Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

All that pre-snap pointing and talking and then the DE easily gets the sack anyway lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Lance did not get me on any hype trains in that half

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Beyond looking like he had no idea where to go with the ball, 3 years in and still can't throw a spiral :(

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

indigi posted:

how is Shanahan so awful at QB evaluation

Like half the QBs taken top-10 in the last decade have been busts so it seems like not just a Kyle problem

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

indigi posted:

his first choice was Kirk Cousins, his backup option was Jimmy Garoppolo, then he trades a boat to pick Trey Lance who is ultimately outperformed by Brock Purdy, and this offseason is comparing Sam Darnold to Steve Young and giving him backup snaps over Lance. he's been bad at it for years

Cousins and Garoppolo are totally fine QBs though. And today especially is a weird day to be criticizing him for giving backup snaps to Darnold over Lance.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

King Hong Kong posted:

I was a Goff skeptic but he was at least better than Lance. The idea that Lance has some sort of trade value has always felt like copium.

Tom Tolbert yesterday was saying he'd take a 2nd for Lance but not a 3rd lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

mllaneza posted:

Good news ! Johnnydel's Football Academy is back for the new season, with a breakdown of Trey's first outing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kfkO751FBY

Hell yes

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
That's a better return than I was expecting, nice

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

King Hong Kong posted:

Wow, surprised they got that done so quickly and managed anything above a 5th.

After the Cards gave up a 5th for Dobbs, I felt like there was no way SF would let Lance go for the same. I'm just surprised there was a willing trade partner.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'll take Aiyuk over Deebo if we have to make a choice

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
They can do it because they're paying league minimum to their QB the next two years

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

49ers have cleared forty million in cap space for the year, over the past few days. Getting ready for a big trade? Maybe a decent right tackle?

Getting ready for a godfather offer for Gould

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Niners are so loaded that I totally forgot about Elijah Mitchell

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
There's 1:30 left in the half and the Steelers don't have a 1st down yet lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Would've been a shutout if not for two bad Lenoir penalties

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Play posted:

this division is going to be bad this year compared to most recent years. I think. 49ers might be okay, but not as good as last year, Rams and Cardinals are gonna be utter poo poo. Only team really looking up from what I can tell are the hawks

Taking this opportunity to laugh at this post. There's no way that my post could come back to bite me, on the other hand.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I still can't believe the Niners were able to trade for CMC, he's ridiculous

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
That post owns, take that victory lap OP

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Johnny Del's film breakdown is a lot more informative than JT's but JT's is fine

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm not sure what level of the Niners d is winning their battles, the run and pass game is effortlessly gashing them so far

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
This Nacua kid is apparently unstoppable? He's getting whatever he wants all day

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

DuhSal posted:

A few too many dumbfucklike penalties and brock needs to work on his long ball but a decent win I think

That third quarter miss to Deebo hurt, he was wiiiiide open. He missed on those throws all day.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Play posted:

lol. I feel like they could toss him an extra mil for the good work or something

He's making less than Bryce Young was making in college lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Thursday games are always a poo poo show so who knows but the Niners *should* win handily

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

My worry with games like this is that we get a bunch of stupid awful injuries in a game we were always going to dominate because our over-eager excited players just hurl themselves into danger, that is the only way they know how to play. It's gonna loving suck losing one of our stars for the season midway through the third quarter of a blowout game, but that's the story of the 49ers.

And the problem with TNF, too. I think that the players haven't had enough rest since the last game and I bet that increases injury risk although I've not looked up statistics on that.

This is the advantage of having your TNF game so early in the season, you might get your injured stars back in time for the playoffs!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Luckily they have a second TNF game on Thanksgiving, so they can get injured again in time for the playoffs.

Oh no!

Also wtf gently caress that. At least it gives them 10 days off before the Eagles game.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Brutal

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Same old sorry rear end Cowboys

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I would say the only reason the "super bowl ever" with Carrol is a possible no is because of his age. Like there's a good chance the Niners never win a SB with Shanahan, because winning a SB takes a fair amount of luck unless you have some wild outlier like Mahomes.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I mean Russ fell off a cliff the moment he wasn't on a Carroll team and I don't think you can entirely attribute that to physical decline

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
CMC, Purdy, Aiyuk are all absolute ballers

Hargrave is such a ridiculous addition to the defense

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Bell has been great for a rookie, he's stepped in pretty seamlessly whenever needed

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Niners have 1 turnover through 4 games.

They also only have 11 punts. Pretty good.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Puka

Also Ronnie Bell : )

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
There's way too much St. Louis Cardinals hate erasure going on in this thread. The Yankees have been laughably terrible for a couple decades; the St. Louis Cardinals are a menace that must be scrubbed from the history books.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
All Niners fans must feel something about the Saints

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The 200 people that live north of the Bay Area are very adamant about that point

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I definitely root against the Saints much harder than I do against Baltimore or KC

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

On that one I should theoretically be mad the Giants, but the loss was so flukey (Kyle Williams :/ ) and Eli beating Brady again was too funny

Yeah same with the 3-peat denial, I get more mad at Roger Craig than the Giants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

It really, really feels like unless something goes horribly awry, you can write in the Niners for at least the NFCCG right now. In pen.

Yeah barring injury. Shanahan finally found his QB and the result is *very* effective.