Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Feliday Melody posted:

My friend is looking for a game. A game that's like the combat portions of Stardew valley. But a whole fleshed out game with that combat and none of the farming.

Does anyone have any recommendation? They also said that a game like Terraria, but not Terraria was fine too.

Core Keeper? Though I think that it has farming.

The DQB2 rec earlier is also good. Does your friend just want some simple dungeon crawling without any time limits and other responsibilities and such getting in the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Morpheus posted:

Core Keeper? Though I think that it has farming.

The DQB2 rec earlier is also good. Does your friend just want some simple dungeon crawling without any time limits and other responsibilities and such getting in the way?

They like Diablo 2.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Core Keeper is p solid and the farming as it is is not particularly time consuming or difficult if that matters. The gameplay loop itself is entirely different to Stardew and is more like a top down Terraria.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Feliday Melody posted:

They like Diablo 2.

Minecraft Dungeons perhaps. Might be a little too simple for them, or might be just what they want.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JUST CAN'T GET ENUF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fckQom8gTvA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna play some video games

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What a horribly dull cheap over-acted generic piece of sh... yeah alright :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkdPQih4H68

Waffleman_ posted:

JUST CAN'T GET ENUF

Link the new one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HKDfO51Ja4

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Feliday Melody posted:

My friend is looking for a game. A game that's like the combat portions of Stardew valley. But a whole fleshed out game with that combat and none of the farming.

Does anyone have any recommendation? They also said that a game like Terraria, but not Terraria was fine too.

Hmm, it's a bit difficult to determine exactly what to recommend since it kinda sounds like you're looking for any sort of top-down hacky-slashy Zelda-esque game? If it's based off of Stardew, does that mean the friend wants it to be very simple-sword-swipey combat? Judging from the additional Diablo 2 note, maybe the scope can be narrowed to be more loot-based ARPGs, and the Terraria to not necessarily mean top-down?

I guess I'll just spitball some random games that might fit: Ember Knights? The Slormancer? Astlibra Revision? Crosscode? Unsighted? The earlier Ys games like 1+2 or Origin or Oath in Felghana? Children of Morta? Recettear (replace side-farming with side-shoptending)? Hades? Rogue Legacy 2?

We've also got Hammerwatch 2 coming out this month, to keep it topical!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I am super excited for Hammerwatch 2, the demo was great and I didn't even find everything in it. Really want to see what classes other than Ranger and Mage are in at launch.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

august games: inspiring reverence or admiration; of supreme dignity or grandeur; majestic

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Infinitum posted:

I don't think they've shown off actual ingame gameplay yet?

That very much just looks like clips with a sample of the soundtrack on top

Is that so? Thank god, I thought I was going crazy lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Anyway I’m stoked for Ggodbye Volcano High and Bomb Rush Cyberfunk* and Baldur’s Gate 3* and Armored Core 6. Good month

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1686392068242055169

:eyepop:

This is one of those crossovers for DbD that I always really wanted, but just assumed it would never in a million years happen.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Started playing armored core 1 and I can't tell you how tickled I am about ammo costs

You wanna fire off that chaingun for 2 minutes you'd better have the money to support it or else you're gonna have to sell your organs to pay off your debts

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arzaac posted:

Started playing armored core 1 and I can't tell you how tickled I am about ammo costs

You wanna fire off that chaingun for 2 minutes you'd better have the money to support it or else you're gonna have to sell your organs to pay off your debts

:hai: I started on Armored Core 1 last week and finished it the other day. I want to play the rest of the series before AC6, but won't have the time because of Baldur's Gate 3.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I don't know if I'm gonna play the whole series before 6 but I did wanna start at the beginning, and genuinely I'm surprised at how playable and good it is right out of the gate.

Like, it's got a fair bit of clunk to it, but in a way it works really well because you do feel like you're piloting a giant clunky mech

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

emSparkly posted:

Should I play the original Armored Core or one of the newer ones to get an idea of how the new one is gonna be? I heard V is like a strategy game or something.

You should probably not play the ps1 armored core with no dualshock support where you have to look up and down with the triggers.

Armored core 4 (ps3) is the first one Miyazaki worked on and the one that has the most crazy boost movement. Then V went in the other direction and made things a lot more grounded and slow and afaict is not super well liked among fans.

AC6's gameplay is gonna be somewhere between AC3 and AC4. But note that "AC3 and 4" is actually like 7 games -- each generation of AC games has a bunch of un-numbered sequels. The AC4 sequel "Armored Core: For Answer" is supposed to be one of the best games in the series so you might wanna go with that one, or alternately one of the Ps2 games like the first AC3 (supposed to be easy to get into) or AC:Nexus (the first ps2 game with proper analog stick aiming)

here's the chart from the armored core thread on this very forum, which appears to have copied it from reddit, which appears to have copied it from 4chan:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Everyone always asks how do I into Armored Core.
But no one ever asks how do I get into Armored Core.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DalaranJ posted:

Everyone always asks how do I into Armored Core.
But no one ever asks how do I get into Armored Core.

One leg at a time like everybody else

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

huh now that I'm on a browser i can see how annoying a 25-option poll can be

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

This makes me wonder if there's a dB of screens from games where they say the month and day, like you visit tomorrow and it will have a screen from a game where someone says "August 2nd"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

huh now that I'm on a browser i can see how annoying a 25-option poll can be

Nah, 25 option polls are hilarious.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

This makes me wonder if there's a dB of screens from games where they say the month and day, like you visit tomorrow and it will have a screen from a game where someone says "August 2nd"

Never pay more than August 1, 2023 for a computer game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I usually get here from the link in the previous thread but I had to actually look at the forums lol, already to 2 pages eh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Waiting for the inevitable joke options in the poll

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Suplex is clearly the best

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I want to kill whoever clipped these

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Random thought, and sorry for kramering in, but who do you think would win in a rap battle - GlaDOS or RoboKing?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I’m on the app so I can’t see the poll question.
I’m going to vote for mirror Kirby.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Uglycat posted:

Random thought, and sorry for kramering in, but who do you think would win in a rap battle - GlaDOS or RoboKing?

R2D2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hello Kitty Island Adventure needs to get on something other than Apple Arcade because it has the elusive Big Challenges in it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Oh Lord I want to be in that number
When the Kirbs go marching in.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Mirror supremacy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Hello Kitty Island Adventure needs to get on something other than Apple Arcade because it has the elusive Big Challenges in it

Big Challenges will be exclusive to Apple Arcade

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Name a single good video game. Good luck!!!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Picross 3D Round 2

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Shinjobi posted:

i had a lot of fun with that kirby super star ultra on the ds
too bad i dont have any newer ninty consoles so i cant play the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shinjobi posted:

ET. WAIT gently caress