Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

:hawksin:

:hawksin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Leperflesh posted:

Trey Lance has started 8 games total, 6 in 2021 and 2 in 2022. His completion rate of 54.9 is terrible, he has 5 TDs and 3 INTs which is way too small of a sample size to draw conclusions from, and his quarterback rating of 84.5 is not great.

Jared Goff started 7 games in 2016, which makes it a convenient comparison. His completion rate of 54.6 was terrible, he had 5 TDs for 7 INTs which is way too small of a sample size to draw conclusions from but is much worse than Lance's, and his quarterback rating of 63.6 was really loving bad.

This is a very simplistic comparison but I feel like most of us were writing off Goff after his 2016 abysmal season and he made the pro bowl in 2017.

In short, I'm a Lance skeptic but it's far too early to say anything conclusive about what kind of quarterback he'll wind up as after he racks up another season or two of starts... assuming he actually gets another season or two of starts, which may have to wait till he's no longer a 49er because Brock Purdy if he can stay healthy is a far better quarterback today, for sure.

I think one name gives Goff a pass on year one that Lance doesn't get:

Jeff Fischer

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

LJ Collier is probably my least favorite John Schneider pick. Was projected to be a 4th-5th rounder in pre-draft, lost his starting job in college his junior year and never had standout numbers. Puzzling pick when there were other better DEs to grab at that spot.

Malik McDowell will always be the biggest bust because of his ATV accident but I at least understood the thought process of a high risk high reward pick with him.

The collier pick was just so left field even more than the penny pick or Jordyn brooks. Definitely a result of getting too cute trading down imo should have taken montez sweat at 21.

McDowell pick sucks cuz of injury. I generally think of busts as people who at least play and don't perform and an indictment on the player. If the draft pick never plays just a waste.

EmbryoSteve fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 17, 2023

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

JSN getting wrist surgery this week.

Top picks just can't be healthy

Time for BoBo shine

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Hawks defense continues to look like it's gonna get run over. I'm hoping the offense can keep up and sustain drives bc hard to see how they are not gonna just allow 150+ rushing a game and be dominated in TOP

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

DancingMachine posted:

Paying 15% of the cap to a DE is definitely a choice you can make.

When you're not paying a qb it makes a lot of sense if he's that good actually

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Manoueverable posted:

Man it sucks to have lost all hope after Week 1.

I've watch plenty of bad seahawk football over the years but that 2nd half might have been with worst I've ever seen. Lmao giving up 120 yards to a 5th round rookie WR.

Credit to the rams but seahawks might be the actual bottom 5 team if we're gonna be getting more of that 2nd half of football

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Feeling like the seahawks could drop a stinker against the panthers. A little high off their own farts after the lions game and I remember the colts Mccoy giants coming in and running hog wild all over them a couple years ago. I think the ypc in the run d is a mirage since they are still giving up like 300 yards passing a game

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Benne posted:

I wouldn't say that I'm scared of Andy Dalton in 2023, but he's exactly the type of crafty veteran who can pick apart soft coverages and keep the chains moving, especially when he has time to throw. In other words, the Seahawks probably shouldn't feel too comfortable.

Agree. Total trap game

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Andy Dalton had 361 yards passing and I think this game is a lot closer if the panthers didn't false start 8 times lmao. Regardless, go hawks

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

The defense has been bad for 5 straight years and he's a defensive coach. I'm a seahawks Homer and thought they had a shot to compete and win playoff games up until 2020ish after they just collapsed during the let russ cook season. Just the same problem of allowing a million yards and 8min drives to the opponent with a hot and cold offense. They start the season so flat almost every year.

The drafting has been mostly headscratchingly bad which I think lends to why Pete is a good coach overall since these teams have been competitive with mostly random but I just don't see the seahawks winning a superbowl with him at the helm.

The grass is not always greener but that's kind of my barometer "do you believe they can when a superbowl with this coach". If the answer is no then what are you doing. I was a "yes" on that question until the last few years

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Leperflesh posted:

It's unrealistic to expect superbowl runs.
If you fire your pete carolls of the world because your routine playoff runs just don't go deep enough, you are far more likely to wind up regressing than finding the magic combo.

The question is "do.you think its possible that the team will EVER win a superbowl with this coach moving forward"

It's not that I'm expecting a run every year but when I take a step back I do want to think its possible for the team to win a superbowl with that coach (with all the luck and stuff that obviously goes into that) for me to think the coach is a good fit for the team moving forward

And for me it's only been the last few years where I didn't believe that was possible with Pete.

Edit: but a 7 win floor for a team makes for fun seasons as a fan

EmbryoSteve fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 25, 2023

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Again my threshold isn't "I expect a superbowl" it's more of I want a coach where I think "a superbowl is possible with this coach"

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The most important skill for a WR is their ability to block.

