Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Feels good to read all that. Thanks Pookah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Was a cause of death ever announced?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Not officially, but an inside source leaked that it was their tanks and their bombs and their bombs and their guns

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

STABASS posted:

Not officially, but an inside source leaked that it was their tanks and their bombs and their bombs and their guns

That was The Cranberries.

I've always respected O'conner as a public figure, but musically I only know the big hit - is there anything I should check out.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Disco Pope posted:

That's the third time this happened, makes me think it might be a bad attempt at trolling.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

I've always respected O'conner as a public figure, but musically I only know the big hit - is there anything I should check out.

nah. worth checking out the cranberries though, basically a superior sinead o connor

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bula Vinaka posted:

Was a cause of death ever announced?

Death by anal

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

nah. worth checking out the cranberries though, basically a superior sinead o connor

brit chix with large heads and small skinny bodies

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bula Vinaka posted:

yep.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

too many of them to tell apart. the british isles is basically one amorphous blob

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Bula Vinaka posted:

*Irish

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

can't keep up with all the little micro cultures in the british isles

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

can't keep up with all the little micro cultures in the british isles

Tell the Irish that, it’ll be fun

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dr_Strangelove posted:

You mean the Southern Irish, or the Northern Irish? The Northern Unionist Irish, or the Northern Republican Irish? The Northern Republican Sinn Fein Supporting Irish, or the Northern Republican Sinn Fein Opposing Irish? The Northern Republican Sinn Fein Opposing Real IRA Irish, or The Northern Republican Sinn Fein Opposing Trotskyite Irish?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dr_Strangelove posted:

trying to trick me into going to britain. nice try but no thanks

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

steinrokkan posted:

You mean the Southern Irish, or the Northern Irish? The Northern Unionist Irish, or the Northern Republican Irish? The Northern Republican Sinn Fein Supporting Irish, or the Northern Republican Sinn Fein Opposing Irish? The Northern Republican Sinn Fein Opposing Real IRA Irish, or The Northern Republican Sinn Fein Opposing Trotskyite Irish?

Call any of the above “Brits”

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Call any of the above “Brits”

The rest of the world mostly calls everything on the wrong side of the La Manche "England", hth.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Disco Pope posted:

Troy
You Made Me The Thief of Your Heart
Black Boys on Mopeds
Three Babies
Jerusalem
The Last day of Our Acquaintance
Jackie
Drink Before the War

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 9, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Toxic Mental posted:

Death by anal

Are we sure it wasn't actually death by anal deficiency?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

STABASS posted:

Thank you.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

steinrokkan posted:

The rest of the world mostly calls everything on the wrong side of the La Manche "England", hth.

there should just be one word for both islands better than "British Islands". They're both full of wankers, stop putting on airs about being separate and pick a single name!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

They're both full of wankers, stop putting on airs about being separate and pick a single name!!!

oh wow. try telling teh irish that......

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Names ain't a limited resource.

naem
May 29, 2011

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

STABASS posted:

some girl at our high school sang that song at some show and she sounded like a constipated donkey when she got to the "in your head" part, i was so ashamed for her, and every time i hear that song it reminds me of her version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts&t=76s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ98SJrJfps

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 9, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ChubbyChecker posted:

some girl at our high school sang that song at some show and she sounded like a constipated donkey when she got to the "in your head" part, i was so ashamed for her, and every time i hear that song it reminds me of her version

We had a girl at our high school who performed "Where Are You Going?" by Dave Matthews Band at a similar skill level, and now I know how much worse things could have been for us :gonk:

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

YeahTubaMike posted:

We had a girl at our high school who performed "Where Are You Going?" by Dave Matthews Band at a similar skill level, and now I know how much worse things could have been for us :gonk:

fortunately back then everyone didn't carry good video cameras in their pockets

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 9, 2023

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Am Irish, genuinely don't care about weird middle-aged trolls pretending to be annoying 10 year olds.
It's like, imagine getting wound up by a youtube comment that says "YOU STUPDI YANKEE YOU EAT MCDONALDS AND SMELL LOKE SADNESS"
Who the gently caress cares what some random dipshit thinks?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Pookah posted:

Am Irish, genuinely don't care about weird middle-aged trolls pretending to be annoying 10 year olds.
It's like, imagine getting wound up by a youtube comment that says "YOU STUPDI YANKEE YOU EAT MCDONALDS AND SMELL LOKE SADNESS"
Who the gently caress cares what some random dipshit thinks?

mad?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pookah posted:

"YOU STUPDI YANKEE YOU EAT MCDONALDS AND SMELL LOKE SADNESS"

WTF DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?! :clint:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

So so mad. U have no idea how mad I am right now.

(I just threw a TV out the window bc someone pretended not to know Dolores O'R wasn't Sinead O'C)

gently caress, I just killed Bono.

Edit: Bono lived like about half a mile from me when I was a little kid back in the 1980's. He used to drive a big old banger of a merc or bmw back then.
Ireland is such a weird little country. My little brother snuck out of the house when he was about 5 and cadged biscuits off Ali Hewson.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 11, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pookah posted:

So so mad. U have no idea how mad I am right now.

(I just threw a TV out the window bc someone pretended not to know Dolores O'R wasn't Sinead O'C)

gently caress, I just killed Bono.

Edit: Bono lived like about 6 doors up from me when I was a little kid back in the 1980's. He used to drive a big old banger of a merc or bmw back then.
Ireland is such a weird little country. My little brother snuck out of the house when he was about 5 and cadged biscuits off Ali Hewson.

Does Bono really have the biggest collection of hatchbacks in the country?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

steinrokkan posted:

Does Bono really have the biggest collection of hatchbacks in the country?

Common misconception.

He has the biggest collection of mid-sized family saloons under 10 grand on done deal.
Bono loves himself a chunky deathtrap.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Someone has raised the ire of someone from Ireland?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

ChubbyChecker posted:

some girl at our high school sang that song at some show and she sounded like a constipated donkey when she got to the "in your head" part,

How is that different from the original?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Pennywise the Frown posted:

WTF DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?! :clint:

U SMELL LIKE SADENESS AND OLD BUERGERS

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pookah posted:

U SMELL LIKE SADENESS AND OLD BUERGERS

I know. You don't have to rub it in. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I know. You don't have to rub it in. :smith:

Nah, u smell like crumply autumn leaves and fresh baked bread.
Be well and happy my buddy. Things can always get better.