Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which titles should the UFC have instead of the BMF?
This poll is closed.
The Actually Throws Jabs Effectively Championship 1 8.33%
The Knows To Call Someone Out In Their Interview Championship 1 8.33%
The Smart Enough To Not Use Social Media Championship 2 16.67%
The Quit MMA To Not Get Punched For A Living Championship 8 66.67%
Total: 12 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thinking about light heavyweight. The outcome that Dana wants least is either a boring 25 minute snooze fest leading to a split decision and a silent / booing arena, or a fight that ends in like 30 seconds because of an accidental headbutt or eye poke and I gotta admit. That would just be UFC.txt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

When I saw Semelsberger might head voice said in a Forrest Gump voice "He smells like cig-a-retts"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Semelsberger has a nice counter game. I'd like to see him develop more of a game when he's leading though beyond naked kicks and feints.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Good advice from Semelsberger's corner here imo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Medic sneak that round just through volume?

I think that's what Semels' corner was referring too, it's cool and good that he's not taking damage but Medic controlled that rounds and landed more which looks better on the score cards. It's why they're calling for pace and volume this round.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

drat! Medic is a beast when he lets fly.

You only see that kind of display when an angry dad knocks out a redneck for hitting on his 15 yr old daughter at a gas station.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Flowers playing the game, barely grazed his cup.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

IDK, there was cup contact and how many guys have we seen incapacitated by a grazing nutshot? It's a lot, sometimes the worst part is if the cup pinches.

Yeah the worst ones I've copped have been glancing hits or ones that hit the cup that makes the cup hit your balls more than direct shots but that looked like it was the shot to the liver that did the damage and he milked it. Can't blame him, if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

liver abuse, a heel to the crotch and a painful strangulation - the ol David Carradine special

hahahaha gently caress

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn what a kick

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

First round finish was ez money for this one.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn chiesa got loving destroyed.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

Ah yes Belal "They refuse to give me a title shot until I'm 40 years old" Muhammad, in the crowd

Who?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tferg got them giant hands.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

At this point mma needs two things.

Gloves that have a bend in the fingers in neutral position to naturally keep the hand closed.

Automatic point deduction for eye pokes* replay to confirm there's an actual poke.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

10th planet Bjj still the best base for getting your face punched in.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tony retire please.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've been watching this dumb sport for nearly 20 years now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress it 10 bucks on Lewis by KO. I believe.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

De Lima is the better and cleaner striker but he likes to wade in with his head down and lewis has a loving nasty short uppercut and hook, so I'm hoping that he can rip and land one because he owns.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

EASY loving MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS loving GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Everything is beautiful, nothing hurts.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

i couldn't hear his last words

shout out to my wife, you know I love you and I'm comin' home to bust up them guts

or words to that effect (the bust up them guts is verbatim.)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alex apparently weighed like 223 today after he rehydrated and ate. I hope he wins so he can have a crack the lhw belt and eventually at Jones and being the first three div champ.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 30, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jan if nothing else has a real good fight IQ. Kinda a shame but I tend to expect the exact same for 10 more minutes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

rjmccall posted:

Whole lot of non-choking going on in this fight

If it makes you happy Dana probably gonna go so pink he loooks like he's been choked if this is a 15 minute wrestle loving./

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jan might be in real trouble heading into the third. He looks exhausted.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gotta think AP looks to his left hook early and often this round.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

What does Poatan mean?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

rjmccall posted:

Total coinflip

I think 2 -1 rounds to Alex quite easily tbh.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dunno if many would score 1 effective takedown vs 4 defended in the final round, especially when Jan just lay there.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

COPE 27 posted:

Can someone give bullet points of the interview the bars sound isn't working right

Alex gave the usual thank you sponsors bullshit
rogan asked if he wants to stay at 205 and AP said he wants a title there, then some "unfinished business"
Rogan asked about the weight cut and was 205 easier. Alex said it's a 20 pound difference and much easier
Rogan asked about his next fight and any potential changes to his camp and Alex replied that he's been training hard with Glover, a former champ and he just wants to continue on this path

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

HOLY loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The baddest 'ustin on the planet.