Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ob21 posted:

...someone swiped enuf letters to make "Po-Po" ?

Just about every state has rules about surplus cop cars where they have to have some amount of the markings removed. I imagine the driver is the kind of guy to determine what the minimum to remove was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Midjack posted:

Just about every state has rules about surplus cop cars where they have to have some amount of the markings removed. I imagine the driver is the kind of guy to determine what the minimum to remove was.

Up here in the great whitey north the RCMP strips off all markings and reflectors before they sell cars, so the gimmick by people who want to look like cops is to put light bars on the roof and reflective strips along the trimline to look like 90s RCMP Crown Vics. One such dickbag parks on my street and triggers my "hm, cop" reflex every time, even though the E Division has switched over to Explorers except for IHIT and other detectives.

They always do it just enough to look like undercovers without enough to fall afoul of impersonating a peace officer.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pretty sure everyone within a 100 mile radius around here are SUVs only. I haven't seen a Crown Vic/Impala/whatever in years.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vancouver suburb E Division poo poo is still CVPIs for undercover. A few months ago I saw an obvious blackout in a crown vic in front of an apartment building near me. We're talking front bars, blacked out rear windows, barely visible cage, reinforced rims, the lot. A few hours later I got a ping that someone got shot a half mile away and that the gang task force was investigating it because some 19 year old got got on the corner, and a half mile stretch of 208th was under investigation.

IHIT does IHIT poo poo. God bless the queen king.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zero VGS posted:

The VA has already paid me ten times that much as compensation, and they didn't knowingly cause the damage.

I'd check those sums again because I ran the numbers through some law firm's VA backpay calculator and the number it spat out shows about $18,000 for my tinnitus over the last 10 years.

At any rate, I just have the tinnitus and I'd just like to have a few bucks to pad the savings account.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This video explains why anyone buys a police car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uH_X-9fjfI

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

I didn't know I couldn't do that officer

I’m sometimes reminded of a time in the middle of a college campus I was walking past a motorcycle cop that had pulled over someone using a power assisted bicycle of some sort. I just heard the cop saying “you.. can’t go 45 in the bike lane” with a cadence that I can only describe as the midpoint of bafflement, anger and impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Mr. Nice! posted:

This video explains why anyone buys a police car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uH_X-9fjfI

i thought you were going to post this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtOuJSnhA7s