Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he rightfully fears the bread club and his masterful ball-destroying attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been reminded

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol still funny

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It’s even funnier now since Punk’s such a whiny bitch

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Kojima heard Punk bitching about guaranteed pay for his coworkers and knew what had to be done.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Thinking about this especially after today

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Also after fighting with the Evps, he came back and got his own show on Saturdays, Collision,where he would have decisions over booking and who would appear on said show.

Two weeks after coming back, he went on a tirade against hangman page and his action figures for no reason after collision was off air. Banned people from arenas and pissed people off, like Jungle Boy Jack Perry.

Everyone likes Jack Perry and if you're such an rear end in a top hat to piss off Jack then you're the problem.

He got so angry at Jack making a reference that only people who are terminally reading the dirt sheets and backstage rumors would understand that he started a fight right before opening a ppv in front of the biggest crowd in AEW history.

He kept getting what he wanted and nothing could make him happy to just keep his mouth shut and be an adult about stupid things.

Also what the gently caress was up with not just putting Ricky starks over clean in the Owen tournament, the whole thing with the tights roll up. That poo poo still pisses me off :mad:

It should also be noted that while Collision was his petty feifdom Punk would use his position to punish people who he felt had slighted him in some way. Famously he cornered low card AEW lifer Ryan Nemeth in the halls, screaming that they had a problem, and essentially forcing him off social media. Why? Because Nemeth had publicly stood by the Bucks post Brawl Out, the guys who absolutely were the only reason he got hired and possibly still has a job at all. Nemeth bailed from social media entirely and was, I believe, the first non Brawl Out involved talent to be banned from Collision. Nemeth's position in the company is much lower than Punk's, and many in the locker room saw this as a top guy using his spot to crush talent lower on the card.

The other classic example of Punk's petty tyrant arc was when he banned Christopher Daniels from Collision. CD has something of a unique space in the company, both because he's a 30+ year legend seemingly universally respected in the indies and big feds, and because he's also AEW's head of talent relations. CD's banning was because Punk decided that he hadn't sworn enough fealty to Punk, and was "too close" to the Bucks. So not only was Punk now banning on screen talent from showing up, but also people who are literally essential to the day to day running of a wrestling show.

He had everything he could have ever wanted, and had essentially carte blanche to enforce his petty grievances, and he still blew it up and threw it all away.

also he got his lovely little dick + balls big time smashed by Japanese legend Satoshi Kojima

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

also he got his lovely little dick + balls big time smashed by Japanese legend Satoshi Kojima

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I understand that 20 years ago was a long time and people can definitely change and grow as a person into someone better, but I read his old LiveJournal and hear him on shoot interviews from back then and I'll never stop thinking, "gently caress CM Punk.".

Also, the balls thing.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Honestly, I don't think anyone was given the keys to the kingdom the way he was since Hogan in WCW in the 90s, and this really was his chance to cement his legacy as one of the most important wrestlers of his generation. But because he couldn't get over himself and stop being an idiot cry baby for about 5 minutes, he ended up smashing it all into bits like Kojima smashed his dick and balls.

It's honestly breath-taking how much of a fuckwit he really is.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

His dick and nuts got cronched by kojima and his flying elbow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If I remember right, there was also an incident (can't remember if it was pre or post return) where he, knowing that Hangman Adam Page wasn't there, did an unscripted callout demanding Hangman come out to the ring to say poo poo to his face, then mocked him for being a coward too scared to come out when called out. Which is... you know, incredibly loving pathetic. On Being the Elite they made it into a joke with a skit where Hangman is obsessing over something petty with the Dark Order, a stagehand pops in and says,"Hey Adam, CM Punk is ca-" and everybody in the room screams at him to gently caress off because Adam is dealing with something important right now!

What wasn't pathetic was the time that Satoshi Kojima elbow dropped CM Punk's nuts.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

hangman page blew up his first brain then kojima blew up his second

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

hangman page blew up his first brain then kojima blew up his second

Shibata: That's why you gotta take out your brain for air every so often. Nobody ever listens to me :mad:

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

If I remember right, there was also an incident (can't remember if it was pre or post return) where he, knowing that Hangman Adam Page wasn't there, did an unscripted callout demanding Hangman come out to the ring to say poo poo to his face, then mocked him for being a coward too scared to come out when called out. Which is... you know, incredibly loving pathetic. On Being the Elite they made it into a joke with a skit where Hangman is obsessing over something petty with the Dark Order, a stagehand pops in and says,"Hey Adam, CM Punk is ca-" and everybody in the room screams at him to gently caress off because Adam is dealing with something important right now!

What wasn't pathetic was the time that Satoshi Kojima elbow dropped CM Punk's nuts.

