Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Feldegast42 posted:

I can't believe aragorn is a weeb

Why didn't they just use a gundam to fly the ring to Mt. Doom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1697232881544753562?s=20

Beyond Good and Evil is being released for a third time before BGE2

Just in time for the 15th Anniversary of the Beyond Good and Evil 2 announcement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nh6qcfSEg4

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

It does not, they just hired famous Gundam fanboy Karl Urban for a live-action commercial. All the in-game cutscenes are like, radio conversations. You don't even see anyone's face in the entire game, just their badge/logo.

Sounds like a cold and distancing experience, much like the robots themselves

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

Yeah Karl Urban just loves himself some giant robots, there's a bunch of photos of him and Viggo Mortensen looking around a Gunpla shop.

robin williams (RIP) was another famous robot enjoyer

that scene in one hour photo where he's talking to the kid playing with the toys? those're mass production evas that he brought from home

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/1697282778667028835?t=QUa9wScvd0nW8P2HjiJaLw&s=19

Chip worked for Volition, so sounds like some layoffs happened.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah some other Volition people are straight up saying the studio's being shut down. Seems like Embracer's slow collapse is still going.
https://twitter.com/smb_ryan/status/1697281661543616857

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, they just CLOSED them

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

can't imagine this is a huge surprise unfortunately

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
gently caress, I was fearing that. It was an expensive studio with no hits in a long while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1697288775968174478?t=rgFYeUYaJVYvmQIeztROYA&s=19

There we go

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Skipping extend and going straight to extinguish I see

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
drat that sucks, did they wait for the Starfield embargo to announce on purpose?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

hatty posted:

drat that sucks, did they wait for the Starfield embargo to announce on purpose?

It does feel like some textbook bad news burying.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It would seem that THIS move was... a Demvolition!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

hatty posted:

This is also days after they started marketing the reboot's Steam release and put it on PS+

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Have friends at Volition. It's becoming a game industry rite of passage to live-chat your company's closure/layoffs to your group chat. Fun times.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I mean.. yeah this makes sense and sucks for everyone involved.

Agents of Mayhem into Saints Row 2022 is just a 2 Hit Bad Game KO combo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I really liked Descent back in the day, never tried anything else

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Embracer also had EA ridiculous level sales expectations for the SR reboot as well which certainly didn't help.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Original Red Faction will always be special to me for blowing my child mind with fully destructible environments

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

So much for that saints row 2 pc fix :eng99:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

At least Saints Row could do lip sync and actual facial animations, as opposed to whatever this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMMNkfSQuiU&t=220s

All 3 points of articulation!
Eyes brows! (Up and down)
Lips! (Up and down)
Jaw! (Up and down)

So realistic!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Came into the thread to say that I can't believe that,

hatty posted:

Mario wonder is a strand game

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Starfield definitely seems like another one of Those and I hope fans of Those have a good time with it. yup.

this sucks for the obvious reasons but I can't say I'm shocked, given the Saints Row reboot's underperformance and Embracer's recent financial troubles

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Volition choked at the finishing line. Everyone knows you go time travel and dinosaurs after you've done superheroes and space.

The ball is in your court now, Fast & Furious.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Infinitum posted:

So realistic!
Even though that one scene looks kind of bizarre, most of the other scenes of dialogue in that video actually look a lot better than I expected they would honestly

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Hmm, I appear to have never posted in this thread and forgot it existed until today.

Video games are good. Armored Core is goated.

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

mutata posted:

Have friends at Volition. It's becoming a game industry rite of passage to live-chat your company's closure/layoffs to your group chat. Fun times.

Yeah, it’s become too common. :smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gaius Marius posted:

The Unicorn is one of the ugliest designs in the franchise, and then they made it worse, twice.

They made a 7-11 color scheme Unicorn

I wanted one but missed the promotion in Japan by a month

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GI Joe getting the Beat Em Up treatment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWeUrH3g4AU&t=75s

Not done by DotEmu

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

They made a 7-11 color scheme Unicorn

I wanted one but missed the promotion in Japan by a month

"7-11 Unicorn" turns up a bunch for sale
https://www.amazon.com.au/Unicorn-Destroy-Psycho-frame-Prototype-Limited/dp/B00K7WO8EU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Not done by DotEmu

Wow thanks now I know!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Not done by DotEmu

I got a computer in the family room and my mom put a couple games on it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Not done by DotEmu
it's by the dev of Monster Harvest which was not v good but maybe this genre will work better for them

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
What's funny is that the Saints Row reboot didn't do horrible numbers or anything. It didn't light the world on fire but it had a long tail in sales so it would have been decently profitable after a while. But Embracer had to do a corporate restructuring because their deal with Saudi Arabia fell through earlier in the year and they needed to cut their losses. So due to their mistakes me and like 200 coworkers all get to lose their jobs.

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 1, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chip Cheezum posted:

What's funny is that the Saints Row reboot didn't do horrible numbers or anything. It didn't light the world on fire but it had a long tail in sales so it would have been decently profitable after a while. But Embracer had to do a corporate restructuring because their deal with Saudi Arabia fell through earlier in the year and they needed to cut their losses. So due to their mistakes me and like 200 coworkers all get to lose their jobs. We were literally in the middle of working on pitches for three different projects!

Oh hey there.

I finally subbed to your patreon, wish it were under better circumstances

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
it's a shame LPs don't pay for poo poo, cause Chip is some of the best in the business.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wow thanks now I know!

And knowing is half the battle.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chip Cheezum posted:

What's funny is that the Saints Row reboot didn't do horrible numbers or anything. It didn't light the world on fire but it had a long tail in sales so it would have been decently profitable after a while. But Embracer had to do a corporate restructuring because their deal with Saudi Arabia fell through earlier in the year and they needed to cut their losses. So due to their mistakes me and like 200 coworkers all get to lose their jobs. We were literally in the middle of working on pitches for three different projects!

Sorry about your job mate.

Was this a "We're closed! Bye!" announcement out of nowhere? Or were you expecting it for a while?
Cause it sucks that employees finding this sort of poo poo out over twitter is so common these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Sorry about your job mate.

Was this a "We're closed! Bye!" announcement out of nowhere? Or were you expecting it for a while?
Cause it sucks that employees finding this sort of poo poo out over twitter is so common these days.

The Saints Row Twitter literally had a tweet yesterday about how they were still planning to patch up SR2 on PC lmao (bitter)