Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

So very close to single digits... drat you Raffy Palms!

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 125 9/9:
Rarity: 10
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Was doing really well in rarity until I forgot that Pete Rose is very famously NOT in the Hall of Fame. :cripes: That's what I get for trying to be cute.

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 145 8/9:
Rarity: 132
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜️
🟩🟩🟩

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress to the washington nationals, i will never know anyone who played for this stupid team

Just remember that all Nationals are really just displaced Expos. ...And also don't gently caress up like I just did.

Edit: I wish there was a way to see the percentages of all guesses (unless there is and I'm just dumb). I'm curious if I managed to score the rarest of the three old-timey poem-related Cubs HOFers- "Tinker to Evers to Chance"

Edit2: Never mind, I just went on private mode in Firefox and guessed all of them in new windows lol (It was Evers)

Prof. Spaceman fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 25, 2023

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Other things I gently caress up: Quote and Edit.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Holy poo poo, I'm never going to do better than this. Only checked BBRef once to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and Jeff Francoeur did, inexplicably, win a gold glove.

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 160 9/9:
Rarity: 5
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

However, I did spend an hour listing, on pencil and paper, as many names as I could think of in each category.

I may have a problem.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

I feel like the 300 win category should be bumped down to like 250 or something. There's only 24 people who've won 300 games and half of them are from Tungsten Arm O'Doyle times.

e: 3000 hits only has 33 but at least the majority of those dudes started playing after women got the vote

Prof. Spaceman fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 12, 2023

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Mustached Demon posted:

I dorked up yet another grid by confusing Philly and Nats players.

Why am I so dumb?

You're not dumb, MLB is dumb for having so many teams wear red and blue.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Stat Saturday has blessed me with a truly bonkers rarity on this day - praise be to the gods of Remembering Some Guys. I'll admit I went incognito mode to double check that -----Negro League All-Star Games----- counted.

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 209 9/9:
Rarity: 2
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Getting closer to the fabled minimum. Is it possible to get 0 rarity if your total is less than 0.5, or is 1 the lowest it gets?

edit: also Lloyd "nepotism" Waner is in the HOF with 29 WAR and 1 All-Star appearance lol

Prof. Spaceman fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 28, 2023

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

I've never tried Pickle because I'm the kind of weird nerd who read and re-read the Historical Baseball Abstract (2003 edition) as a child, making me most familiar with dudes who played before I had to grow up and get a job.

Delino DeShields is still building his legend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Intruder posted:

The Astros having like 4 or 5 combined nonos in their history sure makes for some good rarity opportunities

I went with Kirk Saarloos

Off the top of my head they have four but I think I might be forgetting one. They have them in starts by Roy Oswalt, Aaron Sanchez and two by Christian Javier

It's cool that they allow pitchers that were just part of a combined effort. I felt pretty smart when I remembered Billy Wagner was part of one of them, but I completely punted on the A's and went with #1 answer Dallas Braden.