Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

pg 11 got links

The 2024 GOP primary is going and it’s anybody’s game at this point as long as your name is Donald John Trump

Let’s meet the candidates as of whenever that image above was made I forgot to check how up to date it is but should have most of them

Donald John Trump: I guess he might stroke out otherwise he wins

Nicki Haley: My family still lived in SC when she first ran for governor and my little brother and I had a running joke that she had offered us a blowjob to vote for her. My mom hated this joke. It was kind of misogynistic. She isn’t going to win

Vivec: Using the power of CHIM to manifest in our reality good for him

Tim Scott: My family had all left SC by the time he got prominent so don’t really know much other than he’s boring as poo poo. Good VP pick for trump if he wants to make some idpol types apoplectic

Asa Hutchison: given his resume I’m assuming his children have tortured dogs

Larry Elder: last seen losing to Gavin Newsom in the CA recall thing

Ron DeSantis: Somehow made Florida even shittier, which, drat, not my thing but still respect the hustle

There’s more but I’m bored

Somebody has issued a correction as of 01:59 on Aug 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

he's going to win

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

time scott

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

triple sulk posted:

he's going to win

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Meatball Ron's campaign is on its 3rd or 4th "slimmed down" relaunch and it's not even fall yet

I'm glad he's Jebbing out, dude is a real piece of poo poo

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Any chance that desantis wouldn't get rolled by Trump evaporated when he let staffers post nazi symbols on official accounts lol

They're called dogwhistles not foghorns

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/nick_field90/status/1685071513819459584

The sad loser candidates are doing some speeches today

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Meatball Ron's campaign is on its 3rd or 4th "slimmed down" relaunch and it's not even fall yet

I'm glad he's Jebbing out, dude is a real piece of poo poo

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

That images probably boosted him up more than anything else he's done. At least he is trying to court the Nazis.
Instead of just flubbing his way to the finish line hoping Trump takes himself out.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

They got a guy named Hurd running? gently caress outta here that's not a real person.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/nick_field90/status/1685071513819459584

The sad loser candidates are doing some speeches today

My advice is to absolutely skip the Pence/Hutchison dog and pony show

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I don't even know who Hutchinson is but I am enjoying that Pence half-assedly threw his hat in late and failed to get any traction whatsoever despite being the previous VP

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't even know who Hutchinson is but I am enjoying that Pence half-assedly threw his hat in late and failed to get any traction whatsoever despite being the previous VP

Former governor of Arkansas. I’m not saying he tortures dogs or held slaves, but given previous Arkansas governors I’m strongly implying it

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/gabegutierrez/status/1684641404369203200

They call him the sugar man. Trump is not ready for this level of raw untamed charisma.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

dont like him but will be voting for trump to defeat the fascists

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i love him

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

yep. just like every other adult in the room.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the_donald.win

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Yup

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Why would it matter if there's a comma or not?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's funny when I remember the Trump thread was originally the 2016 GOP Primary thread in D&D, and it was posted in November 2014. God drat.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1685088594170421248

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Nichael posted:

It's funny when I remember the Trump thread was originally the 2016 GOP Primary thread in D&D, and it was posted in November 2014. God drat.

It’s been a wild ride

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The 2024 GOP primary is going and it’s anybody’s game at this point as long as your name is Donald John Trump

Youngkin running to be the first monochromatic president in over 100 years

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1685091348821499905

Make the clapper the GOP nominee.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jeb!!!!!!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
serious politics lol
https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1685059915251863552

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
apparently the first debate is in less than a month, on August 23, 2023

quote:

The RNC announced on February 23, 2023, that the first Republican presidential debate would take place in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

On June 2, 2023, the RNC announced criteria to qualify for the first debate, with further clarification issued on July 18. Participants will have to meet the following criteria:

Be constitutionally eligible and appropriately filed with the Federal Election Commission.
Sign pledges by August 21 indicating that they will not participate in any non-RNC debate and that they will support the eventual nominee.
Prove to the RNC by August 21 that they have polled above one percent since July in three national polls - or in two national polls and two separate early primary state polls. The polls must meet RNC stated standards.
Prove to the RNC by August 21 they have attracted donations from at least 40,000 individuals, with at least 200 from each of 20 states or territories.

Unofficial criteria for the following two debates include:

50,000 individual donations for the second debate
60,000 individual donations for the third debate

talk about a low bar!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
polls polls polls

thrilling stuff, Ramaswamy has SURGED to 5% and is now threatening to unseat Pence for the 3rd place slot

the deranged conservatives who still hang out on Predictit (dying site) are buying him up, up, up!

Ramaswamentum!!!!!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Ramaswamentum!!!!!

Can't stop Hindutva!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Ramaswamentum!!!!!
lmfao. some easy rear end money to be made

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Let’s meet the candidates as of whenever that image above was made I forgot to check how up to date it is but should have most of them

Donald John Trump: I guess he might stroke out otherwise he wins

Nicki Haley: My family still lived in SC when she first ran for governor and my little brother and I had a running joke that she had offered us a blowjob to vote for her. My mom hated this joke. It was kind of misogynistic. She isn’t going to win

Vivec: Using the power of CHIM to manifest in our reality good for him

Tim Scott: My family had all left SC by the time he got prominent so don’t really know much other than he’s boring as poo poo. Good VP pick for trump if he wants to make some idpol types apoplectic

Asa Hutchison: given his resume I’m assuming his children have tortured dogs

Larry Elder: last seen losing to Gavin Newsom in the CA recall thing

Ron DeSantis: Somehow made Florida even shittier, which, drat, not my thing but still respect the hustle

There’s more but I’m bored

Pence vs Trump could be very funny

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

polls polls polls

thrilling stuff, Ramaswamy has SURGED to 5% and is now threatening to unseat Pence for the 3rd place slot

the deranged conservatives who still hang out on Predictit (dying site) are buying him up, up, up!

Ramaswamentum!!!!!

what a group this time around, lmao

trump's going to be locked in as the nominee by mid february

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

the lowly campaign staffer who had to go to Dick's to buy a bucket of baseballs lmao

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

triple sulk posted:

what a group this time around, lmao

trump's going to be locked in as the nominee by mid february

yeah lol all the people trump defeated in 2016 were the gop big dogs, now its just 100% nobodies

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

UFOTacoMan posted:

the lowly campaign staffer who had to go to Dick's to buy a bucket of baseballs lmao

they didn't even track down any of the the lgbt rainbow or Mulvaney cans to smash up

very, very low energy

also, big fan of the "buy the product we're supposedly boycotting to mock it" strategy

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Well there was only ONE Mulvaney can.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Well there was only ONE Mulvaney can.

ah lame, I thought it was a limited run promotion

there goes my chance of owning a piece of America's latest psychotic break

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe