Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I still think it is difficult to make any conclusions with how little Lance has played, but also by potentially lucking out with Purdy being startable Lance might not get the chance. I am not a football player, but I am a goon, so the closest analogy I can think of is when the Guitar Hero type games were popular in the late 2000s. If you play Guitar Hero a bunch the game seems to slow down as your brain gets better at processing the information or however that works, but if you take a break for a period of time it seems too fast and difficult whenever you go back to it, even if you were good at it just a few months before. Someone who had years of being a good QB like Watson missed less time than when Lance last played a full season of football and still looked like garbage when he came back. I am not saying Lance is going to be good, but I am not confident we have enough information to determine that now either :shrug:. I was hoping they would draft Fields anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Still kind of underwhelmed, I was hoping to see him play for a season to see what they actually had.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
If Arizona does not have the first pick in next years draft all of the coaches are fired.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

King Hong Kong posted:

Considering every media portrayal of SF is like 5 landmarks at most, it’s not surprising they can’t make the South Bay work, but there’s plenty of cool enough stuff if you’re creative.

I flew into SJC last year as the 49ers-Buccaneers game was ending and it was a pretty neat sight with the lights on.

I grew up like a 10 minute drive from what is considered the South Bay and live about 30 minutes from it now, and I can count on my fingers the number of times I actually went there to do something. Maybe a few concerts and Sharks/49er games? It offers nothing culturally that any random bay area suburb cannot fulfill.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 25, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Purdy is dramatically better than Garoppolo, there is no way Jimmy G was making half of those passes yesterday.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Nervous posted:

Jesus christ, I just looked at the 49ers remaining schedule and they're going to be favored in every game but @Eagles aren't they?

I would not be surprised if they are favored against the Eagles at this moment. So far the 49ers only game that was decided by less than 3 scores or more was the Rams game, and in hindsight the Rams are a lot stronger this year than anticipated. The Eagles were within one score of WAS, who just got blown up by the Bears, the Vikings who are pretty mediocre, and the Pats who look to be one of the worst teams in the league at the moment. Obviously that is super oversimplified, since the Eagles beat the Rams by more than the 49ers did if you want to use alternative dumb metrics to determine team power after 5 weeks, but I think it is almost likely they will be favored using gambling lines as a metric the rest of the year, assuming no star player injuries. I don't think they will go undefeated though.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Every time McCaffrey gets tackled I hold my breath until he gets up.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
While a Super Bowl would be nice, I would settle for the 49ers being an eternal playoff nemesis for the Cowboys and Packers. Sending them home makes it a season well done. I think it is better to beat them in the playoffs so it stings more, a bad season is easy to tune out.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Why would the 49ers play any of their key players? Let them play a down for contract stuff if it matters, then bench them.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Stop trying to jinx it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Jimmy G is what Purdy haters imagine when they describe Purdy.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Once Deebo gets a new contract he might be able to afford to move to the peninsula.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

I live where all the retired chuds and cops from California move to. Our house value has doubled since we bought it in 17'. Lots of SF fans here.

This does not narrow it down at all. Summerlin NV, Redding, Texas, Walnut Creek? I always think it is weird how arbitrary the "wealth" of the bay area is. I do not mean to current high income people, I just mean some teacher or nurse randomly taking a job out here in 1940 leads to multiple millions of dollars, when at the time it was no different than anywhere else. It also leads to situations where people have a lot of networth from inherited (or bought in the 70's) housing, but they have never been rich at any point in their life.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I still think they should be able to bet on stuff they would want to be doing anyway. Like, you can bet on your team to win because you should want to win anyway, but you cannot bet on your team to lose because then you can throw the game to win your bet. Nothing with spread type stuff where point shaving is possible.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Getting rid of Shanahan is insane. Their problem was that Purdy barely had time to throw, and for whatever reason this year their defense seemed to give up these intermediate depth plays all of the time. I do not have the football vocabulary to describe it with football terms, but they were ok at preventing deep balls, they were good at stopping the run, but these quick 7-10 yard passes ate them up all year long. So many 3rd and 10 that lead to a first down.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Also, I feel like this discussion came up in the offseason this year or last year, but apparently I am the anomaly in that I would rather be constantly good and never win, instead of win once and then suck for 20 years. Watching football is a fun hobby for me, and it is a lot more fun when they are good. By making the Superbowl, I got near the maximum amount of football enjoyment for the season. If the 49ers intercepted that last pass and won, I would be happy for maybe 30 minutes longer and 10 years from now I would watch the highlights on youtube, but it is not like I get any revenue sharing.