Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Vox Nihili posted:

extremely close race!!!!

even if you rolled all those guys into desantis hed still only have 40%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Is this right or am I off base here?

Tier S (eventual nominee): Perry
Tier 1 (better than even odds of victory): Trump
Tier 2 (earnestly think they can win it): DeSantis, Pence
Tier 3 (running for VP or cabinet): Haley, Scott, Elder(?), Youngkin(?)
Tier 4 (running for media attention): Vivec, Christie, Hutchison
Tier 5 (inexplicably running because there’s no upside that can see): the rest

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 18:00 on Jul 31, 2023

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

id put perry up in tier 1 but otherwise correct

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

id put perry up in tier 1 but otherwise correct

Edited

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I really doubt Trump is giving Haley anything this time.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

I really doubt Trump is giving Haley anything this time.

Yeah I agree. But afaict she’s not in on the joke, similar to pence where there’s no path but he’s clearly in to win anyway

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah I agree. But afaict she’s not in on the joke, similar to pence where there’s no path but he’s clearly in to win anyway

she thinks trump gave her the un appointment as a reward

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

hard to imagine what christie is thinking imo. trump isnt going to give him poo poo this time around and he doesnt need to get his name out there. maybe he really thinks he has a chance.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

hard to imagine what christie is thinking imo. trump isnt going to give him poo poo this time around and he doesnt need to get his name out there. maybe he really thinks he has a chance.

Yeah he’s an odd one for me. I get total loser energy from him like he’s perfectly aware he can’t win, but also he’s not in the sheer loser tier because he can still get plenty of media appearances, so what the gently caress is he doing?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I miss Kasich. 🥺

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah he’s an odd one for me. I get total loser energy from him like he’s perfectly aware he can’t win, but also he’s not in the sheer loser tier because he can still get plenty of media appearances, so what the gently caress is he doing?

a thing a lot of people forget about christie is that hes also corrupt (remember the bridge thing) so he figures he can get at least second breakfast and elevensies paid for, for the next year or so

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

I miss Kasich. 🥺

speaking of hobbit meals

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

I'm guessing brand revitalization or the hope trump is disqualified somehow.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Christie is either trying (feebly) to get back at Trump for picking Pence for VP or he has a humiliation fetish.

Honestly it might be both

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

campaign finance laws dont really exist anymore so running for president is a good way to give yourself a big fat paycheck

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Al! posted:

a thing a lot of people forget about christie is that hes also corrupt (remember the bridge thing) so he figures he can get at least second breakfast and elevensies paid for, for the next year or so

Yeah Christie is totally getting paid off from someone to try and run a torpedo campaign on trump

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
eyyyyyy I'm griftin' here

https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/1686085857042644997

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nichael posted:

I miss Kasich. 🥺

i miss John Huntsman and the one D&D poster who was the only John Huntsman supporter on the entire planet

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Nichael posted:

I really want at least one debate with Pence and Trump sharing the stage, and it's disappointing that Trump doesn't want to do them. He's denying me funny TV.

The strategy they leaked is Trump gets in for the third debate, and only sooner if the ratings are huge. IMO the biggest things stopping Pence v Trump is Pence qualifying at all, and Pence staying in the race until Debate 3. It is kind of funny that Pence is the obvious choice to blend Trumpish and Christian and Neocon alike, hold hands and move forward, but 0 people treat him as a viable option.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i miss John Huntsman and the one D&D poster who was the only John Huntsman supporter on the entire planet

I remember that guy. Wasn’t he weirdly obsessed with huntsman’s daughter?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

The strategy they leaked is Trump gets in for the third debate, and only sooner if the ratings are huge. IMO the biggest things stopping Pence v Trump is Pence qualifying at all, and Pence staying in the race until Debate 3. It is kind of funny that Pence is the obvious choice to blend Trumpish and Christian and Neocon alike, hold hands and move forward, but 0 people treat him as a viable option.

:pray:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

he should refuse to come out on stage until the debate audience is chanting his name

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

see? exactly what i was talking about

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

he should refuse to come out on stage until the debate audience is chanting his name

this (timestamp 16:4) in real life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JICwZmAxgm4&t=1000s

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

i say swears online posted:

this is fun and fulfilling, actually

I get the republicans who want Vivek to win. I understand them.

To think he's going to win? Who is putting money in that?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
this is the most important 2016 GOP primary video, I want to believe that someday we will get something that is even a fraction of this...

maybe in 2028

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hfddkCVfA

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

stacks n slacks

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
let's see the money

these numbers are for the actual campaigns, not the Super PACs

looks like Doug is really popping off!!! not really though, hes a self-funding billionaire and that money is just passing from one hand to another

shocking amount of money being thrown at Nikki Haley though

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

let's see the money

these numbers are for the actual campaigns, not the Super PACs

looks like Doug is really popping off!!! not really though, hes a self-funding billionaire and that money is just passing from one hand to another

Lmao Hurd wrangled almost $300k

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mf is called burgum

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I started listening to the middle of a Perry Johnson "space" on Twitter, and the first thing he says is "We can buy Greenland for $40 or $50 billion."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

I started listening to the middle of a Perry Johnson "space" on Twitter, and the first thing he says is "We can buy Greenland for $40 or $50 billion."

hes the one to watch

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Florida poll

Rob it's you're state, you're supposed to be winning there!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Florida poll

Rob it's you're state, you're supposed to be winning there!!!

rofl of course he cant beat trump in florida. trump is way more florida than desantis will ever be

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nichael posted:

:letsgo:

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Light Side Kucinich

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Maximo Roboto posted:

Light Side Kucinich

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm not surprised. Haley has a history of being the dark horse that wins elections she has no right winning. In 2010 the SC gubernatorial election, she was polling in last place when Sarah Palin came out of nowhere and endorsed her. Haley's numbers exploded overnight after that endorsement and she went on to win the governorship. I'm guessing that some donors think this can happen again, they see her as the "adult in the room."

But it won't happen because SC will vote for Trump even if he had already died of a stroke and that will end her campaign.