Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

https://i.imgur.com/Mgxn5Xl.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lifespan posted:

Dee Eskridge decided to make the hard decision of getting cut by himself: https://sports.yahoo.com/seahawks-wr-dee-eskridge-suspended-194834291.html

Looking up what constitutes a 6 game suspension:

quote:

With regard to violations of the Policy that involve: (i) criminal assault or battery (felony); (ii) domestic violence, dating violence, child abuse and other forms of family violence; or (iii) sexual assault involving physical force or committed against someone incapable of giving consent, a first violation will subject the violator to a baseline suspension without pay of six games, with possible upward or downward adjustments based on any aggravating or mitigating factors.

Yeahhhh, gently caress this guy. He's probably cut after the suspension ends.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
More soft tissue sacrifices:

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1687854088568860673?s=19

He's a UDFA but thats probably it for his career, sadly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

algebra testes posted:

Do I need any take aways from pre season game one except one reciver got knocked silly?

Our DB depth seems good

Our LB depth is not

Michael Bennett is an excellent sideline reporter

KING5 is terrible at broadcasting live events

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/RomeroJoseM/status/1691532610575769600?t=LLQE3MvormKbaya4hlCDHw&s=19

Yeah, good luck with that, LJ.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
LJ Collier is probably my least favorite John Schneider pick. Was projected to be a 4th-5th rounder in pre-draft, lost his starting job in college his junior year and never had standout numbers. Puzzling pick when there were other better DEs to grab at that spot.

Malik McDowell will always be the biggest bust because of his ATV accident but I at least understood the thought process of a high risk high reward pick with him.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
To be fair, McDowell had red flags about his character (which, given NFL scouts, is EXTREMELY dubious) but I don't think anyone thought that meant "will drive an ATV recklessly on a street without a helmet after being drafted."

It was a little funny when he got arrested and was shouting "do you know who I am??" No dude because you hosed yourself out of a playing position lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
QBs with potential / high draft prestige will always garner some interest. For some reason everyone kept convincing themselves Sam Bradford was just a few unlucky breaks from being the real deal. Matt Flynn got traded for a 5th and a conditional.

That said, Trey Lance backing up Dak seems a lot better than whatever the hell they had before.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
One thing I'm pretty concerned about with the Seahawks is the same thing I've been worried about since Kam retired, third and long on defense and the offense just hucks it to the TE who's wide open in the middle to get the first. Seen it a few times this preseason too. Will probably still plague us!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

So are the Rams just made up of Stafford, Donald, and 51 UDFAs?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1705263912457994505

trap game!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've never been so happy for an early week bye before.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
They're using JSN on the line of scrimmage, and for the most part Metcalf and Lockett and the TEs are still getting most of the targets. I'm not gonna worry too much, since often times WRs don't flourish till year 2, but his usage has been bad. I know Drew Lock had a few close attempts his way.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't have much hate for the old AFCW teams when the Seahawks were in that division because growing up in the 90s the Seahawks were just awful (cheap rear end owner, rip in piss Ken Behring), and that was back in the day of media blackouts if the team didn't sell out the game they wouldn't air the game on TV. It happened frequently, so I only got to watch away games and not really develop an interest in them. Also, at the time the Huskies were really fuckin good and kept the interest of Seattle fans for football. The early 80s teams that made runs for playoffs fell apart largely and Steve Largent retired when I was 2. A lot of older fans hate the Broncos and Raiders but I never got that experience.

It wasn't till the early 2000s when Paul Allen bought the team, the Kingdome blew up and Seattle moved to the NFC that I started paying attention. So right now most of my interest is hating other NFC teams alongside divisional opponents, and teams like the Cowboys and Packers.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If I were the 49ers I would simply not lose to Kirk Cousins

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

VaultAggie posted:

That one play where Kirk was surrounded and somehow escaped without a sack was astonishing.

That was actually a well designed play too because Kevin O'Connell pointed to the line judge to watch the 49ers secondary as he expected a penalty against them. Lo and behold, 49ers hold Addison (who still catches it anyway).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Part of me wonders if teams have figured out Brock Purdy considered he's laid two stinkers in a row. Could be a sophomore slump. Who knows!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nervous posted:

That's disappointing. Before I couldn't think of any Seahawks with DV reports off the top of my head.

Jarran Reed served a 6 game suspension in 2019 for DV.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The obsession with the tush push is getting QBs killed!!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Pungry didn't post this here so I'm beating him to it

https://twitter.com/TariqIsland/status/1717301401481810360

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Walker and Charbonnet had a good combined game of run establishment that allowed Geno to thrive. I'd call that a success.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Shanahan seems to have an issue when star players are hurt (either they're out or on the field & dealing with something nagging), he cannot adjust to work without it. Like Purdy is clearly not 100%, and without Deebo he's just all over the place.

When everyone is good, he's on fire, but it is the NFL and you gotta adjust better for injuries.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DeimosRising posted:

i mean he made the nfccg last year with their third string qb

mhm and what happened in that game? :)

edit: probably should have refreshed before I saw the Leonard news, neat.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
DK is gonna make some great plays then make some dipshit play that gets him flagged for 15. It's just what you accept with the kind of guy he is.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Do you think Seattle will win the nfc west this year?

They do not have a legit chance at winning a Super Bowl this year.

Man, just get to the playoffs and maybe some magic will happen. Teams league wide are struggling with red zone offense so it makes anything more of a crapshoot.

Certainly better than the Mariners approach of being cheap and 'maybe these AAAA prospects might work out' strategy year over year.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
"Seattle might not go far in the playoffs, may as well not do anything at all" is a pretty bad way to approach team building.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/JomiAdeniran/status/1719424308404212092

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Weird how the run defense magically got better after they got rid of Cody Barton

Bringing back your HoF linebacker who's again leading the team in tackles certainly seems to help too!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Reveal your username, Michael-Shawn Dugar, coward

https://theathletic.com/5019360/2023/11/02/seahawks-geno-smith-running-game/

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
From what I read, Earl basically could ball hard when he was with Seattle because he had Sherman and Chancellor backing him up. He did his own thing, and was drat good at it. When he went to Baltimore and was expected to do more and take on leadership roles, he completely fell apart.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The incident of him running to the Cowboys locker room after a game asking them to try and sign him in the off-season was a pretty weird thing too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sean McVay, the millennial that he is, is quiet quitting his head coaching job.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

If anyone wants a Trey Lance 49ers jersey, they're going for ~2x:10bux: on NFL Shop.

I remember seeing Russell Wilson Seahawks jerseys going for $15 last year at TJ Maxx lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Peachfart posted:

Russell Wilson was our really good QB for a decade, nothing wrong with keeping his jersey around, just like how I still see Lynch jerseys all over Seattle.

Marshawn left the team on much better terms than Russ did, and also pulled an Ichiro and came back in the twilight of his career when we were depleted of RB depth. These are not the same comparisons lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

trilljester posted:

The San Francisco 49ers have won another game and the goddamn Rams are going to lose. 😫

You sure about that 2nd point

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
gently caress off refs

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/_SEADerek_/status/1726392360475705675?t=n-MZogjRz7WWk6ebFRbhPQ&s=19

Puka collided with Diggs, trips on his own accord, is awarded a DPI when Witherspoon doesn't touch him. Game changing bullshit call.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/HustleChillson/status/1728480839640785349?t=MZDJ1pHqy2qoYh7H1Z5lfA&s=19

Seahawks still above .500 and people acting like we need to clean house itt lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
At least one Seattle team is going out on top :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seiferguy, you have an early morning meeting in the bay area Monday. Just fly in early Sunday and enjoy yourself.

Ah, well, nevertheless