Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams will win the NFC West and Matthew Stafford will be MVP of the National Football League

Prediction: The Rams will have 2 losses to the Niners, where Stafford throws at least 1 pick 6 and possibly even a couple more in each game, thus destroying his MVP chances. Javon Hargrave and Nick Bosa will haunt Stafford's dreams every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

MakaVillian posted:

I don't know that he's a bust, if only because he hasn't had much of a chance to show anything.

100% this. The question is, will he ever get a chance to show anything if Purdy is named QB1? I mean sure, there's a chance Purdy gets hurt, then does Shanahan go to Darnold or Lance?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Coldforge posted:

Honestly shocked. Good luck, Lance.

Me too. I was thinking they would keep him as QB3 in case of injury. But I guess they're Ok with Brandon Allen?!???

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

MakaVillian posted:

Oh good. I was wondering why they would release Hyder (and to a lesser extent Bryant)

Happy to see Ronnie Bell made it. Can't believe they kept that kicker Moody.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
That CMC guy might be kinda good. Same with that Purdy kid. Just overall dominant performance by the Niners on both sides of the ball. Oh yeah, Moody looked great today. My kicking fears are temporarily alleaved.

Go Niners

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The league in general is really stupid about undervaluing top tier running backs. At the time a lot of people thought the 49ers were stupid for making the trade.

It's because of his injury history. That's what all the hot takes were when he got traded.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

DeimosRising posted:

i would actually like to see a lot less cmc and lot more elijah mitchell, especially when we go up 27-7 early in the third.

Yeah agreed. My buddy and I were shouting at the TV as to why CMC was still in after the game got out of hand.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Atlanta threw the ball just 18 times.

Get them into the NFCW asap.

And that's even without Patterson. Crazy how deep they are with their running game

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Vox Nihili posted:

Good post.

Gotta say I am really looking forward to Sunday as Niners fan, though.

Niners wearing their home jerseys because it basically is a home game for them. Stafford on a silent count again lol

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
SOSARS but goddamn the Niners defense had zero pressure on old man Stafford until the end of the 3rd quarter.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Fellow Niners goons, does tomorrow's game feel like a trap game? It's my birthday tomorrow and I've never had good luck with my teams playing on that day.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Leperflesh posted:

My worry with games like this is that we get a bunch of stupid awful injuries in a game we were always going to dominate because our over-eager excited players just hurl themselves into danger, that is the only way they know how to play. It's gonna loving suck losing one of our stars for the season midway through the third quarter of a blowout game, but that's the story of the 49ers.

And the problem with TNF, too. I think that the players haven't had enough rest since the last game and I bet that increases injury risk although I've not looked up statistics on that.

I am begging that Kyle puts Elijah Mitchell in more often than not. Just to preserve CMC.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

harperdc posted:

Al Michaels finally said the thing out loud on TNF though, “how come we play at Levi’s Stadium and all of our bumpers are of 44 miles north?” as a drone shot of the Golden Gate Bridge is on screen.

He also was bashing on the fact that there's nothing scenic about Santa Clara. And he's right because I live here and there's nothing scenic in the South Bay.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Christian McCaffrey is a pretty good football player who honors The Run. Even though he went to Stanfurd.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

rabidcowfromhell posted:

Just using the opportunity to post my favorite Aiyuk play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLG8ToGsQA8

So weird seeing Levi's with no fans in it. But yeah that's my favorite Aiyuk moment so far.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Play posted:

JSN just needs more opportunities. I don't think he'll be a world beater but he is definitely better than what's been shown so far. Too many doomed outside screens and bad Geno throws.

Stuff he needs to do better too, like catch the ball, but he hasn't had that many good opportunities sent his way

Hard to get a bunch of looks when you have DK Metcalf and Lockett. Might want to trade Metcalf to the Niners. How well can he block for CMC?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
As a lifelong Northern California resident I've never had any issue with the San Diego teams. In fact, San Diego is my favorite place to vacation in California. I also went to college there, so there's a bit of a bias.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Thoughts from the Faithful?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38585095/broncos-trading-randy-gregory-49ers-sources-say

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

If he stays healthy he seems like a pair of legs to rotate in to keep everyone fresh.

Yeah that was my initial thought. Niners didn't give up much to get him, so it's worth a shot.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

I can't quite find the correct metric for it but I think Brock reads better than Jimmy G. He's quick at seeing which routes are probably the most open and he puts the ball there. Brock sees the window and hits it. Jimmy G was more prone to bad reads.

He's slightly faster getting the ball out than 2019 Jimmy G. Brock has better >20 yd passes I think but he also has better receivers. Then having CMC probably puts exploitable coverage on Auyik.

