Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

hear me out - what about steins and flagons? Perhaps even a drinking horn? :gaz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Bottles & cans, just clap your hands

Smugworth posted:

Bottles and cans, just clap your hands, just clap your hands

When are we getting our Beck subforums?! The people clearly demand it

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Malt liquor definitely tastes different, now that it comes in plastic instead of glass.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

JUGS

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Jelly posted:

Juggalos, actually

Faygo usually comes in plastic bottles though.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Brother Tadger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVm4rn5xw3I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE8aJwCp2Fc

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

dervival posted:

hear me out - what about steins and flagons? Perhaps even a drinking horn? :gaz:

Gay

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Wife likes it in the can, I'm usually grabbing a couple of jugs.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

emSparkly posted:

Faygo usually comes in plastic bottles though.

So do a lot of juggalos, I presume

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

root beer posted:

So do a lot of juggalos, I presume

ayyyyyyoooooooo

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i stylize it ‘juggz’ op it makes it look cooler

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Brother Tadger posted:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I want someone with jugs and a bottle to cram their bottle right up my can but I'm told this is highly irregular.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

zedprime posted:

I want someone with jugs and a bottle to cram their bottle right up my can but I'm told this is highly irregular.

Sorry, I have a girlfriend

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Cans are better for beer. They protect the beer from light, they weigh less, you can fit more beers into a fridge than you can fit bottles as bottles are taller without holding more liquid.

Think of a can like a mini-keg, because that's what it is. Cans now have a plastic coating on the inside so any perception of a metallic taste is just your lead-addled boomer brain.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Cans now have a plastic coating on the inside so any perception of a metallic taste is just your lead-addled boomer brain.

Hell yeah get their rear end

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Cans are better for beer. They protect the beer from light, they weigh less, you can fit more beers into a fridge than you can fit bottles as bottles are taller without holding more liquid.

Think of a can like a mini-keg, because that's what it is. Cans now have a plastic coating on the inside so any perception of a metallic taste is just your lead-addled boomer brain.

Your lips are coming in contact with metal, not plastic coated metal, but bare metal, on the top and your mouth can tell, assuming you haven't weakened your taste buds already. Drinking from an aluminum can with a plastic straw would not have the same effect. No, I'm not rubbing my tongue against it like a weirdo. Like I said, for me pouring it into a glass takes that metallic hint away.

As for the plastic lining on the inside, yes that's true and apparently it's been known to absorb some of the drink's flavor components in comparison to glass, so it does change the flavor as well.

Source for this is from a coca-cola spokesperson, not just some goon https://www.mashed.com/183673/the-real-reason-canned-and-bottled-sodas-dont-taste-the-same/

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 27, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Scrotum Modem posted:

Your lips are coming in contact with metal, not plastic coated metal, but bare metal, on the top and your mouth can tell, assuming you haven't weakened your taste buds already. Drinking from an aluminum can with a plastic straw would not have the same effect. No, I'm not rubbing my tongue against it like a weirdo. Like I said, for me pouring it into a glass takes that metallic hint away.

As for the plastic lining on the inside, yes that's true and apparently it's been known to absorb some of the drink's flavor components in comparison to glass, so it does change the flavor as well.

Source for this is from a coca-cola spokesperson, not just some goon https://www.mashed.com/183673/the-real-reason-canned-and-bottled-sodas-dont-taste-the-same/

found the lead-addled boomer brain

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Skin

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I wish I had jugs op

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

You can hoot on a jug so thats good too

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

jugz

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

zedprime posted:

you can find this oretty easily if you know where to look

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

zedprime posted:

sounds like you've got something bottled up there, mate (it's not really that irregular)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

zedprime posted:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Big cans. Biiiiigggga aaaasssss caaaaannnnnsssss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hairy Right Hook posted:

Big cans. Biiiiigggga aaaasssss caaaaannnnnsssss.