Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Back to see how Tier A goes. I was thinking I would have more time to figure out how the keeper rules worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My wife sent money to the paypal for some random payment you just received. Also, it seems like all of my other leagues have posted draft dates, so I think any day that is NOT 8/31, 9/3, or 9/5 would work for me for Tier A. I am still trying to wrap my head around the keeper rules, it seems like teams must keep a ton with how elevated the draft spots are.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Looking at the players not kept and wondering how I am going to have a starting roster, and that is with 2 teams not submitting keepers yet.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Tier A

Here is your doodle link: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/b8EyvW3d

Please fill it out ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This assumes the supplemental draft will be completed in time..obviously if it's still ongoing, those overlapping dates will be blacked out!

I think we are just waiting on one team to both check-in and submit keepers to get the supplemental draft moving?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
A dumb question, but are promoted teams (or recently joined teams) competitive for Tier A? I took a look at the players kept with a little more detail and I am not sure if the players available for the supplemental draft are much better than many of the individual teams keepers, and they are getting split three ways. There are good players of course, but it is not balanced across positions. I guess it makes sense that teams getting relegated would have have less power in their keepers, but I cannot help thinking that there is almost no chance to win against teams that have been able to accrue keepers for years. It seems like it might be a pretty boring year where you are not really competing for the playoffs, just trying to not get relegated. Are there like 6 teams entrenched into tier A with years worth of keepers and then a rotation of newly joined teams fighting at the bottom? Not trying to be controversial, just my second year in the league and I really have no idea how it works when there are like 20+ RB kept, and the teams with all of the players are often also still getting 1st and/or 2nd rounds picks. Going to be picking something like Brandon Cooks as WR1 at pick 15.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 20, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Supplemental draft pick 1.1:
Travis Kelce KC, TE 10

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 25, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Supplemental Draft Pick 2.4:
T.J. Hockenson Min, TE 12

Supplemental Draft Pick 3.1:
Amari Cooper Cle, WR 5

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Well poo poo, left Hock hoping you'd pass on him since you already had Kelce.

I assumed that :)

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Pick 4.4

AJ Dillon GB, RB 7

Pick 5.1

Kirk Cousins Min, QB 13

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Done as well, passing on any of the players left. Think that is it for the supplemental draft. :toot:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I know I cannot make Sept 5 at all, so I would prefer it not be that one, unless the others are worse.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

darkspider42 posted:

@painofmind

Regular Winner Goal (TBD) - $10

What goal would you like to set this year?

I do not even know what my options are. Something inane like most points scored in overtime, or is that too hard to track? (If that is doable I choose that). I don't want something you can easily draft for, where is the fun in that.

Also, I am not sure how to do trades in this league, but I have a proposed trade with HotDiggity! to swap the keeper options of TJ Hockenson as a 12th rounder for Miles Sanders as a 6th rounder. I ran it by Darkspider42 just to make sure it was allowable, just getting it officially out here.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

darkspider42 posted:

Last year it was the player who threw the most TDs that wasn't a QB. I think I can track the over time thing since there usually aren't that many games. Caveat is the player must be in your starting lineup, no bench.

Sure, lets go with fantasy points in overtime then, starting lineup only.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

I can probably swing Sept 4. I'll be traveling but will try to figure it out.

Is this the date it is happening or is it still being decided?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

darkspider42 posted:

Tier A - how does Sept 4 @ 9pm EST work?

Works for me

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
We are drafting through that Sleeper link, right? Is the league through Sleeper, or does it get transferred to ESPN? If it is the latter, does the DL/LB match between systems?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Still a picture for ants, could keep it big and just timg it?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I...do not feel good about my roster.

Well, if it makes you feel better I was targeting Meyers in the last round and Bosa in the round you took him.

darkspider42 posted:

Tier A rosters have been inputted to ESPN. @painofmind its still showing you haven't accepted the league invite. Need me to send to a different email address than the gmail one?

I don't see any invite, can you PM me the email you sent it to?

Never mind, I found it.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Not that it matters, but it is kind of amusing that I had the 2nd highest score every week of the 6 teams that made the tier A playoffs (with the assumption I would have cared enough to replace Cooper who was out week 17 while I was traveling if I was in the finals) and ended up playing the highest scoring team all 3 weeks to go 0-3. All I needed was 6 points from Bijan Robinson instead of -0.1 in week 15 and instead of going 0-3 in the playoffs I would have gone 3-0 and won with my mediocre team that should not really have been in the playoffs to begin with.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 1, 2024