Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

The Saints Row Twitter literally had a tweet yesterday about how they were still planning to patch up SR2 on PC lmao (bitter)

Fuckin :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
So we knew that the corporate restructuring was making things precarious, but over the last few months I believe there were talks to not shutter Volition due to the fact that we were now under Gearbox, had a bunch of new projects potentially in the works, etc. It honestly seemed like we were one of the studios more likely to make it out unscathed. And then we hear there's a very important all-hands meeting earlier this morning and there are some people in the meeting that you usually don't see unless some poo poo's going down. And right away the first thing said was "Volition is being shut down effective immediately".

And yeah, I don't know what's going to happen to the SR2 PC patch. I'm extremely pissed that all that work might vanish. Especially since it was a project that was headed by IdolNinja who was a good friend of mine. Dude literally spent his last days before cancer took him working on that project.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

USBs can contain so much data these days

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anyway what were you saying about corporate being fuckwits?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rip Volition

Gaius Marius posted:

The Unicorn is one of the ugliest designs in the franchise, and then they made it worse, twice.

Incorrect, Full Armor Unicorn owns

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i wonder if there's melee weapons in starfield or if it's all just guns (boring)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kerrzhe posted:

i wonder if there's melee weapons in starfield or if it's all just guns (boring)

Guy in the Starfield thread with a review copy said yes but they feel weak.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They were busted as gently caress in FO4 if you built your dude right so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't end up the same way

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bringing a knife to a laser pistol fight. Good job

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

bringing a knife to a laser pistol fight. Good job

what if it's a laser knife though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mothmansplainer posted:

what if it's a laser knife though

Then you should get back to Rubicon, 621

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

what if you're standing there thinking you're all cool with your laser pistol like "i'm gonna get em" but then BOOM i'm behind you smacking you in the head with a big hunk of metal.

or a laser knife, like moth said

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

what if you're standing there thinking you're all cool with your laser pistol like "i'm gonna get em" but then BOOM i'm behind you smacking you in the head with a big hunk of metal.

or a laser knife, like moth said

what if you're standing there thinking you're all cool with your laser knife like "i'm gonna get em" but then BOOM i'm a mile behind you shooting you in the head with a big hunk of plasma beam

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

thats why i tank myself out in the heaviest armor available and just run straight at you as your bullets plasma beams do nothing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

They were busted as gently caress in FO4 if you built your dude right so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't end up the same way

obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx-shcDB_Gc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

thats why i tank myself out in the heaviest armor available and just run straight at you as your bullets plasma beams do nothing

gently caress... that's powerful

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Feldegast42 posted:

I can't believe aragorn is a weeb

https://www.brego.net/article/viggo-mortensen-visiting-japanese-culture/

Then they went to the Gundam corner. There they were really serious and wearing aura which prevented us disturbing them. They didn’t move from there for nearly 20 minutes, staring goods almost touching glass cases. When they finally moved, both of them bought several Gundam goods. Never would have thought that, but Viggo knows extremely well about Japanese heroes. After having bought Gundam characters, Viggo asked where was the Ultraman corner. Again, they were in. This time, he came back after 5 minutes, but his arms were full of goods which he bought. He bought a figure set of Baltan Alien as a present to one-and-a-half-year-old son of Karl. Viggo bought it after having confirmed, “He is a bad guy, isn’t he?” I wondered what was his intention.

Edit: also

Viggo was wearing a jacket but his T-shirt beneath it had the message “Sekiyu no tame ni chi wa iranai (No Blood for Oil.)”. On the back of his jacket, there was a cloth with a slogan, which is the same with Karl. Although he said he would write a script, I guess he had been writing on T-shirts and sewing messages on the back of their jackets in his room alone. Since his hand-stitches were so rough, I offered to sew it properly. But he answered, “I did it intentionally.”

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:rip: Volition

sorry about the job, Chip, this is bad news all around :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

gently caress... that's powerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHdDxKy2QW0

my ideal gameplay scenario

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lol got email that 2 of my steam workshop items were being removed. They're almost 2 years old at this point.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Khanstant posted:

Lol got email that 2 of my steam workshop items were being removed. They're almost 2 years old at this point.

what'd you make

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The removed things are a half-goblin. Literally a cartoony model of a goblin bisected in the middle so half the model is just nothing. And a goblin ball which is just a low poly goblin model posed into a ball and on game it acts like a soccer ball or whatever. They never tell you why something is removed. My best guess is both goblins were just green all over like Kermit?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rinkles posted:

what'd you make

oh no...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also the Goblins had realistic junk

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Chip Cheezum posted:

So we knew that the corporate restructuring was making things precarious, but over the last few months I believe there were talks to not shutter Volition due to the fact that we were now under Gearbox, had a bunch of new projects potentially in the works, etc. It honestly seemed like we were one of the studios more likely to make it out unscathed. And then we hear there's a very important all-hands meeting earlier this morning and there are some people in the meeting that you usually don't see unless some poo poo's going down. And right away the first thing said was "Volition is being shut down effective immediately".

And yeah, I don't know what's going to happen to the SR2 PC patch. I'm extremely pissed that all that work might vanish. Especially since it was a project that was headed by IdolNinja who was a good friend of mine. Dude literally spent his last days before cancer took him working on that project.

Not sure if it means much but I grabbed the new Saints Row on steam release day and have been enjoying myself thoroughly with it. It feels very saints row to me and definitely a more grounded version.

The English female voice is the one I am using and it works so well that I am wanting cutscenes to happen so much.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

New Best Game of August just dropped :

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2377001/Golden_Idol_Mysteries_The_Lemurian_Vampire/

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh f*ck, playing this tonight

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

RIP Johnny and Shaundi, Saints for life

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You know what the hosed up thing is? They decided to close Volition and lay everyone off RIGHT at the end of the month

So now they have no insurance. If they had waited one day more, the employees would have at least had it through September.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Waffleman_ posted:

You know what the hosed up thing is? They decided to close Volition and lay everyone off RIGHT at the end of the month

So now they have no insurance. If they had waited one day more, the employees would have at least had it through September.

lol

gently caress embracer group

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Waffleman_ posted:

I would bet this was part of the calculus as to when to close the studio. Usually closures happen on fridays.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does management still get their golden handshake??????????

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

:yes:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have beat Armored Core 6 Fires of Rubicon and got the good ending woo.

guntank wooooo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Oh f*ck, playing this tonight

Took a little over two hours. Game rules

You know those "eureka" moments in puzzle games? What I really really like about Golden Idol is that in those moments, I don't shout "ah HA so that's the solution", I shout "ah HA so that's what happened", like, framing what's essentially a series of logic grid puzzles in the way it does makes it very very satisfying

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kerrzhe posted:

i have beat Armored Core 6 Fires of Rubicon and got the good ending woo.

guntank wooooo

GUNTANK WOOOOOOOOOO

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's not generally how severance works, and Volition employees are receiving severance. A fairly decent one, whatever the reason for that may be.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
having some real low lows and high highs with volition being shut down out of nowhere and this cover of Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure coming out, respectfully
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn686P1IEDU&hd=1

good luck chip, bumped up my patreon sub a tier, it's not much but I hope a bunch of other folks do the same to help out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAwK9FdUTjU

how did they know exactly what i wanted