Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Coasterphreak posted:

I’d almost prefer if the SEC just kept letting rich idiots dump their money into obvious scams. Good way to redistribute some wealth.

Its not the rich losing their money, its the idiot's in that middle class bracket losing it to the rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hannibal Rex posted:

https://twitter.com/gigaj0ule/status/1686814611658715136?t=dqrVfVvXDy3W3IEL0u2UQw&s=19

Room-temperature superconductors and a cure for cancer in the same year? Probably just twitter BS, but keep tabs on that.

I said it elsewhere the other day: a corollary to the Anthroponuclear Multiple Worlds Theory is that as the world gets weirder we'll discover more and more unlikely science. Cancer super drugs, room temp super conductors, FTL. All this stuff that was just in front of our faces the whole time being found out in incredibly unlikely coincidence

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

pantslesswithwolves posted:

There’s probably a 19-page thread in TCC from 2010 with an average 4.14 rating where some poster talks about their experiences with a compound called 5-NMP3s-Dioxide-Ferro-Bismuth-69-DPT-dimethylbenzanote-81, which sets in motion a chain of events where goons discover that heating it to a certain temperature and inhaling it via a balloon gives the user wild hallucinations of the future or times long past. Gradually, this becomes known as “doing the Kessel Run” with posters lambasting others for not doing a high enough dose as “dumping their shipments at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser.” The thread eventually dwindles off as the most prolific posters abruptly stop posting, leading many to speculate that they’ve OD’d. In actuality, they’ve discovered the first steps toward traveling through time and space, a fact that won’t be realized until archaeologists unearth a new part of the Parisian catacombs and find a slightly newer skeleton wearing a Casio wristwatch next to a much older skeleton with “MY NIGGA HAVE YOU TRIED LSD?!” scrawled on a nearby wall with the ashes of a dead torch.

:hmmyes:

Wombot posted:

You tell me any news headline and I don't immediately disbelieve it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

then they start woofing and a hockey game breaks out.

This is why hockey is the best

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Grip it and rip it posted:

Hell yeah lets commit some fraud/negligence in order to maybe kill some people.

It's the "maybe" which makes that a profitable move.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Could Judge Cannon show their rear end so much that they get themselves charged with obstruction?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The bombings were justified and effective. They were only necessary if you believe that minimizing overall suffering was necessary. (So IMO they were necessary)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

ob21 posted:

the one-million plus invasion force would have been exposed to potentially lethal doses of radiation along with the Japanese population

Ok you had me up until there. Long term nuclear fallout is bad, but rarely lethal. Would have been a lot more 1970's cancer deaths though.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
who the gently caress is scraeming "FIGHT ME" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will easily destroy you

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I don't fantasize about their deaths, I just wish they would die. I am morally superior.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Funny you should say "a" Twitter account, when the account is coming from inside the thread.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

ASAPI posted:

I'm surprised I haven't heard of any protests/demonstrations following the indictment announcement. Weren't they setting up barricades and what not in anticipation of that?

The sort of people who would protest this are the exact sort of cowards that will only do so until they meet even the most breezy of opposition.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I haven't heard the saga of the TempleOS guy. That sounds like some serious brainworms

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

bulletsponge13 posted:

I have no desire to ever watch DBZ after trying to watch DBZ. For it being "The Greatest Fighting Manga of All Time!" they sure don't loving fight very much.

4 loving episodes of that rear end in a top hat standing with his hands over his head, while his opponent just did nothing?

Stupid loving show.

DBZ Abridged also makes it quite a bit more sensible and comedic, and takes all of maybe 15 minutes to hit its stride, I think the whole thing clocks in at maybe 10 hours? With most of that being the last bit.

maffew buildings posted:

congrats to all those who decided to out themselves as anime watchers, this is very brave

Its 2023, anime is so normalized and hip it doesn't even wiggle the radar.

I see dudes at my gym built like brick shithouses watching Demon Slayer on their phone on the stairmaster.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

shame on an IGA posted:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_Kpyno9dOjw&si

haha after that his buddy that came to the gym with him wanted some too

"Education is painful sometimes"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
What if you make a "sports and news twitter" where the only "blue checks" were staff verified actual media people. Like Jon Bois.

Some sort of RSS feed, that you could post a nested comment tree on. Tree reply threads are awful and I hate them but people are reddit poisoned and yes I know you can't maintain linear comment BBS style beyond like 25 people per thread.

What I'm saying is balkanize the internet again. Its incredibly cheap to setup the platform, and expensive to get the initial seed of content that people want to see.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

Yup. Again, amazing the guy didn't go into hiding after the rebellion failed.

Rebellion's don't stop until the last man is left standing, thems the rules.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

- she was permabanned for an ecoterroristic threat about cows and a garage or some poo poo I don't know

Shame, ecoterror is cool and good now that climate change is bad, oh how the worlds shifted.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Their idea of ecoterrorism was literally throwing pipe bombs at cows

Oh yeah i'm not saying they didn't deserve a perma for being off their meds, their ideas were insanely stupid. That was like trying to write an episode of Archer.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Stultus Maximus posted:

Buying good electric cars is not wrong.

"We have prius prime at home"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Not being able to blast Voodoo Child while dangling out side doors is the sort of bad reputation that sticks with an aircraft for life.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yes, here in CT we have public services still somewhat functional.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

hobbesmaster posted:

The point to having a pass is that you can pop in for 30 minutes at weird times like near closing when there are no lines.

Naturally Disney had to get rid of that type of thing so passes don’t work like that anymore

They came up with Fast Pass as a way to get people on rides while still maximizing the amount of time to get their eyeballs and feet in front of stalls. Then they charged extra for it because the sort of people who can afford to buy realistic lightsabers can afford the $50 pass too.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I was at Disney World in the January just before Covid. Someone else paid for the trip, since it was technically a hosted corporate event. But it was worth every one of their pennies. I did the math out since I'm a nerd and the price of the lodging on the campus was more than made up for by the value of not having to rent a car or pay for gas or wasting time getting too and from the parks and parking. Turns out having functional mass transit in their little city is a huge time and cost saver for the everyday person, what a commie idea!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Zamujasa posted:

Florida is a place where a handful of friends live and yeah, they're feeling the squeeze. None of them want to be there but what do you do when rent goes up and wages don't?

Hit Da Bricks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Also the faded POLICE lettering just reading LICE