Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
There are 10,000 bands of big bearded guys covered in tattoos playing ROCK IN YOUR FACE music that will never even come close to the courage of tearing up that pope picture on live TV.

So many corny uncool industry musicians desperate for a board room to grant them a Coca Cola sponsorship. Artists with integrity like Sinead's are a rare thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Valko posted:

That was The Cranberries.

And that singer died by getting drunk, passing out in the bathtub, and drowning. :\

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Jailbrekr posted:

This seems appropriate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgGnD5SthPI

I'm singing this song for my sister Sinead
Concerning the god awful mess that she made
When she told them her truth just as hard as she could
Her message profoundly was misunderstood

Man I'm so happy everything I've seen and read of Kris Kristofferson makes him seem like a great guy, I've been so burned by a few of my favorite artists turning out to be terrible people in their personal lives, and country music nowadays sucks rear end and makes me think worse of all country artists period.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Not one single good song. I guess tearing up a pope picture goes a long way for a career.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

ChesterJT posted:

Not one single good song. I guess tearing up a pope picture goes a long way for a career.

Not a single clue in your post.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bula Vinaka posted:

And that singer died by getting drunk, passing out in the bathtub, and drowning. :\

I honestly did not know this.

Why did these two have to die. Hey, mother nature, there is an actual piece of poo poo irish musician who is still alive. Take Jim Corr and give us back Dolores and Sinead. Give us back Thin Lizzy too.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

Bula Vinaka posted:

RIP to a real one.
Sinead O'Conner was always courage personified.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The real tragedy is that Joe Pesci is still alive.

ChesterJT posted:

You're loving stupid.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

How does she compare to modern music divas? I mean she wasn't quite a Taylor Swifts or a Beyonce.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
I really liked her song in that next karate kid movie. I watched that more than the original

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Rip to a real one, shes getting anal blasted in heaven now.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

covidstomper58 posted:

How does she compare to modern music divas? I mean she wasn't quite a Taylor Swifts or a Beyonce.

Dude. No one compares. 2U :glomp:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

She gets to be racist in heaven now

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

Much like your posting, OP

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

doesn’t her name mean dead in Japanese that’s kinda cool actually

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
drat she really seemed to have had cancer for a long time, sad it finally got her

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Mister Speaker posted:

The real tragedy is that Joe Pesci is still alive.

Is Joe Pesci a piece of poo poo? :ohdear:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Animal-Mother posted:

I think he was the host of that episode of SNL or maybe the one after it. He said a lovely thing about her.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Animal-Mother posted:

Yeah, he hosted SNL the week after her infamous performance and said some poo poo in his opening monologue about how he'd like to smack her around. It was really loving gross.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

That’s Public Enemy’s logo painted on her head in the Grammy video . Reminds me that she went to bat for NWA hard when they were vilified for Straight Outta Compton.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Jailbrekr posted:

This seems appropriate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgGnD5SthPI

I'm singing this song for my sister Sinead
Concerning the god awful mess that she made
When she told them her truth just as hard as she could
Her message profoundly was misunderstood

I know I'm not saying anything new by saying she was the real one for what she did on SNL, but drat am I glad there were always people supporting her.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
RIP Queen of Irish Anal

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
RIP Saute o' Corncob

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

She gets to be racist in heaven now

Skinhead O´Connor

Also, whats with the anal references, id like to know more

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Skinhead O´Connor

She was a proud public advocate, a real champ.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

There was an episode of the F Plus podcast where they read stuff from her website, including a post where she was talking about how she was looking for a sex partner, preferably a woman, but that she'd be down for a rough assfucking too.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Skinhead O´Connor

Sinead O'Connor Seeks Sex Over Internet; Singer Looks For Mate, Pro Anal Sex posted:

"Let me now take time to make VERY clear that yes I 'do anal' and in fact I would be deeply unhappy if 'doing anal' wasn't on the menu, amongst everything else$$ So if u don't like 'the difficult brown'.. Don't apply..."

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Ok, yeah. I didn't remember it quite right but the anal stuff was definitely in there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I. M. Gei posted:

I didn't know anything about Sinead O'Conner until today and only just now figured out that this King of the Hill gag is a reference to her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMxo9fzScyo

its so loving funny

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

thats the first time Ive heard anal reffered to as "the difficult brown" and aye, I hope it be my last

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Sinead O'Connor Seeks Sex Over Internet; Singer Looks For Mate, Pro Anal Sex posted:

"Let me now take time to make VERY clear that yes I 'do anal' and in fact I would be deeply unhappy if 'doing anal' wasn't on the menu, amongst everything else$$ So if u don't like 'the difficult brown'.. Don't apply..."

Nothing compares to poo.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Bula Vinaka posted:

Wasnt she mulched by a speedboat?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She wasn't even Irish.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Sinn Féin O'Conner

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

goatface posted:

She wasn't even Irish.

:confused:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hated the british
Fraught relationship with the church
No potatoes

Hmmmm

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Kirsty MacColl (who got killed by a speedboat)

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII
I'll never forget her cameo as woman in pool with back turned to camera.. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

We have to protect annie lennox at all cost