Great seeing Mason get lots of touches. CMC didn't need to have a monster game to bury the cowboys. Still racked up plenty of rushing yards and that's what we like.

I'd like to see Mason get more touches, just to keep CMC healthy. He's got great speed and seems to read the blocking perfectly. That TD he had was gorgeous last night.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
AI has gone too far. Although Juice stomping on a weird pile of Cowboys seems about right.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I was telling my friend last night about Brock having to run for his life for what, 2-3 years at Iowa State? No wonder he's better than Jimmy in extending plays and making poo poo happen. Just watching Handsome James getting sacked multiple times on MNF this week should be proof enough. Jimmy just sits there in the pocket waiting for something to happen, where as Brock would have already made 2 or 3 reads and fired it downfield or out of bounds if there's nothing out there. He's a far better QB than Handsome James.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Massive holes in the secondary and zero pressure on Kirk Cousins. There better be second half adjustments. Luckily the offense is starting to wake up. The CMC fumble was brutal.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I knew the Niners were going to lose when the Vikings scored right before the half.

Edit: Also when Brock threw BOTH picks.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Lifespan posted:

I knew the Niners were going to lose when the Vikings scored more points than they did

Hello Magic Johnson! Nice to meet you.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Papercut posted:

Purdy out for sunday's game with a concussion :(

I mean is he officially out? Or is it a wait until Saturday/Sunday morning and see if he's clear?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

49ers legend Richard Sherman makes the amazon prime broadcast work.

I also like the rumor mill making up bs about him being DC for the niners.

If anything, he would be a great secondary coach. Lord knows the Niners need help there.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Failson posted:

Going to be optimistic and say I am looking forward to the Seahawks defeating the Washington Football Commanders of Maryland this coming Sunday.

Nobody cares, but my fantasy team would be very happy if one Tyler Lockett would catch many passes and touchdowns against the Washington Football Team on Sunday.

Also, just checking in with my Faithful Goons, how do we feel about this Sunday? Will the real Niners show up again, or are we going to get the fraud team we've seen the past few weeks?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

I will believe the niners continue to be frauds until proven otherwise.

I'd love to see Chase Young and Nick Bosa sack the Pretty Boy many times on Sunday, but somehow I'm feeling it's not going to happen. FRAUDS! :smugdon:

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
The 49ers are very angry today.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Howdy fellow Goon Faithful, how are we feeling about the Bucs this Sunday? I haven't watched a lot of their games but have seen them on RedZone a bunch. I'm feeling a lot better after last Sunday, and the Niners are back home, so overall I'm feeling good.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mustached Demon posted:

Exactly how I felt last week: existential dread.

Well there's always that for me but I basically tune it out. Happy the team is healthy this deep into the season.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

You should feel good, comrade. They got good talent except at the two most important positions: qb and coaching staff.

You are favorites and I hope you run for 333+ yards.

Blessed be The Run. Next week, however....

Edit: Also if there's any South Bay Goon Faithful that wanna watch the game, my wife and I go to Rocco's Ballpark in Santa Clara. I'll be wearing my Jerry Rice jersey if any of you want to meet up. Great bar, great vibes.

trilljester fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 17, 2023

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
The San Francisco 49ers have won another game and the goddamn Rams are going to lose. 😫

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Josh McDaniels will happily take over for Pete "Gum Chucker" Carroll.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

King Hong Kong posted:

r/49ers calls for Shanahan to be fired at halftime if they don’t score a TD on every play but also criticizes him if they do that since it leaves too much time on the clock. I got Facebook ads for some Broncos fanpage crowing about they are the best team in the league and how Russ is the MVP after they finally started squeaking out some wins. The insane overreactions to a couple of games or even plays is wearisome.

I don’t think Pete and the Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl any time soon, but over performing relative to your talent is the sign that the coaching is still good.

I'm not a Fire Kyle after every drive, but he does need to learn to RUN THE GODDAMN BALL WHEN YOU'RE UP BY 3 SCORES or more. 28-3 should have taught him that lesson.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

mllaneza posted:

I was happy with how much work Mitchell got against Seattle, especially in the second half. Mitchell is almost as dangerous as CMC when the lead blockers win their matchups, so it's nice to see him getting the touches. He could and should get a more when we're up by two scores

For numbers, CMC had 19 carries for 114 and 2 TDS. Mitchell had 7 for 39. 6 yd average vs 5.57. Definitely give it to Mitchell more.

Agreed. If anything, just to give CMC some rest and preserve him for postseason play.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Ronnie Bell knows how to block.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

MakaVillian posted:

I agree with this statement.

Once again The Run guides the way

The Run was established and used plenty today. The Run gods are happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I love Vernon Davis because when he scored we could shout out We've got VD!!!