I think this might be actually mixing up two incidents. There was that one where Punk called him out live on TV (which was pre-Brawl Out), but it seemed like Hangman was actually backstage when Punk did that one, from John Silver's pic and then the follow-up BtE video. Probably more likely that Hangman just wasn't about to actually go charge out in the middle of the TV show to participate in whatever off-script and unauthorized bullshit Punk was trying to start.

The incident when Punk decided to talk poo poo when Hangman wasn't there was after Collision started, when the show was in North Carolina and Punk decided to start running his mouth about Hangman after the TV main when the show had already gone off the air.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
The funniest bit about Punk-Hanger is Phil was legit scared Hangman would shoot beat him up during their match.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

he picked on Hanger because Adam directly called him out and he knew that Hanger would never in a million years actually get into a stupid fight that would jeopardize his career. he never once has picked on Mox because Jon absolutely would get in a stupid fight and would in all likelihood hammer fragile Phil into the pavement.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I remembered RVD's story on Phil telling him that he's calling a locker room meeting, not about him but something else and if he wants to be there and rob's internal reaction being :psyduck:

If a young Brooks boy was doing that then old man Phil in AEW must have been just the worst

https://youtu.be/0Z4enu18XaA?si=qWZUSNArfBENwaOb

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

thefncrow posted:

I think this might be actually mixing up two incidents. There was that one where Punk called him out live on TV (which was pre-Brawl Out), but it seemed like Hangman was actually backstage when Punk did that one, from John Silver's pic and then the follow-up BtE video. Probably more likely that Hangman just wasn't about to actually go charge out in the middle of the TV show to participate in whatever off-script and unauthorized bullshit Punk was trying to start.

The incident when Punk decided to talk poo poo when Hangman wasn't there was after Collision started, when the show was in North Carolina and Punk decided to start running his mouth about Hangman after the TV main when the show had already gone off the air.

Probably, I never took my brain out and shook it clear before putting it back in, so I get a lot of stuff mixed up. One thing I'm still pretty clear on though is that time Satoshi Kojima elbow dropped CM Punk's nuts.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

lmao he elbow dropped him right in his nuts

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have deleted my Twitter and do not like Reddit or the observer forums

Is anyone actually saying that punk has gone through all this and totally still has it, has not missed a step, is not a meltdown machine, and the best days are yet to come?

Like, when punk returned there was hope his time off would have let him rehab everything and it instead appears that punk left his joints and muscles in a garage like a supercar and all the seals and gaskets rotted and crumbled.

But there was a little hope for a little while that there would be this whole new era of punk matches, and while that may still be coming in like 2026 or whenever, between all these meltdowns, his matches being weird and disappointing, and him constantly getting injured off basic bumps, I cannot believe that there are people who are in good faith saying that cm punk is gonna come back and make some spectacular pro rasslin moments now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's basically pivoted to "yeah he's done. but it's all someone else's fault!!" Like Tony or Hangman or the Bucks or Perry held a gun to him and made him give these answers to barely-relevant-to-them softball questions from a journalist too shellshocked from the Dana White Experience to give anything more pressing these days. Helwani gave him easy stuff designed to not have him go insane and he couldn't manage it because the grudges are all he is anymore

Whatever he really, truly, still had to offer this business, physically and emotionally, it's been gone for a while. Emotionally I think it was gone during WWE suing him and Colt; physically it was gone after Brawl Out

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

curious that punk never shittalked Kojima, almost as if an Elbow of Damocles was hanging just above his lovely little old man dick + balls.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Me: "Oh, the thread is losing momentum, maybe it's time to finally goldmine i-"

The thread:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Fragile ego, fragile body, weak mind, weak spirit

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

fragile balls, fragile dick, weak weiner, weak nutsack

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

TheHoosier posted:

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

it would be a crime to goldmine the thread now, we're so close to the one year anniversary of this momentous occasion

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TheHoosier posted:

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Look at it: never again will there be such a devastating, pinpoint nuclear strike right to someone's dick, balls, and collateral-taint. The angels sing as the bread man descends from Olympus and obliterates Crushed Manhood Punk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't give Kojima too much credit, he probably had a lot of technology to guide him to his destination.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

Don't give Kojima too much credit, he probably had a lot of technology to guide him to his destination.

He LITERALLY ADMITTED he doesn't have that kind of technology, are you calling him a liar?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Woah what the gently caress!?! :aaa:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Woah what the gently caress!?! :aaa:

Maybe he reverse engineered the technology after elbow dropping CM Punk's junk.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Kojima has finally shown technology to surpass Metal Gear

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well okay, so it turns out he didn't have the technology. But that doesn't change the fact that he never once apologized for elbow dropping CM Punk's nuts!

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

fun fact, this didn't actually hurt phil, due to his tremendous lack of balls in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

At least Punk is in the company that sells out venues and he can get pops from hair dryers