Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is having children morally evil
This poll is closed.
Yes. 57 55.34%
No. 46 44.66%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I think we had a productive conversation today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its lunchtime lets get some more posts in

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yes

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

so where did we fall on drunk driving?

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

For every baby you don’t have I’m going to have 3

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm against children driving drunk, personally

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

no judgment tho, follow yr bliss

Jon
Nov 30, 2004
the capitalists should have to pay me for having a child

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I'm against children driving drunk, personally

if you can belly up to the bar and reach the pedals, hell

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

redneck nazgul posted:

having kids (which is great) is worse than drunk driving, so ergo drunk driving is one of the best things a person can do

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

redneck nazgul posted:

people drive too aggressively these days and a two drink minimum to get behind the wheel would resolve a lot of issues

or

you should be able to go to the dmv and blow above a .08 and then take a driving test. if you do, you're clear to drive as long as you are not more drunk than you were while taking the test. you get a little number on your license like .11 or whatever

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Unabombing a kindergarten might actually be a good thing when you really think about it. Just an idea I’m throwing out there if any climate doom goons are following along.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why stop at one

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i don't even own any children i drunk drive a leased vehicle

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

euphronius posted:

why stop at one

because a Bibomber has much different connotations

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Poppers posted:

Unabombing a kindergarten might actually be a good thing when you really think about it. Just an idea I’m throwing out there if any climate doom goons are following along.

You bring up a good point. Let me spin up a new discussion thread.

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Poppers posted:

taking a cue from the climate change response i was kicking around the idea of 'child credits' where if you dont have a kid you get a credit that you can sell to someone so they can have a kid guilt free. but yeah you could generalize it to any situation where you were responsible for reducing the total number of children, you get that many sellable credits. the market should be able to handle any issues that arise

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
kum

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

another good point, yeah

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Perhaps of the… pet variety? Or maychance in a wife’s vagina?

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

If your kid is dumb enough to open a package from the unabomber they deserve to die. Even the shittest drunk driver knows better.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Poppers posted:

Thread up
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037905&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=0#post533486436

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Thread down

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

cspam isn't ready to handle the hard questions

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Poppers posted:

The more Uknow

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I think that answers Lobster Shirt's position on children.

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
Abortionism may genocide a lot of black people, but it also helps genocide white people, so it;s impossible to say if its bad or not

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
As long as any two individuals have fewer than 2.1 children they are technically doing a degrowth, just less so than the childfree crowd. As such I think there needs to be a sliding scale as to what crime any given number of kids for a couple would correspond to:

1 kid: DUI (marijuana)
2 kids: DUI (alcohol)
3 kids: arson
4 kids: murder
5+ kids: genocide

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Vox Nihili posted:

As long as any two individuals have fewer than 2.1 children they are technically doing a degrowth, just less so than the childfree crowd. As such I think there needs to be a sliding scale as to what crime any given number of kids for a couple would correspond to:

1 kid: DUI (marijuana)
2 kids: DUI (alcohol)
3 kids: arson
4 kids: murder
5+ kids: genocide

which store lets you get kids in 0.1 increments???

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

The butcher lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

redneck nazgul posted:

it’s not actually that bad and has been wielded as a political scapegoat to plaster over how dangerous cars are just in general. sober drivers kill way more people than drunk drivers.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

celadon posted:

people drive too aggressively these days and a two drink minimum to get behind the wheel would resolve a lot of issues

or

you should be able to go to the dmv and blow above a .08 and then take a driving test. if you do, you're clear to drive as long as you are not more drunk than you were while taking the test. you get a little number on your license like .11 or whatever

agreed. if you can’t drive drunk you aren’t good enough to drive at all period.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
car owners, gun owners, and parents all have one thing in common: they aggressively ignore and gaslight about how morally reprehensible and socially damaging their stupid toys are

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Stereotype posted:

car owners, gun owners, and parents all have one thing in common: they aggressively ignore and gaslight about how morally reprehensible and socially damaging their stupid toys are

shut the gently caress up retard

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

shut the gently caress up retard

found the sad gun owning parent who lives in a car dependent suburb

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

He's right bitch. Stfu

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
:barry: clinging to their kids and firearms

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

im gonna get knocked up specifically to spite u later loserrr

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if you like your kid, you can keep your kid - president stereotype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I should run for president. How hard could it freaking be?