Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I offer someone $500,000 to remove the ice from this lighthouse

https://i.imgur.com/uC9TI6b.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person
Refusing to comply verticality statistics since 6/30/23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

haha what if pencilhands was jesus of nazareth, wouldn't that be crazy

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

1 million what? if it's for a million desiccated hamster dicks, then yeah I think I can do it

they are pristine and preserved hamster dicks

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Wet Bulb Drip posted:

That's a icehouse

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

subcontract it for half a million

I already provided this correct answer in the 4th post of this thread.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

You could hire a minimum wage crew for way less than that. Let's say somewhere around $10k per worker. You could hire ten or twenty workers and pay $100k for equipment and still spend way less than half a million.
You have no idea even how big the lighthouse is, how much ice, or how difficult the task is. You're just pulling all this poo poo completely out of your rear end.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Also no minimum wage worker is going to clear ice from an arctic lighthouse?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Considering the bridge to the lighthouse doesn't look that big it might not be such a difficult task. Two shifts of ten people chipping away at the ice every day could probably have it done in a relatively short time
sir, you have no idea how big that bridge is either

in a hypothetical scenario, this lighthouse could be built for 7 mile high giants on the planet Xerxes

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah i subcontracted my post

:golfclap:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

The ropes on the side imply it's not all that big
If you want to contract something on an implication that's on you, but those ropes could have a 40 foot diameter for the 7 mile tall giants that live there.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I kind of feel like even the Decepticons would want to take out the fascist chuds of the world because they're so pathetic and lame, so it might be a good call. Then again... Starscream.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

What if Nekron, the rotoscoped, villainously horny ice wizard antagonist from the classic 1983 Ralph Bakshi/Frank Frazetta animated masterpiece Fire and Ice, is living in the lighthouse pencilhands

gently caress yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

You've been eaten by a Grue