It's why we love bobo

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

They keep using JSN on screens and LOS stuff. I just don't think they are using him right. I would like to see him over the middle where he can use his agility to get open. Feels like a Percy Harvin and Graham situation again where they do not adjust their game plan to the players skills. jsn on screens is just asking Graham to block 2023

EmbryoSteve fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 3, 2023

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Benne posted:

Maybe a guy who missed nearly the entire 2022 season and most of training camp isn't quite up to speed on a pro field yet.

Instead of "using him wrong" they might just be using him as much as they trust him, which is clearly very little right now.

I wonder if it is a geno thing bc when lock came in they were throwing it down the field to JSN. Dunno, they have a history of getting players and then not using them to their strengths imo (Harvin, graham) .
Could b3 he's getting up to speed. Could be he sucks. Could be that they don't trust him. But feels bad the number 20 overall and first Wideout taken is a nonfactor quarter of the way in

Charbonnet looks baller tho.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Leperflesh posted:

Hawks fans should be happy with a win but that was a messy game. Geno needed to calm the gently caress down about the dude who tackled him wrong, there was a lot of sloppy play and penalties, the team seems to be winning based on individual talent with some very talented players but I am not impressed with their ability to cleanly execute plays. A lot of the damage last night was done by the giants committing penalties and being poo poo, not by the seahawks being excellent.

There were some weird coaching decisions. Like right before the half, running six running plays and then letting the last 19 seconds tick down on a 3rd and 1 at the 32 yard line with two time outs left? Why did you run those plays, if you wanted to try for a score you could throw the ball or stop the clock, if you didn't you could just kneel out the last 40 seconds after one play. Or the turnover on downs on the first drive of the third quarter, they had 4th and 1 and the geno incomplete pass looked like a low-chance play, why would you not just run the ball there? Or take the field goal, you're on the NYG 15 yard line and the score is 14-3, a field goal is hardly meaningless here.

NYG then did a full field drive that looked pretty good, Witherspoons' interception and 97 yard TD changed the game but you can't count on that kind of play to happen and without it, Giants are likely closing to within 4 points and maintaining momentum. That was the play that kind of took the life out of them and after that it was just clowning on a defeated team.

Anyway a win's a win obviously but I would not be looking at that performance and predicting they'll win their next five games.

It was classic seahawks.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

razorscooter posted:

if the cards can get a win against the cowboys, so can the hawks

So can anyone imo

(Except the bears)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

shirts and skins posted:

who knew that replacing Cody Barton with Bobby Wagner would make a difference??

I also thought it was funny how the team was so annoyed at last season's DT play that they shitcanned basically the whole position group and started over. And hey, Jarran Reed has been playing great!

God barton sucked. I will never forgive him for getting blocked by AARON RODGERS in that playoff game.

Jarren Reed is holding the whole dline together. Please wrap him in bubble wrap. Without him just don't know how the dline would be NFL caliber

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

MakaVillian posted:

It seems a little telling that Gould is still a free agent though.

Moody was perfect all season until a rainy Browns game, I don't think it's worth getting too upset about yet.

Yeah if it's that big an issue just sign gould back

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Not gonna lie if the hawks lost to XFL legend PJ walker I'd definitely be writing a *lost season* screed. I love DK and he had 14 targets yesterday. Many of them were not advised targets. Geno showing he definitely is not IT these last 3 weeks, just forcing the ball to DK when he is not open. Others dudes a re porbablymopen geno get them the ball

The run was good tho. And lol the adams header

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Edit: weird double post from phone posting

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

Man, just get to the playoffs and maybe some magic will happen. Teams league wide are struggling with red zone offense so it makes anything more of a crapshoot.

Certainly better than the Mariners approach of being cheap and 'maybe these AAAA prospects might work out' strategy year over year.

Maybe the seahawks are doing us fans a favor and only trying to win 54% of the time (and only make the playoffs once in next 8 years)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Qwijib0 posted:

Cardinals full tank, Dobbs to the Vikings.

lol, for a 6th

Lol why the gently caress not

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

shirts and skins posted:

That's an absolutely insane d line, but something tells me the Niners' defensive struggles have been more about scheme than personnel lately

I was actually rather shocked at how well the Seahawks makeshift' o line held up against Miles Garrett. entering full on "so you're saying there's a chance" mode until the Ravens obliterate them this weekend

Whether the run D is actually good or not will be confirmed this weekend. It wasn't great against the run first Browns (why they threw it on that last 3rd and 3 is beyond me)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nervous posted:

God willing the Seahawks still win the division somehow despite getting swept by the Rams and the niners

