Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
TK: "I'm sorry, I love you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm sure he was aiming for the bread basket.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Generico posted:

It's super late, but I've had a thought about the Punk events so I'm gonna put it here in lieu of the other Punk thread.

So, Punk's original grievance, the first domino in this chain, is that he felt the EVPs spread the rumour that he was keeping Colt from getting booked. Now, dirtsheets don't share their sources, so I don't know why Punk thought the EVPs specifically were the sources of that particular rumour.

But if it's not true, it's a pretty easy rumour to squash, right? Tell Tony to book Colt on the next Dynamite. "I need to put this rumour to bed, so, I want you to book him on the same show as me to prove it's not true." Just doing that once probably would've been enough.

It never happened though, huh? Maybe he just didn't think of it.

While this is true, to be fair, Colt could easily say no if he found out he was only being booked to soothe Punk's ego.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You know the other thing? He could've put Eddie over. If the match was exactly the same, but Eddie hits him the backfist or a Northern Lights bomb and pins him, what changes? Other than Eddie proving him wrong and getting over? Punk can still cut promos about how that kind of war woke him up, how it's relit his killer instinct, and go into the MJF stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Punk should be honoured to be elbowed in the balls by a former Triple Crown, GHC and IWGP champ