Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is having children morally evil
This poll is closed.
Yes. 57 55.34%
No. 46 44.66%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I can’t be expected to wipe my own rear end when I’m 80. Have some loving compassion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Stereotype posted:

children are an ecological catastrophe and bringing them kicking and screaming into a world of horrors without their consent is preventable with even the smallest foresight. having children is far worse than drunk driving.

Why do you say "consent"? A child let alone a baby or fetus can not consent.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Why do you say "consent"? A child let alone a baby or fetus can not consent.

yeah, exactly

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Akratic Method posted:

was it morally evil for you to do so?

I'll let you know when I find out if my kid turns into the next Hitler and/or gandhi

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Stereotype posted:

yeah, exactly

Ok so abortion should be illegal because the child did not consent to being murdered. They should be born and allowed to make the choice of life right?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Stereotype posted:

children are an ecological catastrophe and bringing them kicking and screaming into a world of horrors without their consent is preventable with even the smallest foresight. having children is far worse than drunk driving.

Lol.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Smeared some kid across the road after dollar marg night but at least I don't have any goddamn children of my own, that would be wrong

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

Vox Nihili posted:

Smeared some kid across the road after dollar marg night but at least I don't have any goddamn children of my own, that would be wrong

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

thats the climate thread IK lol

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!

Vox Nihili posted:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

thats the climate thread IK lol

yep

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Vox Nihili posted:

unironically yes

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Ok so abortion should be illegal because the child did not consent to being murdered. They should be born and allowed to make the choice of life right?

What if the kid is born and then immediately commits suicide? Abortion fixes this by killing the child before they have a chance to commit this heinous act and is therefore morally good much like childbirth which is also morally good.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
who doesn't enjoy an occasional creampie

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
STOP HAVINGS KIDS

• PEOPLE WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO JUST COME OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE

• YEARS OF PRO-CREATING yet NO REAL-WORLD USE FOUND for new people who can't even STAND UP

• Want more labor on your farm? We already have a thing for that: it's called "HORSES"

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
marked yes due to a lack of available detailed options; commenting to clarify that my answer is yes (if you are amerikkkan) and no otherwise

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Microplastics posted:

STOP HAVINGS KIDS

• PEOPLE WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO JUST COME OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE

• YEARS OF PRO-CREATING yet NO REAL-WORLD USE FOUND for new people who can't even STAND UP

• Want more labor on your farm? We already have a thing for that: it's called "HORSES"

babies have played us for absolute fools

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Vox Nihili posted:

most drunk drivers don't ever hit anyone, but every parent has forced a child into the world

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Stereotype posted:

most drunk drivers don't ever hit anyone, but every parent has forced a child into the world

go on

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Stereotype posted:

(wrong buzzer sound)

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
A man, being born, is a debt; by his own self he is born to Death, and only when he sacrifices does he redeem himself from Death.

Sacrifice (and these early commentators were themselves sacrificial priests) is thus called "tribute paid to Death. " Or such was the manner of speaking. In reality, as the priests knew better than anyone, sacrifice was directed to all the gods, not just Death - Death was just the intermediary. Framing things this way, though, did immediately raise the one problem that always comes up, whenever anyone conceives human life through such an idiom.

If our lives are on loan, who would actually wish to repay such a debt ? To live in debt is to be guilty, incomplete. But completion can only mean annihilation.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

having sex with a goon is morally repugnant yes

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

consider this: every goon was once a baby. still think having kids is "worth the risk??"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Homeless Friend posted:

(wrong buzzer sound)

sorry, every biological parent. adoptive parents are good

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

consider this: every goon was once a baby. still think having kids is "worth the risk??"

every baby is a potential future poster keeping the shambling corpse of this dead website going

it’s too great a risk to take

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

You can get good at drunk driving but you can never get good at having a kid since kids always suck. Drunk driving is holy and people who do it are closer to god than a kid haver will ever be.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!
if you have white kids they might turn out to be a haole and how could you ever live down the shame

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Babies are cute actually. Topic locked.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Poppers posted:

Babies are cute actually. Topic locked.

babies ftw

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
ok how about if you give birth while drunk driving

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Cuttlefush posted:

babies ftw

👆🏻

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

vyelkin posted:

ok how about if you give birth while drunk driving

cancels each other out, morally neutral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

People are going to give you poo poo for speaking your mind, but I just wanted to say you're doing a ton for the Biosphere thread's reputation. Continue clearing up any misconceptions people may have about the place, thanks.