Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Generico posted:

It's super late, but I've had a thought about the Punk events so I'm gonna put it here in lieu of the other Punk thread.

So, Punk's original grievance, the first domino in this chain, is that he felt the EVPs spread the rumour that he was keeping Colt from getting booked. Now, dirtsheets don't share their sources, so I don't know why Punk thought the EVPs specifically were the sources of that particular rumour.

But if it's not true, it's a pretty easy rumour to squash, right? Tell Tony to book Colt on the next Dynamite. "I need to put this rumour to bed, so, I want you to book him on the same show as me to prove it's not true." Just doing that once probably would've been enough.

It never happened though, huh? Maybe he just didn't think of it.

I thought the first significant problem was when Hangman went off-script on Punk. Honestly, Tony probably should have sat both sides down in a room, and had them sort out their grievances and maybe just tell Hangman that if he's going to make a few off-script comments about Punk, to just give the guy a heads-up beforehand.

But then again,

Edward Mass posted:

See, you're thinking like a normal person who doesn't hold grudges eternally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

You know the other thing? He could've put Eddie over. If the match was exactly the same, but Eddie hits him the backfist or a Northern Lights bomb and pins him, what changes? Other than Eddie proving him wrong and getting over? Punk can still cut promos about how that kind of war woke him up, how it's relit his killer instinct, and go into the MJF stuff.

Yep. I'm not saying this because I like Eddie Kingston (as we all should), but Eddie really needs to be booked to win these feuds more often. I guess it'll be cathartic if he finally wins the big one some time down the line, but he's not getting any younger either.

It's also what annoyed me about his feud with Jericho - to his credit, Jericho did everything he could to make Eddie look like a monster, but it kept flying right past blow-off match after blow-off match, while they (and Garcia and 2.0 by association) tangled for what felt like a decade. Eddie should've won that final match, and then hiffed Jericho into the barbed wire as one final "gently caress you," and this is a hill I will die on.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 10, 2023

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I rewatched the show during the weekend. Great match, excellent show, 5 squashed bollocks out of 5.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

cagliostr0 posted:

We will never forgetti
CM punk's smashed meatballs and spaghetti

More like fettuccini.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Can you fly, Satoshi?

Yes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

cm punk is a draw

he's also a massive dork that got his balls blown up by the bread club. they are mutually exclusive

Yeah, he draws Kojima's elbow to his dick.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CMPunk got his balls smashed in with an elbow drop? I’m going to need to see evidence of this.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Stereo nut smashing

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

It's been awhile so my memory is fuzzy but remember the time Kojima destroyed CM Punk's balls with a 450 headbutt. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the whole world was destroyed.

Eh, close enough

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Honestly, I don't think anyone was given the keys to the kingdom the way he was since Hogan in WCW in the 90s, and this really was his chance to cement his legacy as one of the most important wrestlers of his generation. But because he couldn't get over himself and stop being an idiot cry baby for about 5 minutes, he ended up smashing it all into bits like Kojima smashed his dick and balls.

It's honestly breath-taking how much of a fuckwit he really is.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

"Where do you think Kojima's top rope elbow to CM Punk's nuts rates in the history of ball smashes?"

"Well, um, big question. But, to me, Kojima's effort was the finest ball smash of them all. Certainly the most popular great ball smash of all time. The most beloved. His command of the air, the most magnificent. He transformed the pain of CM Punk's tormented balls into ecstatic beauty. Pain is easy to portray, but to use your passion and pain to portray the ecstasy and joy and magnificence of CM Punk's balls being smashed, no one had ever done it before. Perhaps no one ever will again. To my mind, that strange, wild man who roamed the arenas of Japan was not only the world's greatest ball smashers, but one of the greatest breadmen who ever lived."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2xWLudvcI

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The Doctor first traveled back in time because he was concerned about how Kojima could have had the technology to do this to CM Punk, only to discover a shocking truth...

"And your name?"
"CM Punk, of the Second American City. Punk, the Unsmashed Nuts!"
"Aw, that's not a very good nickname. What if you do get your nuts smashed by Kojima? Punk the Not-quite-so-unsmashed-nuts-anymore-but-never-mind?"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CM Punk: Chicagoans have no weakness!
Kojima: Oh, no, it’s a good weakness. No, the Chicagoans are fed by probic vent on the back of their nuts. That’s their weak spot. Which means they always have to face their enemies in battle. Isn’t that brilliant? They can never turn their back.
CM Punk: We stare into the face of death!
Kojima: Yeah? Well stare at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I demand to see evidence. Preferably in animated gif format.