Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Revins posted:

nobuo uematsu is good

I heard someone describe Uematsu as "the world's greatest Emerson Lake and Palmer stan" and it still makes me laugh. The prog riffs and motifs in his songs loving rule

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

aka the Sephroth snype

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Agreed, this isnt fantasy its fuckin real life

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

Agreed, this isnt fantasy its fuckin real life

bohemian rhapsody is more aggressive than I remember

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

the following is a parody of a typical 'bad guy' thread in the politics forums, ahem

Sephiroth!
Sephy
Sephster
Spurt
Sephinal® - Penetrating Relief for Bad Back
SOOOOOOPH
Travolta
RooRooRoo
*out of breath, hangrily* ...s-s-Seth

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I really liked 10 because destroying a death cult religion and killing their God is super cool.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Coincidentally I just got done playing the recent rerelease of the original game.

You'd think they'd take this perfect opportunity to re-title it "First Fantasy" but nooOOOooo...

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
super mario rpg is the best final fantasy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Final sexual fantasy...

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I really liked 10 because destroying a death cult religion and killing their God is super cool.

Yeah I agree. That's really what Final Fantasy is all about. A fantasy setting with some sci fi elements and you kill god.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Yet Another Fantasy 18: Catboys in Space

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 3, 2023

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Why did that dude have such a huge sword? What was up with that?

florp
Aug 1, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
the name refers to the universe all the games are set in where power crystals serve as a pretext for generating teamwork-based adventure serials

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Junk posted:

super mario rpg is the best final fantasy

Best jrpg ever, just shoulda been like 30% longer.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

you were supposed to spend about 20 hours beating the game and then another 20 trying to do the 100 consecutive super jumps to get the super suit

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

i dunno, i think its the perfect length. i always start to burn out at the sunken ship, if lands end weren't such a good area i'd probably quit there every time

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Fuuuuuck lands end rules. drat you Nintendo I'm gonna be stoked to play this again

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

its difficult to even articulate why lands end rules. something about it being more than the sum of its parts, i dunno. the weird invisible fart boss, the quicksand, belome temple, it had a lot going on in it

mario rpg is my all time good vibes happy place game, nintendo has me by the balls with this remake. there's no way i'm not gonna play it

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
A subplot in ff7 is you have to stop an experiment where Red 13 is supposed to hump Aeris. I wonder how the brainstorming session and subsequent meeting about that one went down.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

A subplot in ff7 is you have to stop an experiment where Red 13 is supposed to hump Aeris. I wonder how the brainstorming session and subsequent meeting about that one went down.

Edgar in FF6 is straight up a pedo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

well that does it, i’m canceling edgar

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Always hated that guy, sucks poo poo. gently caress outta here with them wack-rear end tools.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it’s embarrassing weeb stuff op

i enjoyed ff3/6 and ff7 but that was 25 years ago

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

also Tifa calls Barret a retard for getting tired while climbing 60 flights of stairs

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Peggy Edson posted:

also Tifa calls Barret a retard for getting tired while climbing 60 flights of stairs

lol forgot about that

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tifa’s inbox filled with many long rambling PM’s

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Asterite34 posted:

Fun fact: the first three or so Final Fantasy games were mostly coded by Nasir Gebelli, a member of the deposed Iranian royal family who didn't speak a word of Japanese at the time.

this is genuinely quite a fun fact. looks like he did secret of mana too!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Tifa’s inbox filled with many long rambling PM’s

already happened after her Italian scandal

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I like XV cause its a very heterosexual road adventure of a twink and his best friends; another twink, a bear and a man-servant

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Archer666 posted:

I like XV cause its a very heterosexual road adventure of a twink and his best friends; another twink, a bear and a man-servant

I like how one of them comes out as gay to his friends, but the Japanese devs are loving cowards so they used a way milder attribute for him to come out as instead.

No, seriously, they're cowards:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wedding_Guide

quote:

Both participating characters must be of opposite genders.

FF11 is old enough to drink, and the in-game wedding system is still only for straight characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goYxEvy95hg

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Peggy Edson posted:

what does she call him in the Japanese version?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

retardu

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

uh what? are you referring to him hitting on terra 15 minutes into the game or something else? i thought he and sabin were quite young, and terra is a young woman, not a child

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Turpitude posted:

uh what? are you referring to him hitting on terra 15 minutes into the game or something else? i thought he and sabin were quite young, and terra is a young woman, not a child

I think it’s probably a reference to his dialog about Relm

https://legendsoflocalization.com/what-does-edgar-say-about-relm-in-each-final-fantasy-vi-translation/

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

wow such finesse and cultural

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

somethign completely unrelated iirc. like "don't be like that barrett!" or some poo poo. retard was just super casual in the 90s so the localization had nbd with it

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

oh so he is only a perv in the japanese version. makes sense

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Asterite34 posted:

Fun fact: the first three or so Final Fantasy games were mostly coded by Nasir Gebelli, a member of the deposed Iranian royal family who didn't speak a word of Japanese at the time.

They always just said "Programmed by: Nasir" like he had just one name like Madonna or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

FF8 is the dumbest one but it is the most fun for me to play because it's easy as poo poo and the music is soothing.