think Fred would need a DPOY/Super Bowl ring/another 1-2 All-Pro nods to get in the HOF. But yeah he's definitely the best "pure" LB in the league