Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

With the whole aesthetic CM Punk branded.
Which means Punk/Stark would probably be the main event. Which means Ricky was screwed out of a main event match.
He should go to wherever Punk is and elbow drop him in the nuts for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It was Chicago branded lol

Hes just always been very uncreative with his branding

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

He's trying to kick out so it doesn't look real! gently caress!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol gently caress that would make a good av/title combo

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

just remembered satoshi kojima elbow dropping cm punks nuts

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Do you think Punk's voice got all high pitched like in old movies when they'd get a nut shot.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lucifunk posted:

Do you think Punk's voice got all high pitched like in old movies when they'd get a nut shot.
Remember meeee, AEW?

When Kojima elbow dropped me in the nuts, I talked

JUST

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

haunted bong posted:

just remembered satoshi kojima elbow dropping cm punks nuts

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Satoshi "Yambag Hunter Jones" Kojima

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Generico posted:

It's super late, but I've had a thought about the Punk events so I'm gonna put it here in lieu of the other Punk thread.

So, Punk's original grievance, the first domino in this chain, is that he felt the EVPs spread the rumour that he was keeping Colt from getting booked. Now, dirtsheets don't share their sources, so I don't know why Punk thought the EVPs specifically were the sources of that particular rumour.

But if it's not true, it's a pretty easy rumour to squash, right? Tell Tony to book Colt on the next Dynamite. "I need to put this rumour to bed, so, I want you to book him on the same show as me to prove it's not true." Just doing that once probably would've been enough.

It never happened though, huh? Maybe he just didn't think of it.

I thought the first significant problem was when Hangman went off-script on Punk. Honestly, Tony probably should have sat both sides down in a room, and had them sort out their grievances and maybe just tell Hangman that if he's going to make a few off-script comments about Punk, to just give the guy a heads-up beforehand.

But then again,

Edward Mass posted:

See, you're thinking like a normal person who doesn't hold grudges eternally.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This seems false because it feels too ridiculous to be true:

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1700094097191473475?s=20

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Great choice of photos.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It feels completely on-brand so I have no trouble believing it

(For those that can't click through, and because Elon's embeds suck now: Dave said Punk went to the lawyers about a BTE bit [Matt loving up an endorsement deal] thinking it was about him, despite it starting years ago)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Great choice of photos.

Rule of thumb: you can tell how the outlet feels about someone by the image they choose

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Bonk posted:

Remember meeee, AEW?

When Kojima elbow dropped me in the nuts, I talked

JUST

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

That's that good poo poo.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The only thing I could think of that would offend Punk would be their reaction to Pepsi but that was really recent. To place it at an earlier date just to be within the time frame of when they agreed to not disparage each other publicly for * gain is just....

so tiring.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

The only thing I could think of that would offend Punk would be their reaction to Pepsi but that was really recent. To place it at an earlier date just to be within the time frame of when they agreed to not disparage each other publicly for * gain is just....

so tiring.

Its literally stated that he thought the oh no Matt Jackson hosed up our big endorsement deal bit theyve been doing for years was actually about him, presumably because he doesnt know his BTE lore but also mostly because dude is a loving narcissist hypocrite and its the kind of shot hed take himself.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

TV Zombie posted:

This seems false because it feels too ridiculous to be true:

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1700094097191473475?s=20

The mental image of CM Punk flying into a rage watching BTE is gonna stick with me for a while. Especially with how Nemeth-heavy the show has been lately.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A Fancy Hat posted:

The mental image of CM Punk flying into a rage watching BTE is gonna stick with me for a while. Especially with how Nemeth-heavy the show has been lately.

Cutler all poring over Youtube analytics to figure out if Punk is watching and using that as a guide for how to edit together the show.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Obligatory quote to put this on page four!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

ShadowedFlames posted:

Obligatory quote to put this on page four!

:hmmyes:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

TV Zombie posted:

so tiring.
It also wasn't Pepsi, it was Kenny's reaction to water with electrolytes, which had also been a long-running BTE gag.

Dude just getting super mad at imagined slights left and right, it's almost like he's a wrestling fan.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

next you're going to tell me he hates omega's expert water drinking technique

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

it was also a reference to a terry funk story so its doubly funny that the marks are turning it into another slight against punk

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

every time nick says MERCH FREAK he's talking about punks ugly-rear end larry shirt

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Bonk posted:

Dude just getting super mad at imagined slights left and right, it's almost like he's a wrestling fan.

No wonder he's always bading all his friends

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/TSPvideos/status/1618676856357781504?s=20

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You know the other thing? He could've put Eddie over. If the match was exactly the same, but Eddie hits him the backfist or a Northern Lights bomb and pins him, what changes? Other than Eddie proving him wrong and getting over? Punk can still cut promos about how that kind of war woke him up, how it's relit his killer instinct, and go into the MJF stuff.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
He could have done a lot of things, such as not getting elbowed in the nuts by Kojima, but what's done is done

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gaz-L posted:

You know the other thing? He could've put Eddie over. If the match was exactly the same, but Eddie hits him the backfist or a Northern Lights bomb and pins him, what changes? Other than Eddie proving him wrong and getting over? Punk can still cut promos about how that kind of war woke him up, how it's relit his killer instinct, and go into the MJF stuff.

never worked for him, brother

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

He could have done a lot of things, such as not getting elbowed in the nuts by Kojima, but what's done is done

But getting elbow dropped in the nuts was the best thing he did, dont try to change that

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

It's especially infuriating because his entire fake persona upon returning was essentially "I wanna put people over"

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

I bet his nuts got put over an icepack after the elbow drop, at least.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Saucer Crab posted:

I bet his nuts got put over an icepack after the elbow drop, at least.

Do not ice your nuts

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Do not ice your nuts

Yeah I know, it's better to use a bag of frozen peas.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Saucer Crab posted:

Yeah I know, it's better to use a bag of frozen peas.

The green pea-ness really helps

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Getting elbowed in the nuts wasn't enough to turn Punk's penis green. At least I don't think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012