Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

triple sulk posted:

who the gently caress is dean phillips

someone much more famous than you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

🖕

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

drat, i got owned

much like everyone else in the race who is not donald j trump

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

triple sulk posted:

who the gently caress is dean phillips

he invented the segway

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1765176860755767474
lol the gop nominated a holocaust denier who called school shooting survivors 'media prostitots' and has talked about mass-jailing trans people for nc governor, and the new york times is writing it up as an inspiring story of the hometown boy made good

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1765176860755767474
lol the gop nominated a holocaust denier who called school shooting survivors 'media prostitots' and has talked about mass-jailing trans people for nc governor, and the new york times is writing it up as an inspiring story of the hometown boy made good

yeah this dude, if he gets elected, wow then I guess poo poo is hosed up even more.
lib succs on roy cooper, the current dem governor, but at least but he is not this.

my NC native powers tell me that Mork Robinson can't pull it off, but we've got all sorts of weirdos living here now so what do I know.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

UFOTacoMan posted:

yeah this dude, if he gets elected, wow then I guess poo poo is hosed up even more.
lib succs on roy cooper, the current dem governor, but at least but he is not this.

my NC native powers tell me that Mork Robinson can't pull it off, but we've got all sorts of weirdos living here now so what do I know.

Isn’t NC gov basically ceremonial at this point anyway or were the news stories about the republican legislature stripping all the governor’s powers overblown?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Isn’t NC gov basically ceremonial at this point anyway or were the news stories about the republican legislature stripping all the governor’s powers overblown?
i recall reading they stripped the powers, either way the gop has a supermajority if i recall so they can override vetoes

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Full steam ahead for Cenkmentum!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

did oklahoma enter them wrong or

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

trumps winning oklahoma by like 70% but the buchanon joe one seems correct

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

UFOTacoMan posted:

the governor's office has no real power. all robinson can do is rubber stamp whatever comes out of the republican supermajority in the legislature and make clips that'll give late night talk shows ample fodder to make fun of the backwoods hicks in the red state

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gr0pKI-eeg

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

HallelujahLee posted:

trumps winning oklahoma by like 70% but the buchanon joe one seems correct

yeah, i dunno if it's the same phenomena as tonight, but in 2012 obama got <60% of the vote and an anti-abortion activist won 12 counties, i'm presuming most of those voters have switched their reg to gop by now but :shrug:

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

rough times for fringe candidates. no one gives a gently caress about Marianne and certainly not Cenk this time around. no more posting juice to squeeze as it were

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
L M A O congrats to... Jason?
https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1765201468699693239

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Full steam ahead for Cenkmentum!

Do not try Cenkum

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

the gently caress is wrong with his face

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

turn on your monitor

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

jason ftw

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

turn on your monitor

monitor is on, not a Samoan in sight

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

have any of the media outlets officially projected that he'll be the nominee yet

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:patriot:

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

The difference in turnout in these states should be a huge flag to Dems. For a republican nomination that was locked up more than Hillary, they have like 200% vote totals over the Dems.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

sounds like they've never heard of a little place called the green mountain state :smug:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

President Joe Biden was sweeping every Democratic contest on Super Tuesday — except for American Samoa.

He fell short there to a previously unknown candidate named Jason Palmer. Out of 91 ballots cast in the territory’s caucus, Palmer won 51 and Biden won 40, according to the local party.

“I found out that I had won because my phone started blowing up with friends and campaign staffers texting me,” Palmer said in an interview late Tuesday.

Palmer, 52, said he never visited the territory before the caucus.

“I have been campaigning remotely, doing Zoom town halls, talking to people, listening to them about their concerns and what matters to them,” he said.

lmfao

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Honestly it’d be pretty cool to be some random dude in Samoa and have the greatest bar bet ever for the rest of your life “yeah I once won a Democratic presidential primary. actual delegates at the convention yup”

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

Honestly it’d be pretty cool to be some random dude in Samoa and have the greatest bar bet ever for the rest of your life “yeah I once won a Democratic presidential primary. actual delegates at the convention yup”

hes not even living in or from Samoa, he's just some guy

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

guys can you please keep the thread on topic

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

guys can you please keep the thread on topic

Oh?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

yeah if you read the op you'll see what the thread is about :cheers:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
American Samoa ftw

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

bloomberg won it last time

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://x.com/deitaone/status/1765332527483421173?s=46&t=vNKUIzc4nvqsPFaYLiXegw

Guess she just wanted to get one win in.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

https://x.com/NBCNews/status/1765338001398210899?s=20

It’s over haters and losers

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Vox Nihili posted:

hes not even living in or from Samoa, he's just some guy

lmao that’s so much better

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

he's going to win

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

No! No!!
i had just decided the funniest possible outcome was biden and trump die and then kamala loses to haley. this ruins everything! get back in there!