If they lose no other games then this is possible

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Cat Hassler posted:

Seahawks were never going to contend this year but I thought they’d put up a fight today. But nope

Absolutely embarrassing. Like they didn’t even care. Coaching, offense, defense, the whole team

It looked like they cared in the 1st quarter and then the defense saw the offense just keep loving up and said "imma head out"

I just hope this opens some eyes on the team that they are, in fact, not one or two pieces away from the superbowl. That trade looks even more fart huffing now than it did last week. They need one more solid draft and a QB. Feels like the team is 2 years away from contending

Also lol the NFC West as a whole, with 3 games played and none against each other, scored a total of 6 pts this weekend.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

its all nice on rice posted:

Maybe the Seahawks should try converting on third down and scoring more than 3 points in the second half.

Many people saying this

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Coldforge posted:

They just lost to the Rams, too, so allow it.

SORRY

Don't think anyone is saying anything other than the seahawks are sorry

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Spoeank posted:

N: the 49ers

V: they're good
*deep sigh* ....yeah

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I don't have much hope for the seahawks upsetting a good Cowboys team at cowboy stadium where they have turbofucked everyone. Can't believe they are still rolling with Jason Peter's.

Would be fun if they did tho bc gently caress the Cowboys but hard to see how they do it

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Even though the seahawks lost that wad the most fun game of the season and in general what I hoped the offense would have looked like from week 1.

Though this year's hawks are going no where and I'm a tiny bit relieved that bc they didn't win people can't go "see they've turned it around!!!" By people I mostly mean local sports media. It would have been real fun to beat the Cowboys but the defense continues to be rear end

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Leperflesh posted:

yes indeed seven time pro bowler (five time first team all pro!) motherfucking patrick willis, one of the all time greats

is he in the HOF yet?

and vernon davis at his prime, and navarro bowman whose career was cut short by the perfidious seahawks, and aldon smith in his best season, and five time pro bowler justin smith
the WR core was vernon davis and delanie walker as pass catching TEs and then had michael crabtree... and then... kyle williams, mario manningham, and ted ginn jr.

oh poo poo and randy moss came out of retirement to play one year with the niners in 2012, I totally forgot about that

yeah that team had a lot of talent!

Gotta play longer than 5 seasons to get in the hall

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Waltzing Along posted:

Naw. Willis was the best LB in the league for like 5 years straight. His career was shortened by injury. He's a HOFer.

"Hall of 5 years of good play" maybe.

that's one 1st round rookie contract worth of play

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Manoueverable posted:

I lament a lot about the Hawks being bad but I've made peace with them never getting to a Super Bowl again and I'm happy I got to see them win one in my lifetime.

Brother they've been 3 times in your lifetime. While I've made peace they won't go again with this front office or coaching staff things will change and they'll get another shot, otherwise what's the loving point of watching any of this

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Redeye Flight posted:

13. And as it was said to Pete Carroll, the most elder of coaches, so he said to his faithful - "Heed my example! For I have forsaken the Run, and thrown it on the one yard line, and for this I was punished. I shall not make this mistake again, against this band of brothers, and you shall follow me!"
14. So the Seahawks followed him, and trusted in the Run, and marched through the lines of he whose name is not spoken in Detroit. And the LORD was with them, and sent the Angel of Clownball to visit the Eagles, for the NFC East is its homeland, and they threw many interceptions, and the faithful were rewarded with victory, and that most sweet sound, angry Philadelphians on sports radio.
15. And all this came unto them for their faith in the Run, sacred shall it ever be.

Amen.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

While I don't think the Pete led seahawks will ever contend for a superbowl again and I think its time for him to retire (look at that defense for the last 5 years despite investing a shitload into it)

It is ALWAYS fun to clown ball on MNF and its great to continue a streak against a team

Lmao 15 years of beating the eagles.

The difference between picking 13/14 and 19/20 is immaterial to me. "Tanking" when you already have 6/7 wins isnt real. But wha t is real is that The road of the post season goes through San Fran who is in a different league than the hawks and I don't think the current regime can hang with them. Hang em up Pete. I can take and enjoy the win and still be kind of "hope this doesn't mean Pete chooses to stay" in mood.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Rams looked like what a 7/6 seed wildcard team looks like. Saints just looked bad and inflated on NFCS wins

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Welp. Next year the hawks get the 3rd. Place schedule so i look forward to a 6-3 start a slide then waiting to see of the packers lose again to see if the hawks make the playoffs.

Also look forward to another bottom 5 defensive unit

Hawks gonna take the "win 54% of time" to maximize profits mariner approach

To be clear: I'll still watch this garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

It was time. Please no Dan Quinn. Ben Johnson plzzzz